No announcement yet.

It would be really nice to see support for different anti-aliasing types

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TAA could use some controlls. I really like smooth look of image but ghosting is super annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Maximum-Dev View Post
      I would personally prefer they improve the TAA before implementing new solutions. TAA can be very awesome if done properly. Star Wars Battlefront III also supports only FXAA and TAA, but that TAA, is far from this TAA. Same with Doom 2016.
      Having options would be cool, but yeah an improved TAA would be great. It's scary that even in their flagship products (Paragon) you can see issues with the TAA and rendering - just quickly switch characters (and move the orbit cam on the character selection screen I think also does it) around and watch the ghosting against the black/dark background. If it happens in their games, what chance do we have?

Comment

Originally posted by HateDread View Post
        Having options would be cool, but yeah an improved TAA would be great. It's scary that even in their flagship products (Paragon) you can see issues with the TAA and rendering - just quickly switch characters (and move the orbit cam on the character selection screen I think also does it) around and watch the ghosting against the black/dark background. If it happens in their games, what chance do we have?
        I have never looked at paragon yet. I was actually hoping they'd have improved TAA for their internal use on paragon and release it in an update later.
        Artstation
        Join the support channel
        Gumroad Store

Comment

why not add SMAA for middle quality AA? usually FXAA is low consumption AA, like -1 fps, I did'nt know how much require that in UE.

Comment

Originally posted by heartlessphil View Post
            I really like Epic's temporal AA but we need a solution to make high res shot use it correctly. I don't know if it's possible but it's a major bummer for my architectural renderings. Also, when you export a matinee frame by frame, TXAA is still not applied to each frames afaik... is there a solution?

Now I have 2 solutions, render with HRS 7-8 and downscale to 720-1080p (looks good but it's too small for quality prints)
            or...
            Render at 4k + higher screen percentage and hit print screen (on my 1440p monitor looks good but it's still too small for good prints)

And these solutions suck for matinee export...I have to rely on nvidia shadowplay.

I Wonder if we can force a type of AA that isn't temporal on ue4 via the nvidia control panel...that would probably still not work with HRS tho... :-(

I use overlay mods at gaming, like Mediator, Gem FX or Sweet FX. My favourite is Mediator. With that program you can add a clear SMAA, then you can capture screen (remember to turn off UE's AA). Also you can add an adjustable Luma Sharpen effect. A lot of people uses SMAA+Luma Sharpen with these mods.

Would be a nice idea to add an optional and adjustable sharpening filter to UE.

Another way is to add SSAA X4 using drivers. No matters if you have 10 fps when you want to capture screen. But again you must disable UE's AA for don't blurry the capture (and have no ghosting or white flickering borders with TAA or FXAA...)
            Last edited by crolus; 07-24-2016, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Maximum-Dev View Post
              I have never looked at paragon yet. I was actually hoping they'd have improved TAA for their internal use on paragon and release it in an update later.
              it's just blurry. All the people that I know personally IRL that played Paragon or UT disabled the TAA. it's just too blurry and distracting and them being fast-paced games make them prime candidates of where TAA fails. from the Paragon and UT forums I've seen some people hate it and some love it.
              it doesn't matter how much Epic loves their own TAA. the bottom line is that as a player you're forced to choose between blurry and gameplay-distracting graphics, or ugly graphics (as a number of features rely on TAA and have no fallback). unless you really like the TAA, but that seems far from being the majority of people
              Follow me on Twitter!
              Developer of Elium - Prison Escape
              Local Image-Based Lighting for UE4

Comment

Working...
              X