[Feature Request] OSC, MIDI, and Syphon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My pleasure!
    I didn't put my hands on 4.5 yet, so it is hard to say how hard it will be to maintain (I hope there is nothing to do actually !
    I definitely plan to support it anyway, as I will use it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by monsieurgustav View Post
      I released my OSC plugin here:
      https://github.com/monsieurgustav/UE4-OSC

It receives and sends OSC messages in Blueprints. It manages float, integer, bool and string parameters.

Right now, you must compile it yourself though...
      you sir, are my hero! thanks a lot, I can finally start migrating from unity.

Comment

Originally posted by Uninventive View Post
        I just published the first version of UE4OSC. It is a free, open-source plugin that allows Unreal Engine 4 to communicate send and receive OSC messages.

It has a page on the Unreal Engine Wiki, and is on GitHub.
        https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Ue4osc
        https://github.com/zachrkn/UE4OSC

It is has basic functionality at this point in time, but I will continue to expand it based on my own process and any feature requests I get.
        And thank you to you to sir!

Finally the osc ball is rolling! Any plans to add midi?

Comment

Edited message
          Last edited by killingzoe; 10-15-2014, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Can you give me a little hint on gustav´s plugin?

I managed to use succesfully the LocationSender (draggin it into the editor) but I can not find a way to do the same for LocationReceiver. I drag and drop, I am sending osc messages from openframeworks but nothing happe. Do I have to do something specific to listen to the messages?

Thanks for your help
            Last edited by killingzoe; 10-15-2014, 11:25 AM.

Comment

You might want to check the listening port in the plugin settings (default is 8000).
              Then you may look at the blueprint execution path (appears in red in the blueprint graph editor) to know if the problem comes from the OSC receiving, or something else.

Comment

Originally posted by rasamaya View Post
                Any plans to add midi?
                Sorry, I have no plan for that today.
                I believe it is quite easy to convert MIDI to OSC though.

Comment

Thanks for your reply

Port is checked and configured, same as the out port ( that works), about the execution path I have no sign for the on receive event, but if in the same blueprint I try to use the tick with the send function, everything works fine.

I am working under osx, might be an issue? For what I understood, I am connecting the on receive event to a popString, that I am trying to print on screen. Is there a different setup between the onReceive event and the send function?

Comment

I tested it on both Windows and MacOSX, "ping-ponging" a string value between systems, and it works...

Do not forget you need to bind the OscReceived event to either an OscReceiverComponent or a OscReceiverActor.
                    Alternatively, check if the provided examples work for you, there might be a clue from there.
                    Lastly, check the logs too. "OscLog" messages may help you.

Comment

I pushed 4.5 version of the plugin.

I started another thread to talk about this specific plugin :
                      https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?49627

Comment

with these tools, is there any way to drive animations of meshes or lights in unreal in real time using an Mp3, then output to DMX to drive real world lights ?

Comment

Hey monsieurgustav, any word on when multicast support will be implemented?

Thank you so much for this plugin, I use it it nearly every UE4 project I do!

Comment

Glad you like it !

I have no plan for multicast support yet. But it should not be a massive amount of work, so I'll look into it.

Post an issue on the Github:
                            https://github.com/monsieurgustav/UE4-OSC

Comment

Hi,
                              i want to use unreal for a fulldome 360° video project,
                              it's perfect, we just miss the syphon module to send the iamge to the warping software
                              please add to the next evolution
                              thanks
                              francois

Comment

Any news on the Midi implementation ?

Comment

Working...
                                X