Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    You are welcome!

By the way, it's not finished, but I have not much time and energy to tackle the lacking features... One day!

Edit: new binary release of the Git plugin for the new UE4.5.1!
    Last edited by SRombauts; 10-26-2014, 03:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks!

Thanks a ton for your great work. Greatly appreciate it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks, and yes I think it would be great to have the Git plugin integrated by default.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just wanted to say thanks @srombauts for git support - and +1 to having git out of the box.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    we would really like to see TFS (Team Foundation Server) support

Originally posted by Paul Oliver View Post
    Hi Guys,

Internally we use Perforce for our source control, so the tools work with that and we test those workflows every day.

As far as other version control options, some of these would be good community projects, and it would be nice if we (Epic) could provide the most popular ones, however i'm not sure if we even know what is most popular among our users. Do you have insight?
    we would really like to see TFS (Team Foundation Server) support.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    UE4 Git Plugin alpha v0.3 released

UE4 Git Plugin alpha v0.3 released, with commit working for small batch of files.

As its quickly reaching completion, I've started a dedicated new thread on the "Engine Source & GitHub" section (still not ready for the more general "Tools" section I think).

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    UE4 Git Plugin alpha v0.2 released, with diff fully working.

Still no commit (next/last big step) but know really useful for anyone using Git.
    Last edited by SRombauts; 05-20-2014, 06:05 PM. Reason: url

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah, git would be most amazing!
    We have a hard time with perforce.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mike Fricker View Post
    Wow, this is really cool! Nice work, SRombauts! I'm going to check it out this week myself.

Btw, the link at the top of your web site's landing page (not GitHub), has a hyperlink back to itself instead of to the GitHub page (https://github.com/SRombauts/UE4GitPlugin).
    --Mike
    Thanks

Hum yes, this link is coming from the README.md, it is intended for reader of the GitHub site, I should fix that!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wow, this is really cool! Nice work, SRombauts! I'm going to check it out this week myself.

Btw, the link at the top of your web site's landing page (not GitHub), has a hyperlink back to itself instead of to the GitHub page (https://github.com/SRombauts/UE4GitPlugin).

--Mike

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Daniel Vogel View Post
    Kickass! Thanks for working on this :-)
    My pleasure!

It could be quite ready for more broad testing in a few days.

After that I would like to add a few minor functionalities.

Then the Git Plugin should be really useful for people working on Unreal Tournament with GitHub!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Kickass! Thanks for working on this :-)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi all,

UE4 Git Plugin alpha v0.1 released, with history log, revert, add and delete.
    Still no diff (next step) nor commit.

Cheers!
    Last edited by SRombauts; 05-17-2014, 05:10 PM. Reason: URL

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Did anyone tested the Git Plugin?

Originally posted by SRombauts View Post
    So at last I've started implementing a Git Source Control Plugin.
    Did anyone tried it?

It was quite buggy, but I fixed everything I found
    It is still totally raw and basic (no history log, no diff, no add/delete, no commit) but it provides reliable file status!

Anyway, if you find the time to test it, please let me know, it could help me.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Bajee View Post
    This is great news, SRombauts. Is it ready for testing yet? Let me know if you need beta testers.

I think you use git with perforce in one way or another. I'm not entirely sure how, but they advertise that on their website. For now I just resorted to using perforce.
    Yeah it is similar to how Git-SVN works, where you are using git locally to connect to a perforce server. I was trying to do the opposite so that I could use SVN or Perforce connectors in the Unreal editor to connect to a Git repository. But with the distributed nature of Git, most developers want to run it on their local machines, then use it to also connect to another system such as SVN or Perforce. So everything was written to be opposite of what I was looking for.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X