This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• commented on 's reply
    Hey MagicznaFlet6. I'm sorry to hear that's giving you trouble. I've passed this along to a colleague who's going to look into it. I'll try and provide an update once I have more info.

• commented on 's reply
    Hey JJGXX, good eye! Thanks for pointing this out to us. I've passed along a ticket with your feedback so we can look into updating that page. Please let us know if you spot anything else that looks off.

• replied
    I'm having some issues with the dark skin on firefox, I can set it in chrome on both my laptop and my PC, but I can't set it in firefox on neither my laptop nor my PC.
    Last edited by MagicznaFlet6; 10-23-2020, 04:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, thanks a lot for the documentation. Just a little observation, the second note of the page "Add a Collision Hull to a Static Mesh Using the Auto Convex Collision Tool" (https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...lls/index.html) shows the word collison instead of collision.

Leave a comment:

• commented on 's reply
    Hey LeRovel! Thanks for the kind words and detailed feedback. I've created a ticket for us to look into that page based on your comments. I'll pass this along to my team so we can look into it. In the meantime, please let us know if you spot anything else that looks off.

• replied
    Hi, thanks for the great content, I was doing a quickstart in C++ and I think there are some missing steps im the multiplayer quickstart: https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...art/index.html
    1. Final files are way different than creating a new project and going thru steps
    2. handle_fire_implementation in final file is called SpawnProjectile_Implementation and is not declared
    3. Going thru steps in projectile.h there is no step to add the classes UParticleSystem, UStaticMeshComponent, USphereComponent, UProjectileMovementComponent, UDamageType so it gets error, I found them in the final files only
    4. Going thru steps the Damage and DamageType part in projectile.h is missing so the final step does not build
    5. instigator cannot be called by other classes so I had to change calls to Intigator to GetInstigator();
    With those changes I was able to build the quickstart project.

I would also like to suggest things that maybe can help to improve at least my experience with the docs site:
    1. Have a better copy/paste styling with coloring and line number for code parts, in this specific doc character.cpp is cut in 2, a lot of the content is code, so having a good 'code to copy' component on the site is very important.
    2. It would be nice if the docs projects ican be cloned n github or somewhere else, have source control in the code projects for docs can help a lot, specially to see the working build to compare and engine version compatibility updates.
    3. Also have some way to suggest changes in docs/projects by users would increase the review / fix loop speed
    best,

Leave a comment:

• commented on 's reply
    Wow good eye! I'll fix that typo asap.

• replied

Leave a comment:

• commented on 's reply
    Hey MagicznaFlet6! Thanks for reaching out to us. I've made a ticket for us to look into that API doc. Please let us know if you spot anywhere else where we could improve the docs.

• replied
    Hi, on this page:
    https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...ing/index.html
    bPrintToConsole and TextColor share the same description. For TextColor it should be changed to something like "Color of the text displayed on the screen"

Leave a comment:

• commented on 's reply
    Hey SirBuntCuster! Thanks for pointing this out to us. I've taken a look, and yeah these videos don't look right. Let me reach out to the rest of the docs team to see what they think.

• replied
    Hi! On the following page the embedded videos seem to be broken, they've been tested on two Windows 10 machines, with chrome and firefox, but no luck

https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...ort/index.html

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• commented on 's reply
    Hey Jokerminator! Thanks for the kind words and for reaching out to us. As for the formatting issue, that's really strange. Could you help us out by providing a bit more info? Mainly I'm wondering: Does this happen on all pages or just one? Do you run into this with other browsers (also which version of Chrome are you running)? Could you attach any images or examples of the issue/error?

Again, we really appreciate your help!

• commented on 's reply
    Hey Eskel! Thanks for reaching out to us. I've made a ticket for us to look into these two pages. Please let us know if you spot anything else that looks off.

• replied
    New Docs look great! Thanks for the dark theme.

But when I open an image to enlarge it in these "lightboxes" and close the image the page's scrolling is completely blocked in Google Chrome. I can't use the mouse wheel or page up / down buttons anymore. The page is frozen.
    Only a reload of the page fixes this blocking error.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X