Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by [EPIC] Nick Darnell View Post
    It's fixed in master/4.11. The 4.10 fix was insufficient to fix all issues. Custom hit testing, gaze, collision...etc for individual widgets will come later. I have some local code that adds a component that does it, but it has required a laundry list of changes to Slate to make it happen. That component wont be in 4.11, because it's currently garbage. I will however probably post the code to the forums after 4.11 comes out so that someone else who has some time can make a good component that does all the interaction ever.

There should be a preview release of 4.11 sometime soon, please try it out and let me know if there are continued issues.
    not fixed in 4.18 clients cant interacted with the 3d widgets after the first one interacts with it
    Last edited by Mr_Tea_Rexx; 03-15-2018, 11:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This works fine for Singleplayer but Multiplayer is still broken.

There is a public issue logged here: https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-6411

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Nick Darnell View Post
    This thread is no longer relevant. 3D Widget Interaction is a new feature, and it hasn't been left out in the cold.
    That is using the center camera as an cursor. But how about getting focus and using keyboard ou gamepad?

Example: Dead Space Inventory Screen.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nick beat me to it. Here's the documentation: https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...etInteraction/

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by LuLima View Post
    Its hard to see attention always going to new features, and old issues being left out in the cold
    This thread is no longer relevant. 3D Widget Interaction is a new feature, and it hasn't been left out in the cold.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Its hard to see attention always going to new features, and old issues being left out in the cold

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Has anyone been able to get the widget interaction component to work via c++? I get a crash in the core code about it not having an outer. I am creating it like I do any other component.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is a good example why it feels like that this engine is degrading ever since the release of 4.11 ...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So in other words, this feature is now screwed up and doesn't work anymore?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So for my mobile project, I used (successfully and seamlessly) the 3d widget component in 4.10 to handle the main menu system. Since widgets can't hold flipbook sprites, and sprites can't render on top of umg, a blueprint actor with a 3d widget component and flipbook on top was the best solution. it worked flawlessly on mobile and never needed further thought. In order to use a certain plugin I've had to convert the project to 4.13 and I see that I can no longer do this so simply. In fact, I don't see that I can use touch input for 3d widgets at all. Is this the case? If so, what can I do about rendering a flipbook over umg?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TroJanVirus View Post
    Here's a good way to get the Widget Interaction Component and your 3D Widget working with a MOUSE CLICK.

Go into your Characters blueprint.

1. +Add a "Widget Interaction" component from the component window.
    2. +Add a "Widget" component from the component window.
    3. Make sure the Widget Component has your Widget of choice in the 'widget class'.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]112710[/ATTACH]

These are my settings for the Widget interaction component:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]112711[/ATTACH]

Go into the graph editor of the blueprint widget you selected before.
    Find your desired button, (or whatever you are using. I've only tested this for buttons), you want to work with the Widget Interaction component.
    Click the ">OnHovered" Event for that button.

Then do this for that OnHovered event:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]112707[/ATTACH]
    Here's a system I documented down

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How did you set up mouse input forwarding? I tried all kinds of events but either they don't fire or there is some kind of input processing chain that catches input away before my pawn receives it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	widgetinteraction-mouseinput.png
Views:	1
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	1116011

EDIT: Nevermind, I had simply not made my PlayerController possess the Pawn containing that logic. It works now.
    Last edited by cygon; 09-28-2016, 07:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Nick Darnell View Post
    You set the mode of the WIC to Mouse, and you forward all mouse input to it not handled by other gameplay, letting it know when the mouse button is pressed and when it's released.
    It's ok, I managed to get this worked but handling the focus with mouse widget component is not very clear/easy especially with text input.

(sorry for the changing name account)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Klownk View Post
    That exactly!
    It there a way to make mouse in UI input mode works with 3D widget? Or maybe create a 3D mouse, I don't know? Because now 4.13 just broke all my gameplay project...
    You set the mode of the WIC to Mouse, and you forward all mouse input to it not handled by other gameplay, letting it know when the mouse button is pressed and when it's released.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by zeOrb View Post
    Basically what the initial post was about(there are repro steps) - when you create Widget comp. in the world and trying to interact with it via using mouse and "Game and UI input mode"/"UI input mode" nothing happens. For example, 3d widget in my SuperGrid works perfectly fine in UE 4.12.x, yet after converting project to UE 4.13 interaction won't register.

I've changed interaction "style" to the new one - it works great and better than the old way for me, but the old way might be more preferable for other people and different tasks.
    PS: Thanks for interactive widget, much easier to use
    That exactly!
    It there a way to make mouse in UI input mode works with 3D widget? Or maybe creat a 3D mouse, I don't know? Because now 4.13 just broke all my gameplay project...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X