Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i've been looking at the documentation.. i have some feedback to share.. "datasmith" lota detail in there.. but it fail to show how for NEW user to install/enable datasmith in plugin... after new user download unreal launcher... installed/launch unreal editor.. datasmith is not enable by default..

i dont find any "howto" in the document.... unreal Editor Manual > Managing Content > importing Content > Unreal Datasmith ...
    in the "Getting Started" should have a guide to enable it or have the instruction to enable in "Datasmith Overview"

Comment

Hello! I have met some questions when lined my account to github.In linking page,I always can not receive the conform email.Please help me to learn the source codes.Thanks

Comment

What/Where is SHOW > ANDVANCED ????
        how to find it ?

https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...***/index.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	11.PNG
Views:	123
Size:	246.3 KB
ID:	1730592

Comment

Docs are completely broken on Firefox now.

Name:	screenshot.1584023790.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	400.2 KB
ID:	1732007
          Twitter | MinimalUI UE4 Editor Theme
          Dark Themes for: Forum | AnswerHub | Everything else

Comment

• Jeff Wilson commented
            Editing a comment
            It is a known issue that I am fixing as we speak. Something went wrong with the latest upload. It will be working again shortly (hopefully).

• Jeff Wilson commented
            Editing a comment
            It appears to be back to normal on Firefox now. If you notice any other issues, please let me know.

Thanks!

Hello,
          The documentation currently states that this function -> GetNotifyName_Implementation is only available in AnimNotify_PlaySound. But it can be overriden from the base AnimNotify class.

Comment

I left feedback about the Landscape Technical Guide and recommended settings but i have since read it several times and tried to understand the differences but i need to test the settings to see what you intend them to do.

I can't explain what i read as they differ in both naming and representation in the documentation page v.s in the Editor . I will post back here if i eventually get it and if there are something to "report"

This is why i deleted content in this post

Cheers
            Last edited by SirTainly; 03-13-2020, 09:56 AM.

Comment

• echo_four commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey SirTainly! Sounds great. Please ping us here if you spot anything else you think we can clear up.

Originally posted by DarienCaron View Post
            Hello,
            The documentation currently states that this function -> GetNotifyName_Implementation is only available in AnimNotify_PlaySound. But it can be overriden from the base AnimNotify class.
            It's wrapped in
            Code:
            /// @cond DOXYGEN_WARNINGS
            That's why it's missing from the docs.

Jeff Wilson Works! Thanks!
            Twitter | MinimalUI UE4 Editor Theme
            Dark Themes for: Forum | AnswerHub | Everything else

Comment

Including related header files for C++ related docs help without having to search for them separately from the documentation page would be a nicety

Comment

Hi.

The provided C++ code doesn't compile. I managed to find information to get it compiling but you might need to add what is missing or is incompatible

Cheers.

https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...ers/index.html
                Last edited by SirTainly; 03-16-2020, 09:02 PM. Reason: Part of the text got into the link. Fixed

Comment

CCDIK-Node Properties-Enable Rotation Limit
                  This note is wrong, and I think someone copies it from CCDIK-Node Properties-Precision

Comment

Hello, I'm trying to introduce Datasmith into my Sketchup Pro to UE4 workflow, and I just recently purchased Sketchup Pro. I've been using Sketchup, I'm logged into my Sketchup Pro Account (so it's a valid installation on my Windows 64 Bit System.) I downloaded the latest Datasmith plugin, I've made sure I closed Sketchup before trying to run the Datasmith launcher. I've even emailed Trimble (Sketchup application development company) about the issue of Datasmith not recognizing a valid version of Sketchup Pro. I was thinking that maybe it's not working because I have the subscription type of access and log in, there's no product key associated with it per se (at least that's what Trimble has said so far). I'm in the process of talking with them still. Does anyone have a recommendation? I saw there was an older thread with the same issue, but it looks as if the user stopped writing to the thread and gave up after waiting a while and not getting a solution. I would really appreciate some feedback, thanks.

Comment

https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/Engine/Content/Importing/FBX/ImportOptions/index.html

Name:	UFiYpJINxE.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	184.9 KB
ID:	1734916

Comment

• echo_four commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hey mousesanya! Good catch. I've passed this along so we can get that fixed.

https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...hes/index.html
                      1. When we click on those links (red circle in the image) we are moved on top of the document (I want to say if those are hyperlinks they don't work)
                      2. "On this page" is empty (orange circle in the image)‚Äč
                      https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...ize/index.html
                      3. typo (red circle)
                      4. That image is so small, is it ok or bug? (orange circle)

Name:	UFiYpJINxE3.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	163.4 KB
ID:	1734949

Comment

• Jeff Wilson commented
                        Editing a comment
                        #4 has been fixed locally and should be deployed soon. Sorry for the inconvenience on that one.

• echo_four commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hey mousesanya! Thanks as always for reaching out to us. I think all of these issues have been fixed. Please let us know if that's not the case, or if you spot anything else we should take a look at.

1. When we click on those links (red circle in the image) we are moved on top of the document (I want to say if those are hyperlinks they don't work)
                      2. "On this page" is empty (orange circle in the image)
                      3. typo (red circle)
                      4. That image is so small, is it ok or bug? (orange circle)
                      For 1, those are simply a list of features, so shouldn't be links to other parts of the page because those parts don't exist on the page.
                      For 2, the image didn't show up in the post so I don't know what is referenced. Is it a link or reference to an empty page?
                      For 4, I've seen this all over the docs lately. Every slider picture is either small like that or doesn't work correctly. When it's a full picture, or close to it, a portion of the picture (e.g., lower half) is a blank, solid color such as white or grey or black. Or it's somehow not showing what the slider would reveal by adjusting it.

Comment

Hello everyone, Epics In-Editor Source Control documentation states you can check in a .ini file for modification in the editor, but you cannot check it back out and push it through the editor, and need to manually push the .ini to the source control.
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	RsZZ6vv1aC.png Views:	0 Size:	59.3 KB ID:	1735233
                        After some testing with our team, this is not the case anymore. You check out the .ini through the editor, and check it back in through the editor, will show up for others.
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	1Bjvc5xsU7.png Views:	0 Size:	23.9 KB ID:	1735234
                        Cheers! Thank you Epic and amazing community!
                        Last edited by House zu Heltzer; 04-06-2020, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X