Forum rep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[COMMUNITY] Forum rep

Hi, I would love to be able to award rep within the forum. I see there is upvoting of posts and thread but I'd like to really attach it to some members of the community. There are a few that always seem to be there for even the simplest questions and itd be great to see them given rep for being positive, helpful members of the community!

Just a thought

I always thought something like this was in the cards when the upvote system came into being. Most forums I've seen that incorporate post likes/votes keep a counter of how many a user has accrued on their profile. As you say, it'd be a cool way to recognize people who are extremely helpful around the community. =)

Simulacrum Game | Play The Alpha | Caldera Entertainment | Twitter | ArtStation

Comment

I was going to like this thread... then i realised i can't
      Currently working on a Multiplayer Scifi Horror Survivial Game - Details Soon

Comment

I wouldn't mind a rep system, would help motivate people to help
        Marketplace Assets

Advanced Mobile Input: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Easy Input Remapping: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
        Multiplayer Blueprint Chat System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Closing Credits System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
        Minesweeper Template: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Maze Creator: Marketplace Page | Support Thread

Comment

+1 rep

I agree.
          They broke the signatures so I removed mine thinking it'd be awhile. The signatures work again, but I haven't redone my signature yet.

Comment

It's a double edged sword really... You don't want people getting dismissed just because they don't have X amount of brownie points.

Comment

Originally posted by DamirH View Post
              It's a double edged sword really... You don't want people getting dismissed just because they don't have X amount of brownie points.
              That isn't whats being proposed here, and on the forums that do have similar systems I've never seen someone dismissed because they lacked a certain amount of likes. It's no different from titles on here, or karma on the answerhub.

Comment

Reps + Avatars

+2
                Artstation
                Join the support channel
                Gumroad Store

Comment

personally I'd rather see the "I helped the community" badges return then have any more social media site type nonsense on the forum, obviously that's just my opinion.

Comment

^ agreed, I think it got very cluttered in the user info when the other things were added like thread mentions etc.
                    | QuinnVR | Portfolio | Twitter |

Comment

Originally posted by smokey13 View Post
                      personally I'd rather see the "I helped the community" badges return then have any more social media site type nonsense on the forum, obviously that's just my opinion.
                      The only thing with that is it requires manual input from Epic staff, whereas this suggestion hinges on the users themselves.

Comment

Working...
                      X