Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks a lot guys! I'll have a look at it right now *excited*

Comment

The 1st video in the series will show what we cover in the series. Now that we have this out there, we can move on to more advanced things as we didn't have a beginning-to-end series on getting players connected which is what I wanted to tackle first.

As I mentioned, let us know what you want to see and we'll try to cover it.

Comment

Great news Wes, thanks!
        Join the Unreal Engine community on Reddit! | Twitter: @ZioYuri78

Comment

It's out, yeah ! D: <3

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...KsRg6fpxWndZqZ
          The Farm - Visit us here !

https://twitter.com/playthefarm
          https://www.instagram.com/playthefarm/

Comment

I can't believe it we can finally watch these tutorials yoohoooooo
            ProBoon, Old-School FPS, Open Source & Tutorials
            Support Project Boon on Patreon

On Steam Soon, Click Below

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Bunn View Post
              The 1st video in the series will show what we cover in the series. Now that we have this out there, we can move on to more advanced things as we didn't have a beginning-to-end series on getting players connected which is what I wanted to tackle first.

Haya,

A tutorial on how to implement groups of players that can all travel to a game would be great. I'm assuming using online beacons are the way, but the documentation for it is confusing. Not 100% sure how I'd be able to set up a connection to a beacon from a matchmaking result and be able to reserve space on the host before we all attempt to travel.

We've tried some hacky solutions, but knowing the officially supported flow, even in brief, would be great.

Thanks much for the tutorials though! Super psyched to watch through them tonight.

Comment

@ Wes Bunn
                Can't thank you guys enough , you guys Unreal and Epic

Comment

Thank you so much, Wes! I can't believe that it's finally out!

Can we use this thread to provide some feedback for our wishes regarding the expansion of this series?

Best regards,
                  Daniel
                  Daniel Mihajlovic |Freelance 3D Artist | Showreel

Comment

For organization, I thought it best to create a new thread:

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...213#post565213

Feel free to throw any suggestions into that thread just so it is easier to keep track of them all.

Thanks!

-W

Comment

I will post here because mine is not a suggestion for expanded content but a feedback for actual content.

In video 21 at 28:05

you create a new array to store character images and use it to assign the image to the new selected character, but is not better if instead of create a new array you directly get the button brush from his normal style like this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	pCzBnYH.png
Views:	1
Size:	382.6 KB
ID:	1112359

in this way you not have to add a new element to the image array when you add a new button and you have more control on all stuff, for example if you change the image of a button you don't care to manage an extra array of images

Comment

Sorry for double post, only a complain about this series (and UMG tutorials in general), i always have problems with mouse focus, i always have to first click to get window focus and when i start the multiplayer map my camera not work because i have to set input mode to game only or game and ui but i always have problems,
                        Last edited by ZioYuri78; 07-22-2016, 09:06 AM.

Comment

can someone help me, im new at networking and dont get where should i work for now. i did everything step by step and now i added to 0_base character varialbes EG for health\thirst\hunger, so now how i should apply decay\restoring (pickups) and damage(projectiles) \ healing(pickups) effects to players?
                          EG every player has own health etc variables and they will decay \ restore(from pickups in inventory) and projectiles will damage them, so i know how did it in sigleplayer project with inventory, but not im MP =(

Comment

Originally posted by FFspro View Post
                            can someone help me, im new at networking and dont get where should i work for now. i did everything step by step and now i added to 0_base character varialbes EG for health\thirst\hunger, so now how i should apply decay\restoring (pickups) and damage(projectiles) \ healing(pickups) effects to players?
                            EG every player has own health etc variables and they will decay \ restore(from pickups in inventory) and projectiles will damage them, so i know how did it in sigleplayer project with inventory, but not im MP =(
                            Check out this link. I think this is what you're looking for to get started at least.

Comment

Originally posted by mrooney View Post
                              Check out this link. I think this is what you're looking for to get started at least.
                              And here another superuseful link Unreal Engine 4 Network Compendium.

Comment

Hey Daniel,

Appreciate the patience. Just wanted to jump in here and let you know that this has not been forgotten and has been something I have been working on in my spare time. The good news is that the project is complete and the video series had been recorded just before the holiday break. It is now in the hands of our video department for editing and should be released soon. I don't have a time frame of when, but the turn around for the team here to publish the videos is pretty quick.

The series is 21 videos from start to finish and will include the following topics:

- Server/Client connectivity.
                                - Host defined game options replicated to clients.
                                - Multiplayer Lobby setup with Chat System.
                                - Multiplayer Character Select.
                                - Player customization replicated across the network.
                                - Implementing the Steam Online Subsystem.

I hope to take this further once this initial chunk of Blueprint Networking content goes live.

I'm book marking this thread and will post here when I have an update in terms of release time frame.

Thanks,

-W
                                Wes, or anyone who can help,

Thanks for all of the great videos. You guys are killing it. I'm following the multiplayer blueprint series now and having some issues. Apparently so are several others. I hope you can help.

In video #11 you test the lobby. I have followed the series start to finish (up to this point) I believe accurately (accept using my own characters and avatars), and when I try to join a multiplayer game the host starts the session, the client finds the session and when I click accept to join I just get a black screen. The host does not see the client join. Occasional the client will see black screen indefinitely, and other times it will revert back to the main menu after about 10 seconds.

Do you have any idea what might be the problem? I realize you must get tons of messages like this and I know its time consuming. I apologize for adding to the pile. If you have a moment to offer some help it would be greatly appreciated.

I have packaged/ziped my project and hosted it online if you want to take a look and see if you can ID the problem I am having. Maybe I made a small error. I tried to follow to the t.

http://transcendere.net/gamedev/EchoNineHotel.zip is the url for the project.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

I would post some screens of my nodes and such but I wouldnt have any idea where to start.

Also ... I should mention I confirm I do get to the join session successfully when I click accept (after searching for a match). I added a print string node after the join session and I do see that print string in game.

I also recorded the experience on YouTube. here is a link to that video: https://youtu.be/KNfea_SmH4U

Best wishes.

Miguel

Comment

Working...
                                X