Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone from unreal explain cook failures?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone from unreal explain cook failures?

I'm constantly getting cook failures because of this bug and in this case its your assets that are causing the failure.

PackagingResults:Error: Error Error Couldn't save package, filename is too long: C:/Users/User/Desktop/Unreal Creator my contant/Household Heroes/Final/ActionGameTemplate/Saved/Cooked/WindowsNoEditor/TP/Content/InfinityBladeGrassLands/Environments/Plains/Env_Plains_Statues/Textures/T_Plains_Man_Statue_N.uasset

Although on a side note thanks for the infinity assets. They are amazing.

Originally posted by tcla75 View Post
    I'm constantly getting cook failures because of this bug and in this case its your assets that are causing the failure.

PackagingResults:Error: Error Error Couldn't save package, filename is too long: C:/Users/User/Desktop/Unreal Creator my contant/Household Heroes/Final/ActionGameTemplate/Saved/Cooked/WindowsNoEditor/TP/Content/InfinityBladeGrassLands/Environments/Plains/Env_Plains_Statues/Textures/T_Plains_Man_Statue_N.uasset

Although on a side note thanks for the infinity assets. They are amazing.
    Hi tcla75,

Please post this to the answerhub in the packaging and deployment section so we can assist you more in depth. In your answerhub post, please include what type of device you are packaging to, what steps you are taking, which assets are specifically causing this error, and whether the error occurs in a clean, blank project with no additional content.
    Last edited by Adam Davis; 10-06-2015, 09:32 AM.
    Adam Davis | Marketplace Support | Epic Games
    How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues? | Answerhub Bug Reports | Twitter

Comment

Your filename is too long This is a limitation of the Windows NTFS filesystem (or - the API of Windows).

Move your project folder to "C:\<urprojectname>\" and you shouldn't have anymore problems.
      VR Shooter Guns - Arcade Shooter for Vive
      Unreal Meetup Franken - Unreal Engine 4 Meetup
      Hands for VR: Basic - For Vive and Oculus [Marketplace]
      Hands for VR: SciFi - For HTC Vive and Oculus Touch [Marketplace]

Comment

So does that mean that if I cook from a FAT32 drive I won't get that error?

Comment

No, you'll have the same problem.
          Just shorten your project path - move your project folder to c:\ to be sure, as I already said
          VR Shooter Guns - Arcade Shooter for Vive
          Unreal Meetup Franken - Unreal Engine 4 Meetup
          Hands for VR: Basic - For Vive and Oculus [Marketplace]
          Hands for VR: SciFi - For HTC Vive and Oculus Touch [Marketplace]

Comment

I have also faced the same problem, I have used Long Path Tool it helped me good. try it you problem may get solved.

Comment

This was post was extremely helpful.

Comment

Working...
              X