This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre...51#post1777651

Yes!) There are no any information at internet. Any video tutorials\ step-by-step guides will help. At source docs there are blank places about references and sources and setups=(

Comment

• echo_four commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello again Suicidadgi. Thanks for getting back to me and for clarifying. I've passed along your request for more info on that subject. I'll give an update if I hear anything. Please let us know if there's anything else that we could make clearer.

Can someone please fix the code the incorrect class naming on this page - https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...ion/index.html

There's a great post on AnswerHub detailing what is wrong - specifically ILayoutDetails.

Where is ILayoutDetails? - https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...3996/view.html

Seems like a quick fix that can save a lot of people of lot of head-scratching.

Thanks!

Comment

• echo_four commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey philboltt! Thanks for the feedback and for passing along that AH post. I already have plans to update that page, so I'll roll this request into that project. I'll hop on here and post an update once I've made more progress. Thanks again, and please let us know if you spot anything else that we could clear up.

https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...ion/index.html
    Code:
    APlayerController::AcknowledgePossession

Returns true if input should be frozen (whether UnFreeze timer is active)

virtual void AcknowledgePossession
    I guess it can't return anything?
    Last edited by S-ed; 06-24-2020, 06:12 PM.
    Twitter | MinimalUI UE4 Editor Theme
    Dark Themes for: Forum | AnswerHub | Everything else

Comment

• echo_four commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey S-ed! Thanks for reaching out to us. Let me ask around to see what we can do about updating this page.

While switching between tabs on chrome for android, the text started to behave weirdly, and sometimes froze. Seems connected to the auto save feature.

- - -

//docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/Engine/Animation/LiveLinkPlugin/LiveLinkBlueprintComponent/index.html

III noticed that "Subject Data" is deprecated, and that "Evaluate Live Link Frame" node is suggested as replacement. (See picture 7)

https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...ata/index.html

I would also be thankful for a link for how to use "flags"(see bottom).

Further documentation on packaging with live link would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Comment

• echo_four commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey apelofff! Thanks for pointing this out to us. I've passed your feedback along so we can take a closer look. I'll give you an update once I know more. In the meantime, please let us know if you spot anything else that looks off.

Hello, what should Ido? When I try to download a repository from Github.com by Chaos Destruction, then I cliking on the link I see thr error 404. My Epic Games account and Github account are connected.
    Attached Files

Comment

• echo_four commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Saidmuzaffarkhon! I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble. I can't say for sure, but it looks like that repository was removed. Was the link you clicked on in an Unreal Engine doc? If so let me know which one and I'll be happy to take a look. Otherwise, for general help with locating and downloading items from GitHub, you might have better luck reaching out to them.

this website is really not helpful specially for a new vr game creater it tells you nothing

Comment

• echo_four commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Raz-O1! Thanks for reaching out. These forums are mostly meant for reporting feedback and open discussion. If you're looking for more info on developing for VR using UE, I'd suggest checking out our Developing for Unreal Engine VR page (https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...pVR/index.html).

Please let me know if there's anything else I can help with, or if you have any feedback for our docs site.

I am going through the different Quick Starts and I noticed that if I say I completed step 1 through 4 on the level design for example, and then if I go to the Artist Quick Start section, it will say I have completed step 1 through four even though it's my first time on the page.

Also, I am new to Unreal and though there is a lot more documentation and examples than many other software out there, I feel a little bit lost as to what to do first. The Get Started with UE4 page is a good idea, but there's a starting out section with suggestions that leads to other parts of the documentation and then just below those suggestions, there are some explanations with other suggestions as to where to go in the documentation. And then I ask myself do I try to follow what's on this page or just follow the documentation menu on the left and go through every section one by one. I think it would be nice to have a clearer list for the newbies of all the things you should go through and in what order you should do them.

I make it sound like the current state of the documentation is really unclear and confusing, but it's really not that bad, I'm going still able to navigate through the documentation pretty well, I'm just not sure where to go next when I finish a section.

Comment

• echo_four commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey FriendlytTurtle! Thanks for reaching out to us. I've passed along your feedback on step-tracking (it doesn't sound like it's working as intended). I'll give you an update once I know more about that.

Also, thank for your feedback on getting started. It sounds like you're on the right track with what docs you're using to get going. That said, you might also want to check out the Unreal Online Learning page (https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/o...arning-courses). There are some great courses on there that talk through a bunch of topics.

I also hear your feedback about providing a clearer outline for newer users. We often try to balance having clear learning paths (i.e. tutorials, quick start guides, etc.) while also providing stand-alone pages folks can jump right into. A lot of users come to the docs site by searching a topic in their browser, so at times we prioritize single pages over multi-page guides. Either way, I wanted to let you know that we hear you, and that it’s something we continue to talk about.

Thanks again for the feedback. I hope my answers have helped. Please let us know if you have any other suggestions, or spot anything else that looks off!

https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...art/index.html

Screenshots in:
    4. Importing Textures -> 1. Navigating to the 'QuickStartContent' folder

shows 0 items, should show 4 items

4. Importing Textures -> 7. A Save Content dialog box appears.

shows meshes, should show textures

Comment

• echo_four commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Ethninian! Thanks for pointing out that those pics need updating. I've made a ticket and I'll update those asap. Thanks again and let us know if you spot anything else that looks off.

• echo_four commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello again Ethninian. I just wanted to let you know that I updated those two images. You should see the changes once they're published in a few days. Thanks again!

The documentation for `FTimerManager::SetTimer` differs depending on which overloaded version you look at. I would expect each one to show the description of the parameters used, but that is not the case.

Comment

• echo_four commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey derrowap! Thanks for the feedback. I've made a ticket so we can look into the differences in these two pages. I'll post an update once I know more.

On the Setting Up Android SDK and NDK article:
    https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...dio/index.html
    Under the Installing Android Studio subtitle, the text "Android Studio Archive" has a link to the image below and not to the actual Android Studio Archive download page:
    https://developer.android.com/studio/archive

Comment

• echo_four commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Danimate! Thanks for pointing this out. I've made a ticket and I'll look into fixing this asap. Thanks again, and let us know if you spot anything else that looks off.

The page layout is a mess at startup. Pictures are displayed over others, the texts and titles are mixing, the only way to put everything in order is to change the skin color

Comment

• echo_four commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Jedosaiem! I'm sorry to hear the site's giving you trouble. I'd love to get some more info from you to help us as we look into this. Does this only happen to you on mobile or using a certain browser? Does it only happen on certain pages?

the Event Based UI page is a little ambiguous for newcomers. In Example 3 there is an image with the function 'SetPercent' but there isn't really anywhere that explains where that function is created, or where it is bound. It may be suck eggs for anyone who has been using the engine for a while but I think the content on this page can be fleshed out a bit, and links provided to other documentation pages for concepts mentioned, like event dispatchers, custom events and blueprint functions.

Comment

• echo_four commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey ABrookesy! Thanks for the feedback. It looks like that page hasn't been touched in a while, so it could really use a fresh coat of paint. Anyway, I've made a ticket for us to look into it and get it updated. Thanks again, and let us know if you spot anything else that look off.

• echo_four commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello again ABrookesy. I added a note to that page to try and make it a little clearer. The update should be published within a couple days. Other then that I'll make a note to try and draft a more comprehensive rework of that page. Thanks again!

Why do you post docs that do not often explain settings? For example the Vehicle User Guide. You show us the tire settings area but do not explain or give a link to an explanation about the settings or how to use them? It seems obvious that there needs to be some explanation about a setting.

Comment

• echo_four commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Joaobrasil65! Thanks for the feedback. I've made a ticket so that we can look into adding more detail on these (and similar) settings.

I can also speak a bit as to why we sometimes don't get into more detail. UE is a vast, robust, piece of software with a near-infinite degree of customization. Because of this, there's a whole lot of stuff that we could document on the docs site. We sometimes decide to forgo getting into more detail on certain advanced subjects, so that we can focus on more beginner/intermediate ones. While I can't be 100% sure that's what happened on this page (we also might have just forgotten!) it might help explain why sometimes stuff is missing.

Whatever the reason, we really do appreciate it when the community points out areas that could use more detail.

Thanks again for reaching out to us, and I hope my insight helps. Please let us know if you spot anywhere else where it'd be helpful to add more detail.

The Page of "Unreal Engine 4 Documentation > Programming Guide > Unreal Architecture > Unreal Smart Pointer Library > Shared Pointers" in Chinese version is missing.
    EN: Click image for larger version

Name:	en.png
Views:	61
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	1787624

Chinese: Click image for larger version

Name:	en.png
Views:	59
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	1787623
    Attached Files

Comment

• echo_four commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey 午夜前的灰姑娘! Thanks for reaching out to us. I've passed your feedback along to my colleagues so they can look into it. I'll let you know once they've gotten back to me. Please let us know if you spot anything else that looks off.

• echo_four commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello again 午夜前的灰姑娘! I just wanted to let you know that we identified the error and fixed it. You should see the changes once they're published in a few days.

There's a duplicate of one list of sub-topics in Samples and Tutorials. It's Engine Feature Examples, using Firefox 78.0.2.
    duplicate listing of Engine Feature Examples in the side nav

The duplicate is gone now, in Firefox 79.0. Thanks for the correction.
    Last edited by presto423; 08-04-2020, 10:39 AM.

Comment

• echo_four commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey presto423! There sure is (I'm seeing the same thing in Chrome). Thanks for pointing this out. I've passed this along so we can take a closer look. Please let us know if you spot anything else that looks off.
Working...
X