• Show
Clear All

[SUPPORT] First Person Horror Template

Click image for larger version

Name:	1AtM8IN.png
Views:	1
Size:	223.1 KB
ID:	1199873

This is a support thread for the First Person Horror Template.

Over the coming weeks I will try to get some tutorials out on how to use the basics of this template, as well as how to find your way around. If you can give me some ideas of what you would like to see in a tutorial, or any general feedback for the template please post here and I will do my best!

I will post the tutorials here, as well as develop this thread when I have a little more free time.

Also, if you like the template, dont forget to rate!
    5 Star
    55.56%
    4 Star
    16.67%
    3 Star
    2.78%
    2 Star
    2.78%
    1 Star
    8.33%
    I haven't rated yet
    13.89%
    Stylized Low Poly Environment
    Stylized Low Poly Pine Forest
    Stylized Low Poly Buildings
    First Person Horror Template

Hi, I've just purchased your FP Horror Template and I think it's a great way for people to get started in making their own FP Horror Project. One bug I found though, when you crouch down and tilt either left or right the perspective gets stuck in that position, will you be fixing that?

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix85 View Post
      Hi, I've just purchased your FP Horror Template and I think it's a great way for people to get started in making their own FP Horror Project. One bug I found though, when you crouch down and tilt either left or right the perspective gets stuck in that position, will you be fixing that?
      Thats an odd bug. The leaning features are really basic and mostly there to expand upon. Leaning is very buggy because I couldn't figure out how to properly rotate the camera and such, so it should really only be used if you know how to fix/extend it. Ill look into a fix for the bug though.

Comment

I feel though that something that cost me the price of a full game should be bug free.

Comment

I feel though that something that cost me the price of a full game should be bug free.
          There are nothing which is bug-free, also one cannot compare game and asset price ranges, they completely different and not related products.

Comment

So what do I do ask for a refund here or do you expect me to fix the crouch bug myself? It's a pretty big bug for the price I paid. It's not just like a flickering texture, it's part of the character movement.

Comment

So what do I do ask for a refund here or do you expect me to fix the crouch bug myself? It's a pretty big bug for the price I paid. It's not just like a flickering texture, it's part of the character movement.
              Im working on bugs and updates, but it takes a long time for Epic to approve and send out the updates, and so its easier to do them all at once rather than one bug fix at a time. For the meantime I would suggest not using the lean feature at all as it is experimental and was only included for someone to expand on or implement their own. Ill look into fixing the issue and post how to fix it here.

Comment

Notice, Im not the author of the pack. But as tip, i would say you need to "calibrate" your pricing policy, it's understandable to have it bound to previous experience(game prices) or personal income. But now you in a different world, now you not buying the product to use, you buying work hours.
                I don't know how big it is, but looks big enough. So let's assume author spend 200 hours making it and you buying it for 30$. Lets assume you don't even need the whole thing, like 100 hours, basically paid .30$ for an hour of his work.

And now here the questions for you to ask yourself, is this investment, when you calculate the price of your own work hours, including time to fix things, end up saving money for you, can you even do this asset pack, if you don't have experience with any particular task, you might end up with 5 times larger time spend for the task, compare to author, maybe you not capable of creating some things from it, but you need it.

The author spent 3 hours creating some "barrel", but you have zero experience with 3d art, so you would need to find another pack or learn how to do a "barrel" (hundreds of hours), but author didn't count his work as difficult, so he didn't bump the price. Also, maybe there are no asset pack with same "barrel" you need, so you would need to hire some artist and here you screwed because prices for exclusive content are way higher than any of asset packs/templates.

TLDR: Count the hours you save and their total value in $ if you did the job yourself or hire someone else to do it, not the overall quality of the product you buying, it doesn't need to be perfect, it might even have bugs in it, ask the author fix it, if answer is no (the bug might be introduced by you or specific to your own setup), reevaluate the price again.

Comment

Hay Shirk,

I have questions about blueprint crosshair.

Name:	003.png
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	1118754

Name:	001.png
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	1118753

This image shows " if Actor inside BP_Trigger2 = Show on the screen text Correct".

How to use blueprint for Crosshair. " If Crosshair inside BP_Trigger2 = Show on the screen text Correct". I need something like doors in Your Template (but for trigger):

Name:	002.png
Size:	351.6 KB
ID:	1118756

Finally i want add different icons for two different triggers (I mean icons hand).

Name:	004.png
Size:	3.5 KB
ID:	1118755

How do I do that ?

Shirk, very please give for me tutorial for my questions.

Thanks
                  Last edited by Spirance; 11-21-2016, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Ill get a response back to you this weekend, currently studying for exams this week.

Comment

Ok. Thanks.
                      Please remember my question.

Comment

You help me with this?

Comment

Originally posted by Spirance View Post
                          You help me with this?
                          Sorry things are getting busier than I anticipated, its final exam season and I have very little spare time.

Comment

Originally posted by CriErr View Post
                            Notice, Im not the author of the pack. But as tip, i would say you need to "calibrate" your pricing policy, it's understandable to have it bound to previous experience(game prices) or personal income. But now you in a different world, now you not buying the product to use, you buying work hours.
                            I don't know how big it is, but looks big enough. So let's assume author spend 200 hours making it and you buying it for 30$. Lets assume you don't even need the whole thing, like 100 hours, basically paid .30$ for an hour of his work.

And now here the questions for you to ask yourself, is this investment, when you calculate the price of your own work hours, including time to fix things, end up saving money for you, can you even do this asset pack, if you don't have experience with any particular task, you might end up with 5 times larger time spend for the task, compare to author, maybe you not capable of creating some things from it, but you need it.

The author spent 3 hours creating some "barrel", but you have zero experience with 3d art, so you would need to find another pack or learn how to do a "barrel" (hundreds of hours), but author didn't count his work as difficult, so he didn't bump the price. Also, maybe there are no asset pack with same "barrel" you need, so you would need to hire some artist and here you screwed because prices for exclusive content are way higher than any of asset packs/templates.

TLDR: Count the hours you save and their total value in $ if you did the job yourself or hire someone else to do it, not the overall quality of the product you buying, it doesn't need to be perfect, it might even have bugs in it, ask the author fix it, if answer is no (the bug might be introduced by you or specific to your own setup), reevaluate the price again.
                            I agree with everything said above. Lot's of people have zero idea how to make a 3d model or how to write a basic script. In a normal studio people get paid big money for every single hour spent. So when I see people moan about spending 28 GBP/USD (28!!!) for the whole pack, it's just makes me laugh. People usually get paid that amount per hour on a daily basis.
                            My Environment Artist Portfolio
                            My Artstation

My Marketplace

Comment

how would you add fps hands on this pack?

Comment

Working...
                              X