This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Itairozen View Post
    I can't see some of the documentation, I tried to look for a solution online but I can't seem to find even the topic as it is always shadowed by my search words
    I have the exact same issue. The site seems to work on a different computer running Opera, but here on Chrome with no addons it's totally borken exactly like your picture.
    There is that arrow on the left of the broken sidebar, but clicking it causes the arrow to disappear while the sidebar remains.

Comment

• echo_four commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey sonictimm. Thanks for letting me know. I passed your comments along with Itairozen's. Let me know if you find anything else we can look into.

ok
    Originally posted by Itairozen View Post
    I can't see some of the documentation, I tried to look for a solution online but I can't seem to find even the topic as it is always shadowed by my search words

many of the pages looks like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	docs-problem.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	1748600

Ok I seriously don't find how to comment to your comment echo_four so I wrote my answer here.

For example this page also don't work for me https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/BlueprintAPI/Math/Color/index.html and there is a few more here and there.
    scaling down and refreshing works but it's not ideal as it is small and not comfortable to read

thanks

Comment

• echo_four commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Itairozen! Thanks for the additional info (and yeah, I think commenting is a forum admin privilege). I'm glad to hear resizing helps, but I also understand that isn't ideal. I appreciate you hanging in there while we look and I'll update this thread when I know more.

It appears I have a similar issue. I am unable to read the pages at the default settings. When I zoom larger, the text goes off the page to the right and I found many items overlapping at any scale.
    I am using build version 75 of Firefox. The pages I have the most problems with is the first tutorial on how to use the Unreal Engine and create my first C++ demo/game.
    Even with a 43 inch monitor right in front of me, the fonts are way too small to read.

Comment

• echo_four commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey JamieR57! Thanks for letting us know. Yeah, sounds like a few people are having some formatting issues. I'm passing these comments along so that we can take a closer look. In the meantime, I'd try looking at the pages on another browser (like Chrome) if possible to see if that helps. While the site should work equally well on most browsers, it might help for now to switch it up.

If anyone at epic follows this thread, currently all doc pages are trashed on mobile.
    Literally white pages covered by a menu slider that won't go away.
    Attached Files

Comment

• echo_four commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey MostHost LA! Thanks for reaching out to us. I'll pass this along so we can look into it. Let me know if this is happening with one page/browser in particular.

echo_four This is probably an issue everywhere, here is a screenshot of the render from Firefox web view.
    https://gyazo.com/8c5dfe21e901aeba38fedacff9b39a42

It's just a bad implementation / something that was overlooked.

Comment

• Jeff Wilson commented
      Editing a comment
      This issue should be fixed. Please let me know if you continue to experience it.

The Player Input and Pawns tutorial seems to have some code errors in it.

this section:
    Code:

UCameraComponent* OurCamera = CreateDefaultSubobject<UCameraComponent>(TEXT("OurCamera"));
    The UCameraComponent class doesn't seem to be provided by the includes that come with a 'basic code project'. Perhaps the preamble needs to be more specific as to what type of template to use to follow the tutorial. I resolved the issue by adding:

Code:
    #include "Camera/CameraComponent.h"

Comment

• echo_four commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey flowb! Thanks for pointing this out. I've passed this along so we can take a closer look. Please let us know if you spot anything else you think we should look into.

Just to let you know and respect:

https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...ing/index.html

Debugging works with Ubuntu 19.10, UE4 4.24.2 and actual Android-Studio.

Comment

• echo_four commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey n.ehrhardt-de! Thanks for pointing this out. I've passed this along so we can look into improving that page. Thanks again and let us know if you spot anything you think we should look into.

Can you please make the action button do something more useful than link to this thread? Like reporting an issue on the documentation page, to help to improve?
    I'm often finding things that need clarification and don't know where to report them.

Comment

• echo_four commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Eskel! Thanks for reaching out to us. I'll pass your recommendation along to see what we can do about making the action button more helpful. However for now, this thread is the best place to report feedback and point out issues with UE docs. Please let us know if you have any specific concerns.

Basic thing like web page skin selection doesn't work. Will it be working?

Comment

• echo_four commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Videlecc! I just tested this and the skin selection wasn't working for me either. I've passed this along so we can take a closer look. Unfortunately, I don't have an ETA on it getting fixed at this time. Was there anything else you noticed that seemed out of order?

• echo_four commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Videlecc! I just heard this should be fixed now. Thanks again for letting us know!

I'm following the EQS quickstart guide
    https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...art/index.html

And think I found a few errors.
    7 - AI Controller Setup / step 9.

it says, For UpdateSightKey, add an Actor input called TargetActor.

I'm sure it was meant to say
    UpdateTargetKey.

Also. step 11. says
    When the AIStimulus does not successfully sense the Actor who has the tag of Player
    I'm sure the author meant to say AIPerception as that's what is sensing the AIstimuli.

Hope this helps
    http://www.unrealengine.com/marketpl...rtual-grenades
    https://www.artstation.com/alphawolf
    https://www.youtube.com/user/AlphaWoIFuk/videos

Comment

• echo_four commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey AlphaWolF! Thanks for pointing these out to us. I've passed your comments along so we can take a closer look. Please let us know if you spot anything else we might want to look into.

• echo_four commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello again AlphaWolF! I'm sorry it took a bit to get back to you, but I made the recommended changes to that doc. You should see the changes when they go live in a few days. Thanks again!

@echo_four Thanks but I'm finding 'concerns' almost daily and I feel like it should be handled in contextual manner, not one issue over another in a giant general thread.
    Sometimes it's little things like typos and such, sometimes key information is missing. If you want to offload some work to the community, maybe it should be a wiki. On the other side of the spectrum would be a ticket based support system. I would welcome either, the best would be having both.

Comment

• echo_four commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Eskel. Thanks for your suggestions. Until recently we had a UE4 wiki, but unfortunately it had to be disabled (read more here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre...al-engine-wiki). We're currently working to migrate information from the wiki to the documentation site.

As for tickets, we actually have an internal ticketing system we use to triage and track documentation work. While I understand your request for more transparency into concerns raised on this forum, please understand that the team is juggling these request with many others (including article improvements for the upcoming release of UE 4.25). Rest assured after you've raised a concern, I'll do my best to let you know if there're any meaningful updates.

In the meantime, please let us know if you spot any other issues with the documentation. We really do appreciate your help and keeping things updated. I'll try and resolve simple edits (like typos or spelling errors) promptly and pass along more substantial feedback to the rest of the UE documentation team.

When switching to the light version on chrome browser. The drop down for the light and dark version loads the drop down but you are unable to scroll down to see the options (when in the light version of the page)
    When in the dark version, you can see them both. Now I am in the light version and stuck on it.

Comment

• echo_four commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey TheBakaNeko! Thanks for pointing this out to us. I'm sorry to hear this is giving you trouble. I've passed this along so we can take a closer look. I'll let you know if I figure out a workaround.

• echo_four commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey TheBakaNeko! This should be fixed now. Thanks for hanging in there while we fixed this. Please let us know if you spot anything else that looks off.

If we find a mistake in the docs, how can we help fix it? Github PR?

Comment

• echo_four commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey manyatoms! You can feel free to post any mistakes you spot on these forums (and in this thread if you'd like). Once you point something out to us we'll ticket it and take a look as soon as we can. Thanks for wanting to improve the docs. Please let me know if there's anything specific you'd like us to look into!

The tutorial for ''Creating a Pause Menu'' https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...enu/index.html

There is missing information on what type of variable is it because I can't connect the default type variable to the nodes that are shown on the picture.

Comment

I can't find in PYTHON documentation - how to configure the following fields for unreal.MovieSceneSequence:
      View Range Start Time and View Range End Time

Click image for larger version  Name:	UE-how-to-view-range.png Views:	0 Size:	139.9 KB ID:	1755033

I used the following commands:

Code:
      set_playback_start(start_frame) set_playback_end(end_frame) set_playback_start_seconds(start_time) set_playback_end_seconds(end_time) set_view_range_start(start_time_in_seconds) set_view_range_end(end_time_in_seconds) set_work_range_start(start_time_in_seconds) set_work_range_end(end_time_in_seconds)
      but none of them set these fields, which are indicated by red arrows.
      How can I find the desired instruction?

Last edited by manfredima; 05-04-2020, 11:20 AM.

Comment

• echo_four commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey manfredima! Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm looking into this. Hang tight and I'll get back to you when I have more info.

• echo_four commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello again manfredima! After looking into this I found that you're doing the right thing. The numbers you want to change are controlled by "set_view_range_start()" and "set_view_range_end()" respectively. That said, there looks to be a bug that is preventing the UI from updating right away. I've passed this along so we can look into that bug. In the meantime, closing and reopening the Level Sequencer should fix this.
    Working...
    X