Clear All

[LEARNING RESOURCES] Search bar only for docs

A Search bar over the documentation as it can filter all results, Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	search.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	1651672

Thanks for the suggestion! I will pass this along to the appropriate contact here at Epic Games.
    Jim Bradbury | Learning Resources | Epic Games

Comment

There is a search bar for just the documentation at the top right. Are you wanting a box specifically for filtering that table of contents?
      Unreal Engine Documentation
      Bored? Follow me! @ffejnosliw

Comment

A new bar precisely when I went to use it on the top right, I realized how useful a box would be that filtering that table of contents

Comment

How would you expect that to work? Highlight matching pages in the tree (and potentially hide non-matching results)? Change to a list instead of a tree and only show matching pages? Show matching results in an overlay below the text box?

Comment

thanks for asking

Well, I guess I'd prefer Change to a list instead of a tree and only show matching pages.

Comment

I found some free time so I added this feature. I ended up implementing it to filter the tree and highlight matching text, which is similar to how the context menu in a Blueprint graph works so it should be familiar:

Click image for larger versionName:	nav_filter.pngViews:	2Size:	128.0 KBID:	1653504

Comment

ouoo keep the tree is superbly, good work!

Comment

The new bar is super useful. For version 2.0 the search could be saved when you click on the link Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Wilson View Post
                    I found some free time so I added this feature. I ended up implementing it to filter the tree and highlight matching text, which is similar to how the context menu in a Blueprint graph works so it should be familiar:

Click image for larger versionName:	nav_filter.pngViews:	2Size:	128.0 KBID:	1653504
                    I just wanted to let you know, that if i type "c++", i dont get any results, though typing just "c+" still yields some result

Comment

• Jeff Wilson commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Odd, I’ll look into it. Thanks for pointing it out!
                  Working...
                  X