Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UE4 Roadmap

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #76
    Originally posted by Alex3d View Post
    I am not complaining about that thread being closed. I was making a point about a feature that, just looking at the views it had, that a lot of people have some interess on it. And it doesn't even appear on the roadmap. Come on! A thread with more than 4000 views should at least give you guys some hint. You could add this inside the road map, and see how people would vote there. That is all I ask!
    Also, a road editor, is a tool that you may say at first: "Nah, we don't need this!" But after implemented, you would use it all the time.
    FYI, we re-opened the thread

    You could add this inside the road map, and see how people would vote there.
    You mean as a backlog task? We can probably do that -- let me check.

    Comment


      #77
      Hey Epic, any chance we can get some info on the (potentially) up-and-coming forward renderer? I've seen it on the Roadmap, and it has some hella-strict looking deadlines by the look of it :/

      Maybe a twitch stream about it? We're still struggling with some shader implementations Foliage is the worst offender right now!

      Comment


        #78
        Originally posted by larryweya View Post
        Great to have the roadmap open to all but I'm disappointed there is no mention of the Windows 8 Phone, not even in the wishlist.
        Definitely. This is the Achilles heal for UE4 as far as mobile is concerned right now. They are supporting plenty of backward looking OS (old PCs) and niche stuff but leave out something that's actually going to grow and would pay as a developer to get software out for now while the App store is relatively clutter free (vs apple/google).

        Windows Phone 8 rocks, 8.1 is even better - it's sad if UE4 doesn't make it, and preferably THIS year.

        Comment


          #79
          Originally posted by Sharpfish View Post
          Definitely. This is the Achilles heal for UE4 as far as mobile is concerned right now. They are supporting plenty of backward looking OS (old PCs) and niche stuff but leave out something that's actually going to grow and would pay as a developer to get software out for now while the App store is relatively clutter free (vs apple/google).

          Windows Phone 8 rocks, 8.1 is even better - it's sad if UE4 doesn't make it, and preferably THIS year.
          +1 Windows Phone has great potential and is severely underestimated.

          Comment


            #80
            The project I've got on my plate involves all AI movement, no player controlled character just camera following and reacting to events on screen. More or less moving on to think about non AI parts of the project right now, but the proposed AI items on the roadmap are making me drool. Restraining myself from begging on putting those on the "officially planned" tags (But I suppose I just did, didn't I?)

            So, any chance we might add some documentation on movement in general to the list? See that AI/Navmesh is on the Documentation list, but would also be interested in pawn movement in general. Say along a custom path not navmesh based. Such as in an array of points, or curves/splines to follow. (Perhaps it's there but my terminology doesn't match up)

            Comment


              #81
              Can you add Turn Based Strategy to your list of Game Templates to make?
              Map Generator 1.0
              Map Generator 2.0
              Map Generator 3.0

              Comment


                #82
                Originally posted by timconwell View Post
                The project I've got on my plate involves all AI movement, no player controlled character just camera following and reacting to events on screen. More or less moving on to think about non AI parts of the project right now, but the proposed AI items on the roadmap are making me drool. Restraining myself from begging on putting those on the "officially planned" tags (But I suppose I just did, didn't I?)

                So, any chance we might add some documentation on movement in general to the list? See that AI/Navmesh is on the Documentation list, but would also be interested in pawn movement in general. Say along a custom path not navmesh based. Such as in an array of points, or curves/splines to follow. (Perhaps it's there but my terminology doesn't match up)
                I've added the doc request, thanks for surfacing. We're still working out timeline on the AI features but will have more insight shortly. Most of that AI work is being driven by Fortnite at the moment and we're working on streamlining the process for those features readily available to everyone (along with documentation and tutorials).

                Comment


                  #83
                  Originally posted by Zeustiak View Post
                  Can you add Turn Based Strategy to your list of Game Templates to make?
                  Of course! Done. Now I want to go make a roguelike in UE4...

                  Comment


                    #84
                    @Epic Games:
                    Please, I NEED Dynamic Fracturing to port my game from Unity to UE4;
                    Anything close to this is enough to hook me into UE4 singing songs about you to my children till my last day on earth:

                    (slicing system from 0:33)
                    | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

                    Comment


                      #85
                      Originally posted by Ray Davis View Post
                      I've added the doc request, thanks for surfacing. We're still working out timeline on the AI features but will have more insight shortly. Most of that AI work is being driven by Fortnite at the moment and we're working on streamlining the process for those features readily available to everyone (along with documentation and tutorials).
                      Many thanks I look forward to it, and to Fortnite. That looks really entertaining!

                      Comment


                        #86
                        Originally posted by Ray Davis View Post
                        Of course! Done. Now I want to go make a roguelike in UE4...
                        Thanks! Glad to see I wasn't even the first one to put a vote into it!
                        Map Generator 1.0
                        Map Generator 2.0
                        Map Generator 3.0

                        Comment


                          #87
                          Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
                          @Epic Games:
                          Please, I NEED Dynamic Fracturing to port my game from Unity to UE4;
                          Anything close to this is enough to hook me into UE4 singing songs about you to my children till my last day on earth:

                          (slicing system from 0:33)
                          Yep! We're definitely talking about this - hopefully James or Ori will chime in with more info soon.

                          Comment


                            #88
                            Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
                            Please, I NEED Dynamic Fracturing to port my game from Unity to UE4
                            Don't you mean some form of slicing though? As far as I know, dynamic fracturing would mean, that you could fracture a mesh at runtime, instead of just in the editor, i.e. calculate the random chunks of a destructible at runtime.

                            I would love to see Dynamic Fracturing as well. Right now, I don't think you can have procedurally generated destructible meshes.
                            Join us on IRC! We are on #unrealengine @ freenode.org

                            Comment


                              #89
                              Originally posted by Bajee View Post
                              Don't you mean some form of slicing though? As far as I know, dynamic fracturing would mean, that you could fracture a mesh at runtime, instead of just in the editor, i.e. calculate the random chunks of a destructible at runtime.

                              I would love to see Dynamic Fracturing as well. Right now, I don't think you can have procedurally generated destructible meshes.
                              Yes, if they come up with a easy way to slice objects and add rigid body to the pieces would be 100% what I need.
                              This is kinda easy to do in Unity with C#; don't even need source code access; but I am ultra noob in Unreal fields and have no idea where/how to do it here. So if in the end all I can come with is shattering and not slicing, I hope players don't be mad at me :B
                              Anyways, I want to move away from Unity because it has many other annoying problems and my projec is better aimed at the toolset UE4 already provides. Is just this one feature I don't have out of the box.
                              Last edited by BrUnO XaVIeR; 05-30-2014, 06:38 AM.
                              | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

                              Comment


                                #90
                                I love Epics transparency. Please keep it up towards us indies

                                Loving it!
                                STONE RAGE
                                StoneRage Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/640860/Stone_Rage/
                                https://stoneragegame.com/

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X