Steam Multiplayer Tutorial Series?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Guys,

Appreciate the patience. Latest update is that our video team is currently working on this as well as several other projects. The editor who is working on it says that he should be able to finish it by the end of next week when I pinged him for an update. I'm also working on a way to release the project as well to go along with the series.

This particular series was done in Blueprint, however we haven't ruled out converting the project to a C++ tutorial as well similar to other projects we've done with Blueprint/C++ parity. Will need to work this out with our C++ guy on our team as he'd be able to put this together better than I could.

The series was longer than I expected but covered quite a bit of the front end stuff and getting players connected. I do want to expand upon it though down the road.

-W

Comment

Just wanted to join the discussion by telling how c++ version would be much appreciated. Even simple documentation for c++ version would be enough since things are probably explained thoroughly on BP videos anyway.
      https://github.com/0lento/UnrealEngine (GameWorks tech merges & upgrades, UE4 physics modifications)

Comment

Great news Wes thanks for an update. Can't wait to see these videos and I hope so that you will expand this topic in future

Comment

Thank you for the update, Wes!
          Can't wait to watch the tutorial!
          Daniel Mihajlovic |Freelance 3D Artist | Showreel

Comment

Any news regarding the release of the series?

Comment

Yeah, any news Wes?

Comment

Bump******

Comment

i think we can bump this topic every day till we have the tutorial series
                  Game Designer @ Masked Pharaohs ..
                  I'm Providing Arabic Support For Any One ..

Comment

Hey guys,

We are hoping to have this available by Wednesday. Things are always a little crazy around here leading up to GDC, but that isn't an excuse. We apologize for the delay and are working on improving processes on our end to keep delays like this from happening in the future.
                    Unreal Engine Documentation
                    Bored? Follow me! @ffejnosliw

Comment

Jeff,
                      does this cover adding a dedicated server as well? I keep running into issues when getting it to work with dedicated servers so that part is kinda important - for dedicated servers you currently have to convert the project to c++ and code some overwrite classes in order to get the session. I think that is really the hard part when integrating Steam.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Wilson View Post
                        Hey guys,

We are hoping to have this available by Wednesday. Things are always a little crazy around here leading up to GDC, but that isn't an excuse. We apologize for the delay and are working on improving processes on our end to keep delays like this from happening in the future.
                        this is the best thing i read today, thnx Jeff
                        Game Designer @ Masked Pharaohs ..
                        I'm Providing Arabic Support For Any One ..

Comment

Good news! I'm counting the seconds

Comment

has this been done yet??

Comment

No news yet?

Comment

missed deadline Click image for larger version

Name:	Sad-Emote.png
Views:	1
Size:	720 Bytes