Select All Descendants in Outliner doesn't behave as expected

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[EDITOR] Select All Descendants in Outliner doesn't behave as expected

I have a folder filled with nested StaticMeshActors.

When you right click on the folder in the World Outliner and choose Select, you have two choices:

- Immediate Children
    - All Descendants

I would expect that the Immediate Children option would highlight only the top level children, and the All Descendants option would highlight all of the nested children.

However, currently those options both behave exactly the same way-- selecting the top level children. This seems like a bug.

Also, if I select the top-level folder without selecting any of it's children and hit delete, it only deletes the folders and throws everything that was in it into the main branch of the outliner. I had expected that if you delete a parent it would by default delete any nested children.

Since I can't delete just the parent without having the children selected, and the All Descendants option won't select all of the children for me, it's a cumbersome process to delete a folder filled with nested actors as I have to carefully select by scrolling, hitting shift, and hoping I didn't accidentally select something else in the outliner in the process.

This still exists in 4.20!

Comment

Would you mind bugging this behavior? epic.gm/ue4bugform

Comment

Working...
      X