No announcement yet.

Marketplace Multiplayer Large Player Scaled Servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tom_m If you mean me then oh yes. There has been a lot of progress. It's ready to be used in games. Since no one would reasonably risk their resources on an unproven technology, I've been working on my own game and it's coming along very nicely.

Sorry for the delay in response. I didn't get a notification, I just happened to end up back on this page.

Cheers,
    Jin

Comment

Originally posted by Jin_VE View Post
      tom_m If you mean me then oh yes. There has been a lot of progress. It's ready to be used in games. Since no one would reasonably risk their resources on an unproven technology, I've been working on my own game and it's coming along very nicely.

Sorry for the delay in response. I didn't get a notification, I just happened to end up back on this page.

Cheers,
      Jin
      Do you perhaps have something to demo?

I've looked at one of your old videos. Do you have anything that isn't a physics simulation? Somethings along the lines of a MMORPG?
      Last edited by Rhynedahll; 01-16-2018, 10:18 AM.

WIP Thread

Comment

Jin_VE there are always people willing to invest in unproven technology. I currently did on a different product in the meantime. Don't get discouraged though. Post updates, show what you have..

Comment

Originally posted by tom_m View Post
          Jin_VE there are always people willing to invest in unproven technology. I currently did on a different product in the meantime. Don't get discouraged though. Post updates, show what you have..
          Thanks for the encouragement. I can use as much as I can get.

I'm almost ready to show what I have. The AI system in UE4 leaves a lot to be desired so it hasn't been easy getting AI to use cover in large groups (efficiently). Once I can get that looking good enough, I'll start posting my results. It's just that since much of the power of this tech is in allowing for ultra-smart AI, the sky is the limit. You could practically run IBM Watson in a game if you wanted. Because of this, at the very least, I don't want my demo AI looking like the Keystone Cops.

I'm close tho. Then I'll have a game prototype that is ready for the art, better animations (over time), and improved mechanics -- especially the AI. Hopefully I can get some people interested in a sweat-equity deal and/or try to get crowdfunded.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by tom_m View Post
            You're right, it's just that despite his contradictory statements it is specifically about profit and he asks for A LOT - more than you'd expect it to cost were it proven technology.

Comment

Originally posted by Jin_VE View Post

Thanks for the encouragement. I can use as much as I can get.

I'm almost ready to show what I have. The AI system in UE4 leaves a lot to be desired so it hasn't been easy getting AI to use cover in large groups (efficiently). Once I can get that looking good enough, I'll start posting my results. It's just that since much of the power of this tech is in allowing for ultra-smart AI, the sky is the limit. You could practically run IBM Watson in a game if you wanted. Because of this, at the very least, I don't want my demo AI looking like the Keystone Cops.

I'm close tho. Then I'll have a game prototype that is ready for the art, better animations (over time), and improved mechanics -- especially the AI. Hopefully I can get some people interested in a sweat-equity deal and/or try to get crowdfunded.

Cheers
              Is the server technology your main focus or are you primarily interested in producing an MMO?

WIP Thread

Comment

Hi again!

I'm so incredibly happy to direct you to a series of videos which outline my dedicated cluster technology and how to use it. I am solo and have no funding, so you will need to see past the very humble nature of my presentation, but I doubt that will be hard for you all. Anyone who understands the problems involved should be able to see the power of this tech.

The playlist is here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...cpvzEupsK1j_9m

Please watch and let me know what you think. Once I have a forum post set up for the tech, I will come back and post it in this thread. Thanks so much for being patient!

EDIT: The main thread is here.

-Jin

PS: Rhynedahll, sorry I missed your last question. I'd love to be involved in an MMO project that used my tech but right now, my focus is on providing a tool that others can use rather than using it myself. I'm really not much of a game developer. I've just learned what I had to so I could build and demo my tech.
                Last edited by Jin_VE; 07-03-2018, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X