Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi! my name is John and I'm working with Unreal for a long time, the sound into Unreal is my job but when I need some information about it in my opinion is very limited and with the old version (4.12, 4.13) I'd like to have more information/tutorials about new audio system, new ambisonic implementation, etc, with the newest version of Unreal.

The sound is one of those forgotten in production.

Anyway the changes you're making in the documentation is amazing and look nicely

Thanks in advance

Comment

• Jim.Bradbury commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi, and thanks for the feedback! We are aware of the limited documentation available for the new audio engine, and are aggressively working to produce some quality Online Learning tutorials, as well as a rich set of traditional documentation. I can assure you that the Audio team 'feels your pain', and is pushing us hard to get some materials out the door. Thanks for your on-going support and patience!

Can you add documentation about blueprint online multiplayer implementation ? Thanx

Comment

Suggestion related to the documentation sidebar / table of contents: It would be nice if the topics were sorted in a more meaningful way. For example, Engine Features -> Rendering and Graphics starts with "Fog Effects", then "Virtual Texturing" and only then "Rendering Overview", which IMO should come first of all.

Comment

Update the blurbs and notes regarding what things work / don't work / how those work in the old versions (4.22 and older), so it's updated to whether those work / don't work / how they work in 4.23+.

Though it's not in the documentation, get rid of the wiki link in the top main navbar of the Unreal web site until there's actually a whole wiki available and readable. I suggest not even making a wiki, but I'm sure that's too unpopular of an opinion to be considered.

Put more specific use-cases with pictures from actually doing it in the Unreal Engine throughout the docs. It doesn't have to be full-fledged, final products ready to get sold in the marketplace. But at least showing, in some cases extensively or in a bit more detail than is currently shown, what exactly is involved in accomplishing the effect / using feature(s) / placing it in the scene.

Try summarizing the point at, click, click & hold, left mouse button / right mouse button, etc instructions. This is repeated in a number of basic how-to's and other articles. It could be something such as:

LMB click-hold, drag to viewport, release
      R-click in material graph, type "texture", click "Texture_Sample" (node is placed where cursor is)

Use those kinds of instructions rather than spelling out every word and forming what, by stricter English standards, form length, run-on sentences. It's easier to read and even makes the docs more approachable for beginners / intermediates / experts alike.

Comment

Working...
      X