Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[FEATURE REQUEST] Online Splitscreen?

Hi Epic,

will there be a Online Splitscreen Feature in the near Future? Maybe in 4.9?
    We tried to build one, but we still didnt get it.

I know that there are not much games out there who need this.
    But there are some :-) Like ours, which is in development.

Would be cool Epic.
    Otherwise please help out with our Online Splitscreen which is still bugy :-(
    https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...litscreen.html

Thank You,
    Gazu
    Last edited by Gazu; 08-14-2015, 03:23 PM.

Hi Guys,

we removed the Online Splitscreen Feature from our "To Do List" because we didn´t received any help to solve the online splitscreen feature
    Our last hope is now that maybe Epic will do something!
    Because our success is yours! Come on Guys, help us! Please!

Comment

Still need help with that

Comment

I think you could make online split screen by yourself, your idea is right, you just need to make a general gameplay and than add another split screen which is gonna imitate a remote player playing at the current game client. Keyword is IMMITATE, it doesnt need to be functional.

Comment

I will tell this my Blueprint Coder. I think that he will answer soon.
          Thank you Dude

Edit:
          The only thing i know is that the Server Hoster has no problems. But the Guy who joins the Server, he doesnt see the rotation of the enemys camera. Nothing happens
          He only see the Enemy but without any movement
          Also the camera is totaly wrong positioned. The Camera stays to far away.

But we want that you see your Enemy and how he rotates his camera and this is only happening to the server hoster.
          Last edited by Gazu; 08-14-2015, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Ue4 definitely needs better camera controls for setting up split screens, this would probably solve my stereoscopic 3d screen problem as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Gazu View Post
              I will tell this my Blueprint Coder. I think that he will answer soon.
              Thank you Dude

Edit:
              The only thing i know is that the Server Hoster has no problems. But the Guy who joins the Server, he doesnt see the rotation of the enemys camera. Nothing happens
              He only see the Enemy but without any movement
              Also the camera is totaly wrong positioned. The Camera stays to far away.

But we want that you see your Enemy and how he rotates his camera and this is only happening to the server hoster.
              sounds like networking issue, not a game engine

Comment

I think that he said that it works offline when he opens a game with 2 windows.
                But under Steam it doesn´t work

Comment

Working...
                X