Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Feature Request] Per-component FOV and render layers

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Any update as to whether this might be something we get in UE4? Would be amazing!
    Check out my ★★★★★ UE4 plugin if you want to go fast!
    • Feedback Event Factory: Perfect for managing sounds, particle systems, force feedback, camera shakes, time dilation, animations & more...all within a single Blueprint!

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by rcdarcey View Post
      Any update as to whether this might be something we get in UE4? Would be amazing!
      Hi rcdarcey,

      Unfortunately both feature requests are currently backlogged as our resources are dedicated elsewhere at present. I don't have a timeframe of when they will be addressed.
      Adam Davis | Marketplace Support | Epic Games
      How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues? | Answerhub Bug Reports | Twitter

      Comment


        #18
        Is there any update on this? It's a pretty basic feature for UE4 to still be missing after 2 years, considering it was in UE3 and is standard in most other engines.

        The technique Unreal Tournament is using to get around 1P mesh clipping (i.e. making the 1P mesh tiny) is horribly hacky, and demonstrates the lack of any 'real' solution to this problem. UT3 used render layers for the same issue.
        PSX Shaders | Gangster Weapon Pack | Free Weapon Pack | Various Free Models

        Comment


          #19
          You can already have custom mesh fov via world displacement in the material.. isn't there already a function for this? not sure but it should be totally possible

          Render layers sounds awesome but it might be too expensive.

          4.10 Update! -> [Community Project] WIP Weather & Ocean Water Shader
          WIP Interactive Water Shader, WIP 2D Water Sim
          WIP FFT Ocean w/ Foam, Quad-tree Infinite Ocean LOD

          Comment


            #20
            No updates about this well...

            Backlogged since more than 2 years ago and counting...
            Last edited by Hevedy; 08-28-2016, 09:18 AM.
            Hevedy - Instance Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/hevedyinstances
            Hevedy - Image Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/imagetools

            Comment


              #21
              Please Epic add this... I really need the different FOV for the viewmodel
              Hevedy - Instance Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/hevedyinstances
              Hevedy - Image Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/imagetools

              Comment


                #22
                Bump Bump Bump
                Hevedy - Instance Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/hevedyinstances
                Hevedy - Image Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/imagetools

                Comment


                  #23
                  I'd love to have those features implemented.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Anything new regarding this feature? It's probably one of the oldest feature which ever existed in the game industry, so I'm surprised this hasn't been implemented in the first place.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      I would also really like to see this feature.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        https://trello.com/c/jxYdAb9F/518-fi...-scene-done-49

                        Could somene explain this post?

                        There are no info about this feature...

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Pretty sure it's this: https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...iniProjection/

                          Comment


                            #28
                            ^^ that seems to refer to something different

                            curious about this 4.9 change as well
                            Follow me on Twitter!
                            Developer of Elium - Prison Escape
                            Local Image-Based Lighting for UE4

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by Chosker View Post
                              ^^ that seems to refer to something different

                              curious about this 4.9 change as well
                              The panini projection was added in 4.9. The text at the bottom of the page says "Another way to use the panini projection is through a Material function outputing a world position offset to be pluged-in into the material's world position offset input pin. This actually what Unreal Tournament uses instead of rendering the weapon at a different FOV to fix the perspective projection distortions. You may want to have a look at it in the UT's github repository."

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by cyaoeu View Post
                                The panini projection was added in 4.9. The text at the bottom of the page says "Another way to use the panini projection is through a Material function outputing a world position offset to be pluged-in into the material's world position offset input pin. This actually what Unreal Tournament uses instead of rendering the weapon at a different FOV to fix the perspective projection distortions. You may want to have a look at it in the UT's github repository."
                                So... Anyone tried?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X