Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal Engine 4 Documentation > Engine Features > Sequencer Editor > Sequencer Quick Start

This page states that "Creating a Level Sequence from the Cinematics drop-down menu will also automatically add it to the Level."
    But it does not autamatically add newly create Level Sequence to the level.

Comment

• First, these steps don't appear to work with ue4 v24. Consistent crashes on composure element passes.
      • Second there doesn't appear to be any documentation on controlling Anti-aliasing with those same composure element passes.

Comment

It seems the code on this page : https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...2/7/index.html does not work with UE 4.24.2.
        I don't know where the error is exactly.

Also, I found a bug in the previous code (https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...2/3/index.html) but I don't know how to solve it : when looking the ground or the sky (pitch Y axis), the forward/backward speed is reduced, almost to 0, while the left/right speed is not affected.
        The documentation is saying this :

In a typical FPS control scheme, the character's movement axes are relative to the camera. "Forward" movement means "the direction that the camera is pointing" and "right" means "to the right of the direction that the camera is pointing." You are going to use the PlayerController to get the character's control rotation. Also, your MoveForward function will ignore the pitch component of the control rotation and restrict your input to the XY plane so as to guarantee that your character will move along the ground while you are looking up or down.
        Last edited by Rainoxer; 02-10-2020, 02:55 AM.
        Physics > Graphics

Comment

Unreal Engine 4 Documentation > Unreal Editor Manual > Level Editor > In-Editor Testing (Play & Simulate) > Play In Editor Settings
          This page is outdated.

Comment

The navigation in the right side nav is broken, see the image down below
            https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...ndex.html#time

Spoiler

Comment

• Jeff Wilson commented
              Editing a comment
              I’ll check the logic on these. Maybe they are set up incorrectly to look for a partial match instead of an exact match.

Would be nice to have a comments section on each page of the documentation. Some of it is out of date and/or incorrect. This page is an example of both: https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...set/index.html

Comment

I found a mistake in documentation Behavior Tree Quick Start Guide, at the 5 step in 5 - Task Setup - Find Random Patrol, it create a local variable called PatrolLocation which can't be used by Blackboard data. Then the AI character will not move randomly.

Comment

class FMyClass
                {
                uint32 ExampleProperty1;
                uint32 ExampleProperty2;

// Hash Function
                friend uint32 GetTypeHash(const FMyClass& MyClass)
                {
                // HashCombine is a utility function for combining two hash values.
                uint32 HashCode = HashCombine(MyClass.ExampleProperty1, MyClass.ExampleProperty2);
                return HashCode;
                }

// For demonstration purposes, two objects that are equal
                // should always return the same hash code.
                bool operator==(const FMyClass& LHS, const FMyClass& RHS)
                {
                return LHS.ExampleProperty1 == RHS.ExampleProperty1
                && LHS.ExampleProperty2 == RHS.ExampleProperty2;
                }
                };

operator== is error. It need be outside the FMyClass or has only one parameter.

Comment

In tutorial "Variables, Timers, and Events" https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/Programming/Tutorials/VariablesTimersEvents/index.html, compiler report warnings when I pass FString to CountdownText->SetText() methods. It needs FText class. So I change to the code below, in section "Work-In-Progress Code" it works.
                  Code:
                  CountdownText->SetText(FText::AsNumber(FMath::Max(CountdownTime, 0)));
                  CountdownText->SetText(FText::FromString("GO!"));

Comment

Hi there !

>On the page Import Into Level (FBX Scene Import)
                    https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...ene/index.html

>In the § Reimport List Filter Buttons (close ro the end)

>In the Table, the description of the action Add is: "
                    This will automatically create a folder representing each tier in the hierarchy. The folder will be named after the first item found at that hierarchy level."

It seems to be a wrong copy-past of the line of the description of the Create Content Folder Hierarchy, contained in the § FBX Scene Import Options Dialog > Available Options upper on the same page.

The right description should be :
                    "This only shows those assets in the FBX scene that have been added since the last import."
                    Last edited by MAB1910; 02-25-2020, 04:33 AM.

Comment

https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...art/index.html

Step 6. Shooting the Projectile
                      Substep 4. in the .cpp file
                      In the StartFire implementation
                      World->GetTimerManager().SetTimer(FiringTimer, this, &AThirdPersonMP424Character::StopFire, FireRate, false); should be set to
                      World->GetTimerManager().SetTimer(FiringTimer, this, &AThirdPersonMPCharacter::StopFire, FireRate, false); I don't know why there is the "424" in the name but i spent 30 min looking for the error. Sample file at the bottom seems right.

Comment

Font is too small, in my opinion. Difficult to read.

Comment

• echo_four commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Hey AxSoler! Thanks for the feedback. I'll pass this along to the rest of the Docs team.

Hello,

I noticed that the GetHandle() function for FInputActionBinding has been deprecated from version 4.20 of Unreal. Its still marked as an active function in the documentation.

Comment

Hi, I had gone through "Multiplayer Programming Quickstart Guide"
                          • Step 5.5 says add the following code to the constuctor. Example says the header file.
                          • Step 6.4 Typo in StartFire().
                            • World->GetTimerManager().SetTimer(FiringTimer, this, &AThirdPersonMP424Character::StopFire, FireRate, false);
                          Great guide to start from by the way

Comment

In the Basic Level Designer Quick Start Tutorial there is by Version 4.24, the atmosphere sun light, in advanced Light setings under Atmosphere/Fog, that can confuse some new beginner

Comment

Working...
                            X