Can't interact with 3d UMG widgets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LuLima View Post
    Its hard to see attention always going to new features, and old issues being left out in the cold
    This thread is no longer relevant. 3D Widget Interaction is a new feature, and it hasn't been left out in the cold.

Comment

Nick beat me to it. Here's the documentation: https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...etInteraction/
      Twitch /unrealalexander| Twitter @UnrealAlexander
      How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues?
      Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION]

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Darnell View Post
        This thread is no longer relevant. 3D Widget Interaction is a new feature, and it hasn't been left out in the cold.
        That is using the center camera as an cursor. But how about getting focus and using keyboard ou gamepad?

Example: Dead Space Inventory Screen.

Comment

This works fine for Singleplayer but Multiplayer is still broken.

There is a public issue logged here: https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-6411

Comment

Originally posted by [EPIC] Nick Darnell View Post
            It's fixed in master/4.11. The 4.10 fix was insufficient to fix all issues. Custom hit testing, gaze, collision...etc for individual widgets will come later. I have some local code that adds a component that does it, but it has required a laundry list of changes to Slate to make it happen. That component wont be in 4.11, because it's currently garbage. I will however probably post the code to the forums after 4.11 comes out so that someone else who has some time can make a good component that does all the interaction ever.

There should be a preview release of 4.11 sometime soon, please try it out and let me know if there are continued issues.
            not fixed in 4.18 clients cant interacted with the 3d widgets after the first one interacts with it
            Last edited by Mr_Tea_Rexx; 03-15-2018, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X