simple damage model.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

simple damage model.

this is my first time ever doing anything on here. ive had lots of ideas about different ways to have a system for damage in a game but its always a pain to code them. maybe have a simple tool in the game for different damage types and resistances and how they interact with each other? i mean being able to assign armor to reducing physical damage and how much of it is reduced.
    yes, damage management tool would be useful
    29.41%
    maybe, if it was free.
    5.88%
    i dont know what that is
    11.76%
    no
    52.94%

dont just vote and leave. comment why you are voting please.

Comment

imma bump this.

Comment

Could you point out what you are exactly looking for? There is already a system implemented for this Klick me.
        I guess resistances etc. are a very specific features of a game that are hard to implement ubiquitously.

Comment

well, for example, in league of legends all damage is decreased by a percentage that has diminished returns plus it has several types of damage sources that can be blocked or reduced by abilities. i want something that allows me to bring up an interface that deals with damage specifically where the entire line of modifiers are on a rail and i would like the option to apply those modifiers like in what order the damage is mitigated, penetration, how the particular damage applies to shields, different damage types and so on...

i want the option of both flat rate and percentage reduction.

because i want a game that allows me to design a suit of magical armor that handles microdamage well and when i need a bigger percentage reduction i can make a different suit. or even design a shield that handles railgun damage well but lasers are tricky. i want to be able to design my own weapons in the game engine and it does different kinds of damage depending on both design and settings.

at least that is what i want. i know simple is usually better but customization is the next big thing.

Comment

That's unlikely to be added to the engine since that is a very specific feature to the type of game that you want to create.

Comment

isnt the damage type can do a lot of those, i have no experience with it, but i saw ability to add functions ito them.

Comment

i dont want that specifically i want that to be an option. i want a broadly designed model that can be adapted to anything.

Comment

Originally posted by darthviper107 View Post
                  That's unlikely to be added to the engine since that is a very specific feature to the type of game that you want to create.
                  Agreed, I personally don't want it implemented, or UE4 will be Game Maker before ya' know it.
                  Marketplace Assets

Advanced Mobile Input: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Easy Input Remapping: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
                  Multiplayer Blueprint Chat System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Closing Credits System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
                  Minesweeper Template: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Maze Creator: Marketplace Page | Support Thread

Comment

There is everything you need in the engine already to create damage, and it's a good system.

Comment

no. it is not. its not a seperate module and you cannot modify the damage as you say you can. you have to do it in the coding and that is tedious.

Comment

so you dont want options? so that its more diverse? i mean really you are acting like a snobbish brat hipster here "i dont want it to have any similarities to that other community so, no."
                        go back to your coffee joint and get off this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by troytech View Post
                          so you dont want options? so that its more diverse? i mean really you are acting like a snobbish brat hipster here "i dont want it to have any similarities to that other community so, no."
                          go back to your coffee joint and get off this thread.
                          If someone doesn't think it should be added to the engine, that is their opinion, and you are on no ground to call them out like that (Especially when you have a poll asking them what they think). If I am making really any type of game that is not action-oriented (most games), I don't need damage like you described above, which is why it is rather a little too game-specific for Epic to add.
                          Marketplace Assets

Advanced Mobile Input: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Easy Input Remapping: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
                          Multiplayer Blueprint Chat System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Closing Credits System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
                          Minesweeper Template: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Maze Creator: Marketplace Page | Support Thread

Comment

Working...
                          X