Terrain painting with pen pressure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maximum-Dev View Post
    Well that used to be the general idea behind voting but people (including myself) stopped voting after while for some reason. i.e: https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-35097
    Backlogged just means we're not sure when it will get fixed - in this case the bug went untouched for 6 months so the auto backlogger bot backlogged it. Votes and people bringing it up certainly improves the chances it will be fixed. Not voting definitely has no effect

There are also community folks out there that look through the bugs it doesn't look like we'll get to soon, and submit pull-requests to fix them.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Darnell View Post
      in this case the bug went untouched for 6 months so the auto backlogger bot backlogged it. Votes and people bringing it up certainly improves the chances it will be fixed.
      Now I'm a little confused. That bug I linked is one of the highest voted ones, if votes matter then why would it go untouched for 6 months? while many other bug reports with way less votes are fixed during the past 6 months, that only makes the voting irrelevant since it's not a "More votes > Fixing sooner" system.
      Last edited by Maximum-Dev; 04-23-2017, 06:19 PM.
      Artstation
      Join the support channel
      Gumroad Store

Comment

Now I'm a little confused. That bug I linked is one of the highest voted ones, if votes matter then why would it go untouched for 6 months? while many other bug reports with way less votes are fixed during the past 6 months, that only makes the voting irrelevant since it's not a "More votes > Fixing sooner" system.
        Simple: Because the Epic engineers don't care about your votes. It's disheartening but it's looking like this is more and more the case. Why even bother having a voting system if it doesn't stand for anything? A 6 month wait to fix a bug is ridiculous.
        Last edited by PixelPerfectPolygons; 04-24-2017, 02:08 AM.
        Our Ghosts of War - The World's First World War 2 Survival Game
        Twitter: @ourghostsofwar

Comment

So this is backlogged: https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-16596

But when I hover on here I see this text appear:

Can anyone confirm if the feature is working?
          I wanted to buy a tablet specifically for this, didn't get one yet.
          Artstation
          Join the support channel
          Gumroad Store

Comment

So this is backlogged: https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-16596

But when I hover on here I see this text appear:

Can anyone confirm if the feature is working?
            I wanted to buy a tablet specifically for this, didn't get one yet.

Bump.
            Artstation
            Join the support channel
            Gumroad Store

Comment

Bump.
              It doesn't work, you can see this yourself if you check the code on github, pressure is hard coded to 0 and the flag that enables tablets is disabled.

There are other reasons for getting a tablet though, it's way better ergonomically and you can use the pen pressure in other software.

Comment

Oh okay.... thanks.

Pity, this feature could make the landscape surfaces look 1000% better.
                Artstation
                Join the support channel
                Gumroad Store

Comment

Hello Epic,

It's been more than 1.5 year, can we possibly get support for pen pressure?
                  Artstation
                  Join the support channel
                  Gumroad Store

Comment

Hello Epic,

It's been more than 1.5 year, can we possibly get support for pen pressure?
                    When pigs fly you can & if epic does not use or develop a feature for their own projects then they don’t give a ****

Comment

2018 and still no pen pressure.

Come on, Epic.

Comment

Also, pressure for vertex painting would be awesome as well.

Comment

With the new addtion to the Landscape tools i think Pen Pressure would be a realy neat thing to sculpt the landscape.

Comment

Working...
                          X