Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why can't I scroll down or up in the unreal website? All the other tabs, I can go to the bottom or top of the page but unreal is not working, I press page up/down, arrow up/down. Nothing moves and I can't read the contents of the page.

Comment

• echo_four commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey cellostree, we're sorry to hear that this is giving you trouble. Would you mind providing us with some additional information? Is this happening on all pages on the UE Docs site? Also, would you mind letting us know what browser you're using?

Trying to look at any C++ documentation results in a 403 FORBIDDEN error message and bounces back to the documentation main page.

Click image for larger version

Name:	403.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	371.7 KB
ID:	1842629

Comment

• echo_four commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello again nullterm. Yeah this all seems to be related to the other issues you're experiencing. Thanks for your patience as we investigate these issues.

Well, have the same problem, as all of us do. Can confirm that problem exist on Components, Audio, Performance, Physics, PhysicsEngine blocks.Click image for larger version

Name:	temp.png
Views:	129
Size:	500.8 KB
ID:	1842712

Comment

• echo_four commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the additional information HooDead. I've added the sections you've tested to our list of pages that require investigation. Thanks for hanging in there while we work to get this fixed.

Having the same problem with UBoxComponent and a lot of other stuff. Been like this for a couple days now. it's getting pretty annoying. I'm going to see if there's a cached version around somewhere..

Comment

• echo_four commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey psylosimon, thanks for the heads up. I've added that page to the list of pages we need to look into. Thanks for hanging in there while we work to get this fixed.

I can't open the course "Blueprint for Enterprise" from this page. It seems it doesn't exist.

Comment

• echo_four commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey ZBS Mike, still having trouble? I was able to click that link and open all of the pages it links to. Maybe try refreshing your browser and taking another look. If you're still having trouble, please let us know so we can look into it.

I would love to see some build-time intervals for every build configuration stated here: https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...ons/index.html.

Background:
    I want to package executables the fastest way possible to quickly *playtest* (not debug game-code nor engine-code) my game in its packaged version and for that I would like to know which of the mentioned building configurations yield the quickest build times. Has someone perhaps already benchmarked this on the internal team?

Comment

• echo_four commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Zenahr_, that's a great question. Let me ask around a bit to see if I can get any guidance on what's fastest. If I hear anything useful I'll let you know and update that page accordingly.

On the glossary page, https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...ary/index.html, there appears to be an error in displaying the Blueprint Editor definition. I am seeing "[INCLUDE#Glossary_BlueprintEditor]" where I imagine a definition should appear.

Comment

• echo_four commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey BrightenTompkins, You're absolutely right. I'll take a look at that and fix it asap. Thanks for letting us know about this.

Sorry for newbie questions, but where do I find installation instructions for Mac OSX. I kind of followed the instructions for the windows, which seems to be the same process, but now when trying to launch I get a error message that unreal needs Xcode. Why? Does it need compiling? Is there mac installation package?

Comment

• echo_four commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey MasoudVarjavandi. I think you're on the right track. Our Hardware and Software Specifications article (https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...ons/index.html) doesn't mention Mac because Unreal Engine (UE) runs best on Windows machines. While I know it's possible to run UE on Macs, it can also cause some issues during production. Either way, let me reach out to the team to see what we can do to add some clarity about using UE on Macs.

You're making a help section for Virtual Cameras using an Unreal Remote2 app version that doesn't exist in the iOS AppStore, hence the help section is worthless and the expected result is unobtainable. Why is the app in the AppStore over a year old?

Comment

• echo_four commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Johannes_L! Thanks for reaching out to us. I've created a ticket so our team can look into this. I'll try and provide an update once I know more. In the meantime, please let us know if you have any additional questions or suggestions.

• echo_four commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello again Johannes_L! I've spoken with the rest of the team and I just wanted to give you a quick update. It sounds like an updated version of the app has been in the works for a while now. Unfortunately, the app has been delayed as the app review process has taken longer than anticipated. But fear not! An updated version of the app should be released in the near future. For more information on this topic, check out Ryan Mayeda's reply to this thread: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...0389/view.html. Thanks again for your patience as we work to update that app!

It's a small problem, but this guide in section "4.8, creating projectile, setting the mesh" uses

Code:
    StaticMesh->RelativeLocation = FVector(0.0f, 0.0f, -37.5f);
    StaticMesh->RelativeScale3D = FVector(0.75f, 0.75f, 0.75f);
    When in current engine version(4.26) it was replaced with setters:

Code:
    StaticMesh->SetRelativeLocation(FVector(0.0f, 0.0f, -37.5f));
    StaticMesh->SetRelativeScale3D(FVector(0.75f, 0.75f, 0.75f));
    Also, in section 5.4:

Code:
    Instigator->Controller
    instead of

Code:
    GetInstigator()->Controller
    Same about instigator in section 6.4 as well.
    Last edited by IrSoil; 12-23-2020, 11:16 AM.

Comment

• echo_four commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey IrSoil! Great eye. I've made a ticket so that we can look into this. In the meantime, please let us know if you spot anything else that looks off.

On this page : https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...art/index.html

There is an issue with the tutorial text overlaying pictures that are making the reading of the tutorial text very difficult. Specifically on bullet points 3 - Create a New level, and 4 - Placing Actors in a Level,

Comment

• echo_four commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Hawk_UK, thanks for reaching out to us. Would you mind attaching an example of what you're seeing? Also, could you give us some information about what browser you're using?

• echo_four commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello again Hawk_UK. After talking to the team, it appears that this is a known issue that we're continuing to investigate. The current workaround is to simple refresh the page, and that should fix the issue. Thanks again for reaching out to us and please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

On this pages:
    https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...LOD/index.html

At the bottom the following 3 lines of text are just text and don't link to anywhere.

Starting Out

Guides

Reference

Same issue with this page:

https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...wTo/index.html

except the text is.

Beginner

Intermediate

same issue with Firefox and Edge

Comment

• echo_four commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey 22TurnipsInHeat, thanks for letting us know about these pages. I've created a couple of tickets so we can look into fixing those headings. Please let us know if you spot any other pages that look off.

If I use ctrl-click on links to open in new tab, the target page opens up a page with a content bar expanded on the left. The content bar is not closeable; I have to ctrl-R reload the page to make it go away. This happens for about 90% of the links I click -- it's not actually 100%, which is even weirder!

Latest Chrome on Windows 10, using Ublock Origin (didn't try with it off.)

Name:	unreal-doc-site-control-click.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	134.1 KB
ID:	1846312
    Last edited by jwatte; 12-24-2020, 02:21 PM.

Comment

• echo_four commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey jwatte, thanks for letting us know about this. That's pretty weird. I'll pass your feedback along to the rest of the team to see what we can do about this.

It's the first time I'm reading the documentation and I spotted this error on the page linked below. There's a section related to the World and it's missing the image and the link by the end of the text description seems to be broken.

https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...ogy/index.html

Name:	Screenshot 2020-12-24 213950.png
Views:	72
Size:	336.3 KB
ID:	1846342

Comment

• echo_four commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Zignd, thanks for pointing this out to us. I've placed your feedback in a ticket and shared it with the team. We should hopefully have this fixed soon. In the meantime, please let us know if you spot any other issues like this.

Hi,

So many images files are missing from documentation and instead of the image embedded this kind of texte shows: ![](Shared\Icons\icon_SaveAsset_40x.png)

I don't know if EPIC is aware of this.

Comment

• echo_four commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey cosminil31, thanks for the heads up. We're aware of these issues and working to fix them. It's look like our recent table of contents reorganization broken some paths, and now we need to repair them. If you want to share any specific examples I'd be happy to look into them. Either way, thanks for your patience as we work to get these fixed.
Working...
X