Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHIGetAvailableResolutions works in a Packaged Game in c++ but not when used in a BP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RHIGetAvailableResolutions works in a Packaged Game in c++ but not when used in a BP

Ok I just want to get some staff views on this problem, Rama posted it on answerhub and there has been not even a response.

In one sentence its this : RHIGetAvailableResolutions works in a Packaged Game in c++ but not when used in a BP node via plugin. The BP Plugin version works in Editor builds.

ANSWERHUB POST

I am sure the problem is more complicated than flicking a bool, so I think it deserves attention, also Rama is one of the strongest community members and we need to respect his work.

I am by no means blaming anyone , I just want to see this problem resolved

Cheers !
    TA on :
    Assassins Creed Origins
    Assassins Creed Origins: Curse of the Pharaohs
    The Division 2

Yes, I also see some bad behaviour when use r.setRes from Blueprints as well. These are very basic features for ANY engine and must be addressed.
    | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Did anyone from Epic see this. Not even one line to say: "Yes I will look into that..."
      TA on :
      Assassins Creed Origins
      The Division 2

Comment

Hi Midnight640,

We have someone looking into this. I apologize for the delay.
        Adam Davis | Marketplace Support | Epic Games
        How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues? | Answerhub Bug Reports | Twitter

Comment

Thank you, I hope it gets fixed for 4.3

Edit: Just a suggestion why don't you (the programmers) add it to the stock blueprints. It is hardly a day of work for a programmer (and Rama has given the source code) and EVERYONE will love this addition.
          Last edited by Midnight640; 07-16-2014, 11:56 AM.
          TA on :
          Assassins Creed Origins
          The Division 2

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight640 View Post
            Edit: Just a suggestion why don't you (the programmers) add it to the stock blueprints. It is hardly a day of work for a programmer (and Rama has given the source code) and EVERYONE will love this addition.
            Epic if you'd like me to submit a pull request I can,

but the issue is that the RHI is returning false when used inside a shipping build inside a blueprint node.

It works great in the raw C++ though!

Full details here:

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...kaged-gam.html
            100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

Hey Folks,

We actively monitor the BUGS section of AnswerHub, no need to additionally post here. The task of monitoring everything is pretty broad, and having information in 2 places just slows down the response time.

Sorry this one took 14 days to respond to on answerhub.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
              X