Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure we have and we can have different perspectives,

Originally posted by max.pareschi View Post
    VXGI is based on a very coarse approximation of raytracing (...)
    I know what vxgi is, 5hs ago you was telling me that it was impossible to put any change in the rendering system, that is the thing.

Lumion? If so the only extra feature it has are the planar reflections, which you can do (albeit in a confusing and hacky way) with a scene capture actor in UE already.
    The problem with scenecaptureactor method is surfaces contact. There is more software like lumion, all of them with better capabilities to render refltections than unreal. Yes, performance can be an issue but it can be kept under control. 1 or 2 glass surfaces per room on wich can be placed some objects can be a great improvement for realistic interior rendering.

This should not be a technical discussion but a business one.
    This is suposed to be just feedbak for epic. It don´t really matter if you think that they are going to do it or not.
    Last edited by PRUN; 02-08-2016, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PRUN View Post
      I know what vxgi is, 5hs ago you was telling me that it was impossible to put any change in the rendering system, that is the thing.
      Oh c'mon, please take the time to actually read my posts before writing i said stuff i didn't. Everything can be done, we all know it, but a general purpose raytracer is a ***** to do, not for the technique itself but for its acceleration structures and optimizations (that are very different from how things are handled in engine now).

The problem with scenecaptureactor method is surfaces contact. There is more software like lumion, all of them with better capabilities to render refltections than unreal. Yes, performance can be an issue but it can be kept under control. 1 or 2 glass surfaces per room on wich can be placed some objects can be a great improvement for realistic interior rendering.
      Again, post your sources so everyone - ESPECIALLY EPIC guys - can understand what you want. I also read another thread by you on this matter, in which you didn't post your sources. Instead of worrying about raytracing I'd say you should ask "can be <software name>'s reflection system be integrated in unreal? if not, why not?".
      You way of asking is largely unproductive, since from what i gather you're not a programmer, so just get on with the references.
      Also, and this has been stated A LOT by Epic's own employees on this forum, if any kind of high end technology is not gonna perform on par for at least the baseline tech (30fps ps4) they will probably not bother doing it.

This is suposed to be just feedbak for epic. It don´t really matter if you think that they are going to do it or not.
      This is a discussion forum man. if you're not going to discuss anything just write them an email with the request. If instead you would be willing to discuss everyone is still here waiting for actual examples and technical explanations of the tech you would want implemented.

Comment

Working...
      X