Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi. Please check the style of the scroll bar, it is almost invisible...

Comment

• echo_four commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Vampairebad! Thanks for reaching out to us. I've passed your feedback along to the rest of the team so we can take a look. Please let us know if you spot anything else on the site, especially anything that might be difficult to view.

Is there any way to get the videos to load faster, or be available for download (offsite)?
    I travel, and spend a lot of time in countries that restrict internet access. Mostly from the US, so US based sites and mainly youTube get blocked, or funneled into a 64kps stream to check what is being watched.
    If there is a selection for non youtube hosting, or download, that would help a lot.
    Currently, I can watch 12 seconds of video, then wait 20-30 seconds for the next 12 seconds to load. Since it streams, it's not saving the earlier parts, so If I want to hear again, what I just heard, it will take 20-30 seconds to load that part again.
    You can imagine, this makes watching a video nonsensical.
    Even with a VPN, it's impossible to watch at higher definition.

This is not an issue with store purchases, or downloading content for the lessons. Just the videos.

thanks for any help in this.

Comment

• echo_four commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Hannibal Chang! Thanks for reaching out to us.

We've transitioned our video hosting from YouTube to Kaltura so that the videos embedded in our docs should be available to more users. That said, there currently is no way to download the videos for offline viewing. We've received request in the past to make the Docs content (and associated videos) available offline, and it's something we continue to explore. While we understand that this is something many users want, it's a difficult ask for us, and not one that we plan to deliver on in the near future.

Additionally, there aren't any settings on the site to make videos load faster. The only things I could think to recommend are likely things you've already tried. For example, make sure your browser is up to date, try a different browser, ensure your internet connection is stable, etc.

Thanks for the feedback and please let us know if you have any additional thoughts on how to improve the Docs site.

Hello,

I couldn't find any resources about UPhysicsHandleComponent on UE Documentation. When I clicked on its link "Unreal Engine 4 Documentation" page opens up, It's like an opening page for

Documentation or a tutorial page, we can say, and bottom of the page there is a link to UE C++ API Reference but I couldn't find anything in it either.

Please let me know what to do about it.
    Thanks

Comment

• echo_four commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey onracr! Thanks for letting us know about this. It looks like that link might've gotten broken or removed in our recent 4.26 ToC reorganization. I've passed your comments along so we can look into what happened to those pages. Thanks again and please let us know if you spot anything else that looks off.

The new documentation is TERRIBLE!!
    Noticing some horrible stuff in the animation system
    It's a disorganized mess even compared to the old one
    Links cant be clicked. Headers are misnamed
    Please revert it to the old system or provide an alternative link to the old one for people who are accustomed to it
    WTF are you guys doing?

Comment

• Jeff Wilson commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the feedback. With any large reorganization, there are bound to be some rough edges. I apologize you have run up against some of them. We are working diligently to fix up all of these and we do feel like the new organization is going to be better for everyone in the long run. Please continue to let us know when you have issues and we will do our best to fix them as quickly as possible.

想找到一个完整的docs.unrealengine.com/zh-CN/index.html虚幻文档下载,这样方便本地的查看以及学习

Comment

Hi. I am currently using the online subsystem for my game. For the CreateSession function it is noted in the docs that a delegate function is called when it is finished. However, this is not stated for the FindSessions function. This might be obvious for some, but first time looking at it makes it confusing.

To my real question: is there a way for normal users to submit some form of "pull-request" for the documentation? Sometimes, even important functions are completely undocumented, and you have to dig down in the source code. It would be nice if developers could contribute to your documentation, making it easier for the newbs

Comment

• echo_four commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Nooxet! Thanks for reaching out to us with that feedback. I've created a ticket so we can look into making those API pages more consistent.

As for documentation feedback, your best bet is to continue to post here on the forums. We are looking into improving our feedback system but for now you should continue using the forums. Feel free to make a new thread if you don't want to post in one of the existing threads.

Originally posted by rxj1233 View Post
      想找到一个完整的docs.unrealengine.com/zh-CN/index.html虚幻文档下载,这样方便本地的查看以及学习
      rxj1233您好,非常感谢您的反馈。目前我们暂不提供文档下载的服务,但我们会记录您的反馈并将其告知给文档团队,以供未来规划之用。很抱歉我们的回复不够及时,因此本版块主要供英语用户使用。如果您有更多更好的建议,我们建议您前往中文用户的专用论坛(https://forums.unrealengine.com/international/china)发布,以便我们及时答复,再次感谢。

Comment

Hi,
        in Niagara Quick Start > 3 - Edit the Module Settings > 3 (https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...modulesettings), the values in the screenshot do not match the values in the table below. The table seems to have the correct values.
        Best regards!

Comment

• echo_four commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey Lelefant! Thanks a ton for pointing this out to us. I've passed your feedback along to the rest of the team, and hopefully we can update that page asap. In the meantime, please let us know if you spot anything else that looks off.

Originally posted by Nooxet View Post
        Hi. I am currently using the online subsystem for my game. For the CreateSession function it is noted in the docs that a delegate function is called when it is finished. However, this is not stated for the FindSessions function. This might be obvious for some, but first time looking at it makes it confusing.

To my real question: is there a way for normal users to submit some form of "pull-request" for the documentation? Sometimes, even important functions are completely undocumented, and you have to dig down in the source code. It would be nice if developers could contribute to your documentation, making it easier for the newbs
        Thanks, Nooxet! The normal Git Pull request procedure should apply here, you'd just be submitting comments instead of the usual bug fixes or new features. Our API reference is generated based on code comments, so yours would be included the next time we update the API ref, which is typically once per major release.

As a side note, have you considered using Epic Online Services (EOS)? EOS is sort of "OSS 2.0", and it does a lot of really powerful stuff. In case you're interested, here's the top page, and the top-level documentation page for EOS. It also has its own API reference, samples, and thorough documentation.

You can find more information about contributing to the engine here: https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...eal/index.html

If you'd like to write snippets of sample code that we can use on specific API reference pages, instructions for that are here: https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...ets/index.html

And this page tells you how to get the latest engine code from Epic: https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...ets/index.html

Thanks again for your interest in our API reference!
        Last edited by Richard Hinckley; 12-09-2020, 02:45 PM.

Comment

SOS SOS me accidentally deleted viewport

Comment

• echo_four commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey catsuper12. We're sorry to hear you're having trouble. Was there a particular page on the UE Docs site that was giving you trouble? If so please let us know so we can look into it. Otherwise, you might have better luck posting your question to the UE Anders Hub (answers.unrealengine.com).

• echo_four commented
            Editing a comment
            Originally posted by Kris View Post
            Click on Windows -> Viewports -> Viewport 1.
            ​​​​​​​

The tutorials contain many errors. Quite annoying and not helpful.

Comment

• echo_four commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey marcpestana! I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble. Would you mind providing me with some examples?

Can't navigate to any documentation pages, they all show this broken splash page (notice the URL bar)

Click image for larger version

Name:	unknown.png
Views:	88
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	1841735

Comment

• echo_four commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey MrWish, thanks for reaching out to us. Are you able to refresh the page? This looks to happen if you click on a broken link. If you can let me know which link(s) you're using that are broken, I can add them to our list of things we need to address.

In this page code for automation spec is wrong: https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...pec/index.html

In Defining a Basic Expectation "CustomClass" isn;t initialized;

instead:

TSharedPtr<FMyCustomClass> CustomClass;
          should be:

TSharedPtr<FMyCustomClass> CustomClass = MakeShared<FMyCustomClass>();

Comment

• echo_four commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey tantal92. Thanks for pointing this out to us. I've created an internal ticket so we can look into fixing that page. Please let us know if you stumble upon any other code examples that look off.

I'm having the same issue as MrWish today. Example: I do a search for USkeletalMeshComponent, click one of the links, I'm right back to the main documentation page.

Comment

• Jeff Wilson commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry, this is a redirect for a different page taking effect in the wrong situation. We’ll get it fixed up as soon as possible.

I seem to not be able to search anything in documentation. The URL looks right but it just shows the home screen each time. This has been an ongoing issue for like a week or so and is getting frustrating trying to utilize it

Comment

• echo_four commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey Matthew.Douglas, thanks for reaching out to us. Can you confirm that this is happening for all pages, and not just API reference pages? We're experiencing some issues, and any additional information you can provide us with will help us pinpoint and resolve the issues. Thanks for your patience, and thanks in advance for any additional information that you can provide.
        Working...
        X