No announcement yet.

Steam Multiplayer Tutorial Series?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really hope it will be released till the upcoming weekend so I can spend it on studying the tutorials
    Daniel Mihajlovic |Freelance 3D Artist | Showreel

Comment

Hey everyone,

We have had to adjust the schedule a bit and it is looking like Monday is the day for these videos to be available. Qlint is coming in over the weekend to finish up the video work to get them out because he is awesome like that. Like I said it's a little crazy here at the moment. We do apologize and hope to have these videos in your hands as soon as (in)humanly possible.

I really appreciate your enthusiasm for these videos. Let us know how we did with them and keep us in the loop if there are other topics you feel we should be focusing on as well.
      Unreal Engine Documentation
      Bored? Follow me! @ffejnosliw

Comment

Originally posted by Burnz View Post
        Jeff,
        does this cover adding a dedicated server as well? I keep running into issues when getting it to work with dedicated servers so that part is kinda important - for dedicated servers you currently have to convert the project to c++ and code some overwrite classes in order to get the session. I think that is really the hard part when integrating Steam.
        I'll check into what is being covered. If this doesn't cover that, it definitely sounds like a good topic for a follow up series or possibly a live stream. I'll post back with more info.

Comment

Perfect, now I can start making a multiplayer game right after writing the last exam

Comment

just jumping in so I can see the link to the video's when they are available (hoping it is posted)
            Acclivity Game Studios. Making a BP FPS, Tutorial Series on Blog : On Unreal Wiki : Twitch

Comment

any update about this series?

Comment

Excited for Tomorrow, this series is exactly what i was needing, been hacking the Multiplayer Shootout example in the mean time

Comment

Thanks for keeping us updated, Jeff! I'm really excited if the release is near

Comment

Any news yet?

Comment

Is there a chance that the series will be released this week?

Best regards,
                      Daniel

Comment

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to update you. Apparently there were some pretty serious issues with the capture software/device that are causing the video team's work to proceed extremely slowly. We have a new solution in place for future videos already but getting this one processed is taking much longer than expected. That work is ongoing and I will keep you updated as I get more information.

Sorry for the delay on these videos!
                        Last edited by Jeff Wilson; 02-24-2016, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Thanks, Jeff. It seems like this tutorial series is jinxed in a very strange way

Can the video guys give us a rough date for the release? I'm checking this thread and the youtube channel almost every hour since a week for this (in my case) extremy high anticipated series

Daniel

Comment

+1 polygon

Thanks Jeff, eagerly waiting!

-M

Comment

While were waiting for these much anticipated videos to release. Think you could tell me whether or not they will cover a full steam implementation? Or perhaps even better dedicated servers on steam? Cause right now im not quite sure steam, and more especially dedicated servers on steam are even possible right now without some pretty hefty re-plumbing of the Onlinsubsystem in C++. PS. I'd love to see EPIC do up their own backend as a service for their dev's.. Just a thought. Could be profitable. =)

Comment

Originally posted by Metathias View Post
                                While were waiting for these much anticipated videos to release. Think you could tell me whether or not they will cover a full steam implementation? Or perhaps even better dedicated servers on steam? Cause right now im not quite sure steam, and more especially dedicated servers on steam are even possible right now without some pretty hefty re-plumbing of the Onlinsubsystem in C++. PS. I'd love to see EPIC do up their own backend as a service for their dev's.. Just a thought. Could be profitable. =)
                                I completely agree
                                Setting up a dedicated server is quite uncomfortable at the moment and it would be great if Epic would focus more on this topic in the future. And what I really hope is an implementation of the social system that has been introduced for Paragon and Fortnite. The launcher should - in my personal opinion - become similar to Blizzard's Battle.net or steam. This would be great

Daniel

Comment

Working...
                                X