X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeff Wilson commented
    06-02-2019, 01:23 AM

That’s really strange. What is the URL in the address bar when you get that error? I’m curious what parameters are being sent.

This: https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/b...d=enum&x=0&y=0
    I'm on Windows 10 Microsoft Edge.

Comment

• Jeff Wilson commented
      Editing a comment
      What page did you search from?

Jeff Wilson commented
    06-02-2019, 05:19 PM

What page did you search from?

https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/index.html
    I get this address starting from this forums page, clicking on the Learn tab at the top of the screen, and selecting Documentation. Is there another way there, or another URL? Oh never mind, now that I see it, just above the Search Documentation bar, there is a magnifying glass icon near my username which if I click opens a search area where I can type. That it working with search results provided by Bing with a bunch of references to answers and docs from unreal engine.com. Here is my search result link for the working search: https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/b...rd=foreachloop. It seems I can filter here by selecting the appropriate link, but the auto-filter from the non-working url I gave is not working or pulling correctly. Thanks for the assist.

Comment

• Jeff Wilson commented
      Editing a comment
      I can reproduce this on Edge. I will mention it to our online team and see if they can get it taken care of. The search in the header should be working as you found, so you can hopefully get by with that in the meantime. Sorry for the inconvenience.

The new docs site seems to barely work for me on either Firefox, chrome, Safari, pc or Mac or mobile. Many of the pages I click on redirect to the docs landing page, and most of the content flickers and is unusable. Any ETA on when these problems will be addressed Epic staff?

Comment

• Jeff Wilson commented
      Editing a comment
      The pages redirecting to the home page should be solved in the next day or two for all pages. The flickering content isn't something we are seeing or able to reproduce here. If you look in the developer tools for the browser (usually F12), do you see errors in the console?

Add more c++ examples in the API, please.
    Igor, swamper, sole proprietorship

Comment

• Jim.Bradbury commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for reporting this issue! I will pass this along to the appropriate contact here at Epic Games.

In https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...nts/index.html section Unregister Events, there is a small typo, it says "OnUnegister" instead of "OnUnregister"

Comment

• Jim.Bradbury commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for reporting this issue! I will pass this along to the appropriate contact here at Epic Games.

• Ro-Su- commented
      Editing a comment
      Fixed, thanks!

I've been attempting to access the "Scripting The Editor Using Python" documentation page the last few days but have been unable to due to a redirect error.

Comment

The page for "advanced search syntax" just brings me to the home documentation page. It appears that this page should still be available because I can find it via the search box.
    Steve Biegun
    Virtual Design Manager

Comment

this is about setting up Visual Studio to work with Unreal.

There's a separate doc named as UnrealVS extension which is introduced in Visual Studio setting up doc.
    (https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...tup/index.html))
    However, it introduces UnrealVS, but it doesn' include a hyperlink. Why not embed a hyperlink which leads to UnrealVS set up doc? It looks undone without a hyperlink. The reader who visits this website

Comment

• Jim.Bradbury commented
      Editing a comment

In https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...lay/index.html, section Module Creation. I believe there is a typo in:
    [GameName]\Source[ModuleName]\Public
    which should be:
    [GameName]\Source\[ModuleName]\Public
    I believe so because there appears later its analog as:
    [GameName] \Source\ [ModuleName]\Private
    Therefore, it seems that either there is a missing `\` in the first one, or an extra one in the second one.

Comment

• Jim.Bradbury commented
      Editing a comment

I have some questions about Revit files and Datasmith. I converted some files from Revit to Datasmith but some of them has a low FPS and when I visualized in VR it is nota well job. How do I fix this?

Comment

Hello just a suggestion about the heightmap documentation: https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...tmapdimensions

I am trying to determine how to correctly set the scale for an imported heightmap, but the documentation doesn't seem to make any mention of how to do this. The scale settings work for manipulating the heightmap after importing, but I'm trying to import it with the correct scale.

Comment

• Jim.Bradbury commented
      Editing a comment

QuickStartSampleAssets.zip is missing from the Artist Quick Start tutorial.

Comment

• Jim.Bradbury commented
      Editing a comment

• Ro-Su- commented
      Editing a comment
      Should be fixed now. Thanks for the feedback!

The feedback button at the bottom brings us here.
    That's cool too, but I was expecting a simple form filed where to type in a message relating to feedback about the inaccuracies within the documentation, not a forum post talking about the update...

Comment

Originally posted by MostHost LA View Post
      The feedback button at the bottom brings us here.
      That's cool too, but I was expecting a simple form filed where to type in a message relating to feedback about the inaccuracies within the documentation, not a forum post talking about the update...
      That's the plan in the long-term. However, this was a short-term option to make it easier for people to leave feedback more quickly than navigating the forums.

For the moment, we are pointing to this post about all the recent changes to the documentation site, but later we may change the feedback button to point to a more dedicated post. For the time being, since we know there are more issues with our recent migration to this site (ie. redirects or pages not showing), this post has been very helpful in identifying those types of issues.

Thanks for your patience and know that we certainly want an easier way for our customers to report issues from the documentation site without having to post here in the forums.

Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
      UE4 Documentation

Comment

1) The link to this important document about Input handling is hidden.
        There is no way to discover this page with documentations' table of contents.

2) The "Programming Guide" section has two "Unreal Architecture" branches, which is confusing.

3) On some pages the table of contents frame on the left not scrolling.

Comment

Working...
        X