Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone please add how manifest file is used, how someone can update/patch map after DLC been done. Doc is poor and would save months if someone can improve. https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...des/index.html .

Comment

• echo_four commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey vkumar99! Thanks for reaching out to us. I've created a ticket to see what we can do to get this doc updated. Please let us know if you spot anything else that you think could use some work.

Originally posted by LeoH3020 View Post
    Please show complete workflow. For example, Niagara documents show how to create a particle, but does not show how to actually use it. I created a particle in 1 minute, then spent an hour looking for a way to spawn a simple Niagara particle in my scene. This is a recurring problem as well, the documents show how to create things, but often fails to show the implementations.
    Can you be a bit more specific? Which particle effect were you trying to create? What kinds of implementations are you asking us to demonstrate? I have definitely heard from users that they would like to see specific examples for multiple industries, such as Arch-Vis and Virtual Production. Unfortunately, the docs team generally feels that more generic tutorials are better for a broad audience. For the 4.25 release, I did restructure all of our How-Tos to include a lot more explanation of what the modules and settings actually do, because that was missing in previous versions of our How-Tos. I've also suggested that we include a "How Can I Use This" section at the end of each tutorial, which gives examples of how the effect can be used in various industries beyond video games.

If you can give me more specific examples of what tutorial you were using, what you felt was missing, and what you would like to see included moving forward--I'll have a better understanding of your issue and can bring this back to the docs team. The Niagara section of docs was barely a skeleton back in 2018 when I started working on it. I've done my best to fill it out and improve it, but I realize there is a lot more to be done. Your feedback could be very valuable in guiding our development of the Niagara section moving forward.

Comment

vkumar99 said: "anyone please add how manifest file is used, how someone can update/patch map after DLC been done. Doc is poor and would save months if someone can improve. https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...des/index.html ."

Hi there! Thanks for pointing this out. I can tell you that we are aware that the Patching and DLC documentation is very incomplete, and we've been trying to get that fixed for some time now. We have a team member who is working on cleaning up the Mobile docs, and he has also written some stuff about Mobile DLC, so I think he is going to add the Patching and DLC initiative in his list of projects. I will definitely tag him on the ticket that echo_four creates, to surface this to someone who has a shot at fixing it sooner rather than later. Thanks again!

Comment

In the Supported Rendering Features page, the sidebar 'table of contents' and the when opened, the new Feedback pop-open, both cover over the last column of the page's features table. Only one row near the bottom of the page is visible when scrolling. This is in Firefox 76.0.1, though it's most likely in other browsers too. It may be because the screen I'm viewing on is not FHD, but it's still important to ensure it's viewable on different screen sizes, even lower resolution ones.
        Popup covers the last column in the Supported Rendering Features table.
        The list for the different sections of the table (emerging from the right side) stays in the same area scrolling down the page, so it covers most of the last column (Forward Shading). The lowest row is visible sometimes due to scrolling a certain number of lines with the mouse wheel.

Last edited by presto423; 06-05-2020, 12:56 PM. Reason: attach screenshot of issue

Comment

• echo_four commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey presto423! Thanks for reaching out to us. Do you have this issue using any other browsers (I just opened the page using Chrome and it looked OK)? If possible, I'd love to see a screenshot of an example (if you have one).

I did not notice but what I did notice is that the scroller doesn't show on most pages also arrows are gone. But I actaulay wanted to ask if there is a PDF File or some file I can download for all Blueprint API Codes and all the inputs and output colors what they are used for. Because I am sitting now for 2 weeks and I am not finished copying all those codes into a word document. We have internet issues at moment and also we still pay for capped. would be much easier for me to have all the codes handy in a document and also if we could have help on all node function uses. I am dumb with object references and asset date registries and all that that I don't understand. thanks

Comment

• echo_four commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey NeoKaan! Unfortunately we don't offer a PDF export of the Blueprint API Codes at this time. That said, I'm going to pass your feedback along to the team to see what we can do to offer this and other resources for download in the future.

There is an bug in AR example project.

When I tested 'HandheldARBlankMap' example
        following this 'https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/Platforms/AR/HandheldAR/ARQuickStart/index.html'
        I had a problem.

reason of problem was 'project name'
        I think that the developer who made sample AR codes, made a some codes which including project name 'ARProject'
        Because of this reason, AR sample project name should be 'ARProject' for now.
        If not, app will not work on mobile phone.

Comment

• echo_four commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey sg7! Thanks for reaching out to us. I've passed this along, and we'll see what we can do about updating the project name. Please let us know if you spot anything else you think we could improve.

Tutorial page is fully white it hurts my eyes

Comment

Hello,
        in this page: https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...art/index.html
        the section where it shows this text: The Create Blueprint from Selection dialog box appears. We are going to edit the default path of the blueprint.
        does not show the image and instead show this: ![](CreateBPFromSelection.png)(w:500)

thanks!

Comment

• echo_four commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey LordPosix! Thanks for pointing this out to us. I'll pass this along so we can look into fixing that image. Let us know if you spot anything else we should look into.

• echo_four commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey LordPosix. I just wanted to follow up and let you know we've fixed that image. You should see the change in a few days when it's published. Thanks again!

https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...art/index.html
        The 4.24 version supported new material expression landscape layer weight with new Const Base node
        In tutorial this feature was skipped when changed, what is it and how it works?
        ue excellent but made by humans..

Comment

I might be missing something here but I can't find the instructions on how to use engine events in c++. There are some examples that are no longer present in the documentation page. For example, here is a video that shows the example for OnComponentBeginOverlap (https://youtu.be/0ZvAnUTodfI?t=262) but when i go to that page, it only has the remarks and no example. Have the code examples for engine functions/events moved elsewhere?

Thanks

Comment

• echo_four commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey kamhh_94! Thanks for reaching out to us. I see what you're talking about (that it looks like at one time that page included examples, and now they're gone). I'm going to ask around to see what changed there. I do know that since that's an API reference page, the info for that pages is automatically populated from a database. Either way, I'll look into it and see what I can find.

Originally posted by KGB1st View Post
          https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...art/index.html
          The 4.24 version supported new material expression landscape layer weight with new Const Base node
          In tutorial this feature was skipped when changed, what is it and how it works?
          Hey KGB1st! Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm unsure about a "Const Base" node, but according to the Landscape Materials doc Const Base is a node property that can be used to "...specify a base color that you would like for your Landscape to have." Please let me know if I'm misunderstanding you, or if there's something else I can help with.

Comment

Anybody know how to make avatar creator?I try a lot of way but still can not do it.

Comment

• echo_four commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey PlzSayNothing! Thanks for reaching out to us. Do you mean how to setup an avatar creation system within UE4?

maybe it's a small thing but I had a big trouble figuring it out.

Under "Set Actor Label" in the Documentation page, Please state that the parent class must be "Editor Utility Actor".
            I made a regular actor blueprint to use this node, yet it didn't exist anywhere in the graph editor no matter what i did.

Comment

• echo_four commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey Dennisimus! Thanks for reaching out to us. I'll pass your feedback along so we can look into updating that page. Please let us know if you spot anything else that could be clearer.

Concerning this page: https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...ion/index.html

Non-UObject References

Normal C++ objects (not derived from UObject) can also have the ability to add a reference to an object and prevent garbage collection. To do that, your object must derive from FGCObjectand override its AddReferencedObjects class.

>>> I think that what was meant here was:
            To do that, your object must derive from FGCObject and override its AddReferencedObjects method.

Comment

• echo_four commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey TAKA2! Thanks for pointing this out. I've passed this along so the Docs team can take a closer look.

• echo_four commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey TAKA2. I just wanted to follow-up and let you know I've updated that page. You should see the change when it's published in a few days. Thanks again!

Concerning the grass tool here https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...art/index.html

On step 5.3 applying the material doesn't work some step must be missing. I've followed this tutorial and watched a video too. Clicking the arrow to apply does nothing so im stuck now

Comment

• echo_four commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey dperrone! I'm sorry to hear that's giving you trouble. I've made a ticket to look into this. I'll update you once I know more/have edited that page.

• echo_four commented
              Editing a comment
              Hello again dperrone. I just wanted to let you know we're wrapping up some updates to that page soon (thse updates include changes based on your feedback). You should see the changes in a few days once we've published them. Thanks again, and please let us know if you spot anything else that looks off!
          Working...
          X