Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mobile (Android/Oculus) DLC (creation, packaging and playing) training stream and docs - when ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[LEARNING RESOURCES] Mobile (Android/Oculus) DLC (creation, packaging and playing) training stream and docs - when ?

Is there any way we could have a training stream about creating, packaging and then playing DLC for mobile (Android/Oculus) platform ?

I am sure people would like to learn how to set up main project/game so that it would be easier to add multiple DLCs after the release; how to package (into separate DLCs) additional content added to the project after the main game was completed and the game was released; how to have main game to accept DLC content (also where it needs to be placed in relation to already installed game on Android device or Oculus Go/Quest) after it was acquired by the user.

Ideally Blueprint-only, but if C++ has to be used, it would be nice to accommodate UE4 developers who don't really code in C++ and are mostly Blueprints developers.

Thanks beforehand

P.S. I assume models/anims/levels/textures/etc. (assets) would be in DLC packages, but the additional gameplay functionality would have to be coded (Blueprints) into the main game. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Hey there motorsep! We're actually working on organizing these materials as we speak. It's tough to state an exact timeline before we have them available, but this is currently one of our top requests for mobile docs and tutorials on multiple fronts. I've bookmarked this thread and will keep you posted.

Comment

Originally posted by MikhailPrinke View Post
      Hey there motorsep! We're actually working on organizing these materials as we speak. It's tough to state an exact timeline before we have them available, but this is currently one of our top requests for mobile docs and tutorials on multiple fronts. I've bookmarked this thread and will keep you posted.
      Much appreciated. Looking forward the official docs and tutorials!

Comment

Working...
      X