Answerhub spam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[COMMUNITY] Answerhub spam

Sorry if I am posting this in wrong area but it seems to be the only real place to contact someone who may care. Your answerhub has been hacked and is getting bot-spammed with thousands of Chinese (or Japanese) posts which appear to be for random universities across the globe. This is making it impossible to help or be helped on answerhub. Someone needs to attend to that site ASAP and fix the problem.
    RTS Tutorial Series: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ndrLDG__OAZs7Q

I don't see thousands, only a few dozen ones, I think helping others is still possible, there is only one new spam post every few minutes. Of course it's not nice, but it's not as bad as you describe
    Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
    Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

We are aware of them and i'm deleting those posts as i see them. Let us know if you see any spam posts older than 20min. and one of the mods will take care of it.

Thanks!
      FREE VR Drum Kit Project
      FREE Color LUT Collection
      FREE Physics Driven Spacecraft Project
      FREE GTA Style Vehicle Interaction
      Dynamic DoF(Depth of Field)
      Camera Crossfade

Comment

But it is. It started last night/early this morning. I went back 61 pages worth of spam before I ever saw a page of real posts. 61 pages multiplied by 30 entries per page equals 1830 and the spam was still continuing when I logged out plus the fact that it's continuing.... I did just go back to answerhub while writing this and it does appear that someone has got them removed because the first page has questions from an hour ago

Comment

Thanks Jacky, I just saw that many have just been taken down! You guys are awesome, thanks!

Comment

the same spammer again, seriously, I don't usually visit the answerhub but I think I might make an exception and give you a hand jacky if it gets out of hand considering what happened yesterday/this morning

Comment

The thing is, even though we mods are mostly from different time zones there are times that we all may be asleep/afk, so bear with us if you see spams sitting around for longer than 30min. Thinking about the old days we may have a heavier attack in the weekend but no need to freak out!

@smokey; you may have to take over in about 4 hours.
              FREE VR Drum Kit Project
              FREE Color LUT Collection
              FREE Physics Driven Spacecraft Project
              FREE GTA Style Vehicle Interaction
              Dynamic DoF(Depth of Field)
              Camera Crossfade

Comment

Hey mods.
                Looks like we have some spammers and trolls in the forums aswell.
                My antivirus fliped out when I clicked those links in my virtual machine. Please remove StarTrekCafe's post.
                Favorite Quotes:
                "History is indeed little more than the register of the crimes, follies and misfortunes of mankind." -Edward Gibbon
                "Whoever does not miss the Soviet Union has no heart. Whoever wants it back has no brain." -Vladimir Putin
                "No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair." -General George S. Patton.

Comment

New spam attack is right now?..

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Khusnutdinov View Post
                    New spam attack is right now?..
                    Yep, will take care of it right in a moment
                    Thx for the info.

Last edited by fighter5347; 08-02-2015, 06:26 AM.

Comment

I have just checked and we seem to be clear again. We'll be monitoring both here and AnswerHub ... stupid spammers.
                      Quinton Delpeche
                      Founder - Gobbo Games | Designer - The Colony 2174 (Board Game) | Developer - Riders of Asgard

Comment

Wanted to let you guys know that we are getting spammed again on answerhub.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jtsmith View Post
                          Wanted to let you guys know that we are getting spammed again on answerhub.
                          yep, its been happening everyday, its a very persistent spammer, they have been doing on the forum as well (at least you guys don't see that)

Comment

Its getting worse and worse, actually considering disabling email's from answerhub which is a shame because I like helping people and trough the emails I have the easiest time picking out which ones I can answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Luos View Post
                              Its getting worse and worse, actually considering disabling email's from answerhub which is a shame because I like helping people and trough the emails I have the easiest time picking out which ones I can answer.
                              Just disable emails for now, after they have stopped (epic is surely working on a solution), you can enable it again. Meanwhile, just take a look at the "recommended question" tab of answerhub

Comment

Working...
                              X