No announcement yet.

Required dependencies for UE4 games.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello. Im looking for this too. Any word on this?

Comment

When using the Project Launcher he doesn't include this UE4_Prereq... file, is there an option to do this?

Comment

Originally posted by DanDaDaDanDan View Post
        Good question -- I pinged some folks internally about this as I am not seeing UE4/Engine/Extras/Redist/en-us/UE4PrereqSetup.msi/exe as part of the launcher install. I haven't paid attention to this aspect in a while so the folks that deal with this will need to comment and correct me :-)

The TLDR on intent is that you shouldn't have to worry about the prerequisites and we should have an easy way for you to satisfy them on user machines.
        What are 4.19 pre requesites?
        Game crashes on clean machines when tested by Steam and included c++ 2015, net 4.5 and dx2010

Comment

Recent builds of the engine have the following requirements. It hasn't changed in some time, so it should apply to older versions of the engine too:
          XInput 1.3 (April 2007)
          X3DAudio 1.7 (February 2010)
          XAudio 2.7 (June 2010)
          D3D Compiler 4.3 (June 2010)
          D3DCSX 4.3 (June 2010)
          D3DX9 4.3 (June 2010)
          D3DX10 4.3 (June 2010)
          D3DX11 4.3 (June 2010)
          Also the Visual Studio 2015/2017 redist and universal CRT.

The notable things from that list are the XInput, X3DAudio, and XAudio dependencies. These aren't included in standard installations of DirectX (and aren't distributed with the OS by default), and have to be installed manually or distributed with the application.

For Fortnite, we use the "app local dependencies" option I mentioned earlier. All the files above are stored in Engine/Binaries/ThirdParty/AppLocalDependencies - they're just copied from subfolders under there next to the executable during packaging.

We have an updated docs page explaining this, but it seems to have got stuck in review before being published. I'll try to get that moved along.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Marsh View Post
            Recent builds of the engine have the following requirements. It hasn't changed in some time, so it should apply to older versions of the engine too:
            XInput 1.3 (April 2007)
            XAudio 2.7 (June 2010)
            D3DCSX 4.3 (June 2010)
            D3DX9 4.3 (June 2010)
            D3DX10 4.3 (June 2010)
            D3DX11 4.3 (June 2010)

The notable things from that list are the XInput, X3DAudio, and XAudio dependencies. These aren't included in standard installations of DirectX (and aren't distributed with the OS by default), and have to be installed manually or distributed with the application.

For Fortnite, we use the "app local dependencies" option I mentioned earlier. All the files above are stored in Engine/Binaries/ThirdParty/AppLocalDependencies - they're just copied from subfolders under there next to the executable during packaging.

We have an updated docs page explaining this, but it seems to have got stuck in review before being published. I'll try to get that moved along.
            Any chance we could get the name or a link to that Docs Page?

I just pulled down source build 4.22 and it appears that it is also missing the Redist folder. I'm using the same one from my own engine versions which seems to work, but I just want to make sure there have been no changes to UE4PrereqSetup_x86.exe or UE4PrereqSetup_64.exe within the past several releases.

Comment

XInput 1.3 (April 2007)
              XAudio 2.7 (June 2010)
              D3DCSX 4.3 (June 2010)
              D3DX9 4.3 (June 2010)
              D3DX10 4.3 (June 2010)
              D3DX11 4.3 (June 2010)

I tried checking the box for using the local dependencies and designated the folder specified above but the project.exe still throws the exception that it needs DirectX runtime. I am using the source code version of 4.19 and the build process does not throw any exceptions. Is there something specific I need to change about the build process in order to get it to work properly?

Comment

XInput 1.3 (April 2007)
                XAudio 2.7 (June 2010)
                D3DCSX 4.3 (June 2010)
                D3DX9 4.3 (June 2010)
                D3DX10 4.3 (June 2010)
                D3DX11 4.3 (June 2010)

Is there actually a way to get rid of those dependencies so that the users don't even need to install DirectX 9 runtime? I take it that XInput is there because of a controller support and X3DAudio1_7 has something to do with... well, audio. What if our app doesn't need either (it's not a game)?

Comment

Working...
                X