Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Valve could take a leaf out of the Epic playbook!
    Particularly the part about development transparency

Comment

Would be great if you guys could add a fighting game card on the game templates
      Last edited by Gosetsu; 06-10-2014, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FtH|Zhane View Post
        Would be great if you guys could add a fighting game card on the game templates
        Did you see this thread yet? https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...me-in-unreal-4
        Join us on IRC! We are on #unrealengine @ freenode.org

Comment

I've saw and read the thread already. I'm using the search function on a daily basis and so far I haven't found something which indicates the fighting game template will be added on the roadmap so I'm currently focusing on 3D modeling/texturing/rigging/animation in the mean time
          Last edited by Gosetsu; 06-10-2014, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Thank you Katie for the updates, you rock!!! So very excited about what is marked as coming soon. For documentation updates, is there a good place to watch for new material? I have a bunch of bookmarks now that I check every now and then, visually look for new items, but I'd feel silly (and grateful) to learn there was a better way. Mostly, just don't want to miss anything.

Comment

Originally posted by timconwell View Post
              For documentation updates, is there a good place to watch for new material?
              We're definitely trying to highlight new learning resources in the release notes - like in the 4.2 forum post. This includes new videos, new written documentation, and also any in-editor or project-based material. There are a lot of minor updates and fixes in the written docs that make it into each new release, too, so we'll keep working on ways to make it easier for you to find new and updated docs!

Comment

Originally posted by Lauren Ridge View Post
                We're definitely trying to highlight new learning resources in the release notes - like in the 4.2 forum post. This includes new videos, new written documentation, and also any in-editor or project-based material. There are a lot of minor updates and fixes in the written docs that make it into each new release, too, so we'll keep working on ways to make it easier for you to find new and updated docs!
                Thank you Lauren! Funny how I look forward to UE4 docs more than the next hot novel. It's like some kind of beautiful game dev poetry

Comment

Cannot wait for more UE4 video tutorials. I watched and love them all
                  STONE RAGE
                  StoneRage Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/640860/Stone_Rage/
                  https://stoneragegame.com/

Comment

I noticed Light Propagation Volumes was downgraded to the wishlist. Does this mean the feature is complete, or no longer being worked on? It used to say July, and I sincerely hope it has not been scrapped.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanO'Connor View Post
                      I noticed Light Propagation Volumes was downgraded to the wishlist. Does this mean the feature is complete, or no longer being worked on? It used to say July, and I sincerely hope it has not been scrapped.
                      Wishlist isn't really the right term but we have pushed it to the backlog for now due to other pressing priorities. Lionhead is still hard at work improving LPV and we will continue to integrate improvements they make.
                      Nick Penwarden, Lead Programmer @ Epic Games

Comment

Also, let me clarify that LPV is still available and we are not abandoning it, we have just put further improvements on the backlog.
                        Nick Penwarden, Lead Programmer @ Epic Games

Comment

Hey guys, I would really like to see some more complete documentation on the online game subsystems. I am trying to create a online game that could really benefit from these. I know that there is the shooter game demo, but that is a little bit too complicated for me right now.

Thanks in advance!!

Comment

Originally posted by GuapoTaco101 View Post
                            Hey guys, I would really like to see some more complete documentation on the online game subsystems. I am trying to create a online game that could really benefit from these. I know that there is the shooter game demo, but that is a little bit too complicated for me right now.

Thanks in advance!!
                            We're working on documentation over the OnlineSubsystem currently! Parts of it will hopefully start to roll out over the next few weeks with more to follow in the coming months. It's possible we may have a live stream over it as well.

What parts are you having the most trouble with? It would help to know where to focus attention initially.
                            Unreal Engine Documentation
                            Bored? Follow me! @ffejnosliw

Comment

Guys... PLEASE...

I have seen that you pushed the C++ Gameplay Programming Reference from MAY to AUGUST, also changed the card's name and it got downvoted (from 200+ to 69 votes now)! TT

Some of us are waiting for this since the engine release, it's being hard finding answers on the Hub, Forums or until Google since tha vast majority from articles/answers/samples are BP targeted.
                              VIDA - U4 Indie Goth Horror Game
                              Project Thread

Comment

Hi creasso - Working on the gameplay programming reference is going to be an ongoing effort, but you definitely won't have to wait until August for all of it! Some early work there is in the new Gameplay section, which will have examples for C++ as well as Blueprints, when applicable.

We have the Intro Programming videos that should be out soon and cover creating classes, functions, and variables, setting up class interactions, and even a HUD in Canvas. The code from that project will also be incorporated as examples in the written documentation, and we'll keep adding more information in both the Programming and Gameplay areas.

The reason for the votes being down on that card was just that it got split up from the Gameplay Overviews and Examples, because I wanted to be a little clearer on what each one entailed. We definitely still consider all the previous votes too.

Comment

Working...
                                X