This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Why do you post docs that do not often explain settings? For example the Vehicle User Guide. You show us the tire settings area but do not explain or give a link to an explanation about the settings or how to use them? It seems obvious that there needs to be some explanation about a setting.

Leave a comment:

• commented on 's reply
    Hey Danimate! Thanks for pointing this out. I've made a ticket and I'll look into fixing this asap. Thanks again, and let us know if you spot anything else that looks off.

• replied
    On the Setting Up Android SDK and NDK article:
    https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...dio/index.html
    Under the Installing Android Studio subtitle, the text "Android Studio Archive" has a link to the image below and not to the actual Android Studio Archive download page:
    https://developer.android.com/studio/archive

Leave a comment:

• commented on 's reply
    Hey derrowap! Thanks for the feedback. I've made a ticket so we can look into the differences in these two pages. I'll post an update once I know more.

• replied
    The documentation for `FTimerManager::SetTimer` differs depending on which overloaded version you look at. I would expect each one to show the description of the parameters used, but that is not the case.

Leave a comment:

• commented on 's reply
    Hello again Ethninian. I just wanted to let you know that I updated those two images. You should see the changes once they're published in a few days. Thanks again!

• commented on 's reply
    Hey Ethninian! Thanks for pointing out that those pics need updating. I've made a ticket and I'll update those asap. Thanks again and let us know if you spot anything else that looks off.

• commented on 's reply
    Hey FriendlytTurtle! Thanks for reaching out to us. I've passed along your feedback on step-tracking (it doesn't sound like it's working as intended). I'll give you an update once I know more about that.

Also, thank for your feedback on getting started. It sounds like you're on the right track with what docs you're using to get going. That said, you might also want to check out the Unreal Online Learning page (https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/o...arning-courses). There are some great courses on there that talk through a bunch of topics.

I also hear your feedback about providing a clearer outline for newer users. We often try to balance having clear learning paths (i.e. tutorials, quick start guides, etc.) while also providing stand-alone pages folks can jump right into. A lot of users come to the docs site by searching a topic in their browser, so at times we prioritize single pages over multi-page guides. Either way, I wanted to let you know that we hear you, and that it’s something we continue to talk about.

Thanks again for the feedback. I hope my answers have helped. Please let us know if you have any other suggestions, or spot anything else that looks off!

• replied
    https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...art/index.html

Screenshots in:
    4. Importing Textures -> 1. Navigating to the 'QuickStartContent' folder

shows 0 items, should show 4 items

4. Importing Textures -> 7. A Save Content dialog box appears.

shows meshes, should show textures

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am going through the different Quick Starts and I noticed that if I say I completed step 1 through 4 on the level design for example, and then if I go to the Artist Quick Start section, it will say I have completed step 1 through four even though it's my first time on the page.

Also, I am new to Unreal and though there is a lot more documentation and examples than many other software out there, I feel a little bit lost as to what to do first. The Get Started with UE4 page is a good idea, but there's a starting out section with suggestions that leads to other parts of the documentation and then just below those suggestions, there are some explanations with other suggestions as to where to go in the documentation. And then I ask myself do I try to follow what's on this page or just follow the documentation menu on the left and go through every section one by one. I think it would be nice to have a clearer list for the newbies of all the things you should go through and in what order you should do them.

I make it sound like the current state of the documentation is really unclear and confusing, but it's really not that bad, I'm going still able to navigate through the documentation pretty well, I'm just not sure where to go next when I finish a section.

Leave a comment:

• commented on 's reply
    Hey Raz-O1! Thanks for reaching out. These forums are mostly meant for reporting feedback and open discussion. If you're looking for more info on developing for VR using UE, I'd suggest checking out our Developing for Unreal Engine VR page (https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...pVR/index.html).

Please let me know if there's anything else I can help with, or if you have any feedback for our docs site.

• replied
    this website is really not helpful specially for a new vr game creater it tells you nothing

Leave a comment:

• commented on 's reply
    Hey Saidmuzaffarkhon! I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble. I can't say for sure, but it looks like that repository was removed. Was the link you clicked on in an Unreal Engine doc? If so let me know which one and I'll be happy to take a look. Otherwise, for general help with locating and downloading items from GitHub, you might have better luck reaching out to them.

• replied
    Hello, what should Ido? When I try to download a repository from Github.com by Chaos Destruction, then I cliking on the link I see thr error 404. My Epic Games account and Github account are connected.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• commented on 's reply
    Hey apelofff! Thanks for pointing this out to us. I've passed your feedback along so we can take a closer look. I'll give you an update once I know more. In the meantime, please let us know if you spot anything else that looks off.
Working...
X