No announcement yet.

PR #1552 : Toon Shading Model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+1 We could really use this functionality!

Comment

+1

Is there any news on this, considering that GDC is over, and this has been on the waiting list for a while?

Comment

+1

It would be very usefull if there would be possibility like dev tools that you can install even that those are not in main engine

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander Paschall View Post
          As it is a large implementation and there are limited amounts of developers to evaluate the request, there hasn't been much traction since. They are also discussing how to keep the editor size down by having project specific feature pull requests be left as plugins that can be turned on and off as needed. This is an effort to reduce both engine and packaging sizes smaller.

I wouldn't expect this one to be implemented soon if it is not kept as a plugin. We're entering crunch for GDC and the devs will be focusing on that for the next month, but I can see how things are progressing after.
          Any news on this?

Comment

Yeah come on now guys! Been waiting for this to arrive for AGES, been relying on unlit light vector materials to do this for me and it's just such a a bad way to work around it. This really needs to happen!

Comment

Updated Trello says that following is ready for 4.17
              Support for Global Shaders in Plugins - Plugins can now create their own global shaders without modifying the engine.

GiM - Games in Motion

Comment

Originally posted by doC View Post
                Support for Global Shaders in Plugins - Plugins can now create their own global shaders without modifying the engine.

This is the best news I've seen all year.

Comment

Originally posted by doC View Post

Finally! This is awesome news!

Comment

Exciting! I'm no expert on programming so having this as a plugin is fantastic <3

Visit my portfolio: jhgrace.com

Comment

Awesome *o*
                      Check 3d tips! POLY DNA

Comment

Pretty sure that Arnage said that this was a no go. :/

Comment

Originally posted by JamesEmory View Post
                          Pretty sure that Arnage said that this was a no go. :/
                          Yeah, sorry to disappoint, but at least for now this still won't work. As far as I could tell from the source the 4.17 plugin support indeed allows you to include your own custom shaders. However, there seems to be no way to have these shaders interact with the material editor, which is obviously essential for the toon shading model.

Maybe I missed something, as I haven't actually found any documentation for the feature yet, but don't hold your breath just yet :/

Comment

Originally posted by Arnage View Post
                            Yeah, sorry to disappoint, but at least for now this still won't work. As far as I could tell from the source the 4.17 plugin support indeed allows you to include your own custom shaders. However, there seems to be no way to have these shaders interact with the material editor, which is obviously essential for the toon shading model.

Maybe I missed something, as I haven't actually found any documentation for the feature yet, but don't hold your breath just yet :/
                            To what extent do you mean? Like is it enough to be able to implement like a shading model in the drop down menu (Default Lit, that area) or no? I'm considering turning another toon model I saw into a plugin if that's possible, but I know yours requires new pins in the editor, so not sure if that's the degree to which plugins won't go.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesEmory View Post
                              To what extent do you mean? Like is it enough to be able to implement like a shading model in the drop down menu (Default Lit, that area) or no? I'm considering turning another toon model I saw into a plugin if that's possible, but I know yours requires new pins in the editor, so not sure if that's the degree to which plugins won't go.
                              As far as I could see there is no support for new shading models at all.

Comment

If that's the case, severely disappointed in this feature.
                                Last edited by JamesEmory; 08-08-2017, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X