Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been linked to IWYU article written by Unreal devs and hosted on the website https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...WYU/index.html. But it seems out of date. I am only about 4 paragraphs in, but it tells me that IWYU is 'not enabled' by default and that I need to go into .Build.cs and set PCHUsage to PCHUSageMode.UseExplicitOrShared.

When I went into my new project, opened the Build.cs , the option was already there by default.

I am a noobie and this is confusing and seems like a waste of time reading outdated instructions... or rather, it leaves me unsure as to what information i find i can 'trust' to be correct
    Last edited by GoldenNuggsGames; 07-24-2019, 07:31 AM.

Comment

• Jim.Bradbury commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for reporting this issue! I will pass this along to the appropriate contact here at Epic Games.

On https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...ion/index.html, under the TArray header, is this code: ``` TArray<AActor*> ActorArray = GetActorArrayFromSomewhere(); // Tells how many elements (AActors) are currently stored in ActorArray. int32 ArraySize = ActorArray.Num(); // TArrays are 0-based (the first element will be at index 0) int32 Index = 0; // Attempts to retrieve an element at the given index TArray* FirstActor = ActorArray[Index]; ... ``` On the last line I've included, the type of `FirstActor` should be `AActor*`.

Comment

• Jim.Bradbury commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for reporting this issue! I will pass this along to the appropriate contact here at Epic Games.

• Ro-Su- commented
      Editing a comment
      Indeed! Fixed, thank you!

https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...sks/index.html

you describing PlayMontageAndWaitForEvent node. BUT thats not included in Gameplay Ability System by default its coming from ActionRPG customization.
    So why you talking about things not includet in distribution?

For example i want to hear about PlayMontageAndWait node and there is NO INFRO ABOUT IT.

Comment

• Jim.Bradbury commented
      Editing a comment

Hi,

On this documentation page: https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...ace/index.html
    It says that a delegate called OnSessionInviteAccepted will be called, but in the code base, I can only find OnSessionUserInviteAccepted. I suspect this documentation must be updated.

Thanks,
    Linus

Comment

• Jim.Bradbury commented
      Editing a comment

On the page "Using Ad Mob In-Game Ads on Android"

We are told to add
    Code:
    if (Target.Platform == UnrealTargetPlatform.Android)
    {
    ModuleNames.Add("OnlineSubsystemGooglePlay");
    ModuleNames.Add("OnlineSubsystem");
    ModuleNames.Add("AndroidAdvertising");
    }
    to the Target.cs file. This produces a error message at compile time for each of them:

"The name 'ModuleNames' does not exist in the current context"

UPDATE: I learned it is supposed to be ExtraModuleNames.Add... It works here now
    Last edited by Benedikt Örn; 07-28-2019, 07:27 PM.

Comment

• Jim.Bradbury commented
      Editing a comment

• Ro-Su- commented
      Editing a comment
      Fixed, thank you for the feedback!

on this page: https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...art/index.html

I followed all the instructions, and was given an error along the lines of "unable to find shader files"

However, looking at other plugins that include their own shaders, it seems a step was missed from the docs

Something along the lines of: (
    Code:
    void FFooModule::StartupModule()
    {
        // This code will execute after your module is loaded into memory; the exact timing is specified in the .uplugin file per-module
        FString PluginShaderDir = FPaths::Combine(IPluginManager::Get().FindPlugin(TEXT("Foo"))->GetBaseDir(), TEXT("Shaders"));
        AddShaderSourceDirectoryMapping(TEXT("/Plugin/Foo"), PluginShaderDir);

}
    Along with the relevant headers
    seems necessessary for UE4 to find the shaders
    See my PortalsBP on the marketplace
    Currently working on Wheelz2 and Zario

Comment

• Jim.Bradbury commented
      Editing a comment

In the "Class Specifiers" documentation (https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...ers/index.html), it is stated that `HideCategories` "Lists one or more categories that should be hidden in the Unreal Editor Property window for Objects of this class.".

Now, it would be awesome if it was only affecting Property Windows, but that's not how it works: it also makes the default values of the properties uneditable in the children and the functions not searchable in the graph - which is just plain horrible and renders this feature useless. Why would I want to hide a property category instead of setting the members to private? Probably most of us just want to hide the categories from the detail panels, as their default values of run-time variables make no sense.

Back on topic, is it a documentation error, or does it work incorrectly?
    LinkedIn, Engine Contributions
    Polars (WIP), Game Jam Projects
    Marketplace: Viewport Utilities, Blueprint Streams, Control Structures

Comment

• Jim.Bradbury commented
      Editing a comment

I found typo in this document.

https://docs.unrealengine.com/ja/Pro...ild/index.html

This is wrong.
    > BuildGraph-target="Make Installed Build [PLATFORM]" -script=Engine/Build/InstalledEngineBuild.xml -clean

may be.
    > BuildGraph -target="Make Installed Build [PLATFORM]" -script=Engine/Build/InstalledEngineBuild.xml -clean

Comment

• Jim.Bradbury commented
      Editing a comment

• Ro-Su- commented
      Editing a comment
      This should be fixed now. Thank you for reporting!

This page says the max apk file size to upload to Google Play is 50 MB. It is now 200 MB

https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...ize/index.html
    Last edited by Benedikt Örn; 08-01-2019, 03:46 AM. Reason: small clarification

Comment

• Jim.Bradbury commented
      Editing a comment

Browser: Microsoft Edge.

Comment

• Jim.Bradbury commented
      Editing a comment

Since many of us spend a lot a time reading Documentations. A dark mode would be really great. Thank you unreal developers for such fantastic job. I like the new Documentation. It's so much better.

Comment

• Jim.Bradbury commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the feedback!

• Jeff Wilson commented
      Editing a comment
      There is now a dark mode option. Just use the selector at the bottom of any page to choose the dark skin.

Comment

• Jim.Bradbury commented
      Editing a comment

• Ro-Su- commented
      Editing a comment
      Fixed, thank you!

Please tell me why you have the wrong sequence of items in your documentation tree. Because of this, the study of documentation becomes inconvenient, incomprehensible. How to fix?

Comment

• Jim.Bradbury commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the feedback! Could you clarify your comment a bit? What is wrong with the sequence? Are you looking for something more like a book that you read from front to back.

The sequence of items in the documentation tree seems illogical, for example.

Comment

• Jim.Bradbury commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for clarifying! I will pass this along to the appropriate contact here at Epic Games.

Thank you for such fantastic documentation.
    On the Objects page, there are documentation links to NewObject<>(), NewNamedObject<>(), and ConstructObject<>(). These links are broken.

https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...cts/index.html

Thanks
    Jasper
    Last edited by jasper.law; 08-12-2019, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X