X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maximum-Dev View Post

5.5 is out.
    5.6 is next release. Everything they're going to be working on for it is already listed there since the start, they only mark them finished/delayed/at risk. (It's pretty much all green atm with a few A.I features delayed).
    Dev is future releases.

Back on topic, I think it's either Epic decides to work on features on the fly without any proper planning, hence, they can't put much on roadmap. Or, upcoming features are for some reason so super secret they don't intend to reveal as they start working on them, Or, they don't have someone populating the roadmap properly, adds cards whenever they remember to add cards, Or, ... I don't know. None of it makes sense but they're operating somewhere along those lines and that is what it is.
    Epic is just lazy about this kinda stuff

Comment

Reroute node in animgraph would be usefull
      Thanks

Comment

Please Epic give the roadmap a complete overhaul! Especially the future releases section is outdated and not showing what's to come but rather what's already there.
        Last edited by The_Distiller; 11-15-2018, 02:27 PM.
        ArtStation

Comment

Fancy lighting and rendering is all great but it isn't worth much when the small stuff is all broken. Dig deeper into any feature in the engine and its all band aid solutions. For instance, the keyboard/gamepad navigation in UMG is garbage. Mouse navigation works but as soon as you use the gamepad the button images don't update properly. Hover image doesn't apply to the pressed event, there is no place to set a pressed event button style. Its just missing so much basic stuff. Please fix this!!

Comment

Roadmap was updated last time at 11/19. 4.21 still isn't renamed as released.
            Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation
            And random stuff at Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by YuriNK View Post
              Roadmap was updated last time at 11/19. 4.21 still isn't renamed as released.
              At this point we can probably forget about roadmap due to Fortnite and Epic Game Store..

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post

At this point we can probably forget about roadmap due to Fortnite and Epic Game Store..
                I wouldn't be surprised if they delay 4.22 after Q1 2019. There are no tasks for it, "Future releases" board wasn't updated for a long time either.
                Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if they delay 4.22 after Q1 2019. There are no tasks for it, "Future releases" board wasn't updated for a long time either.
                  4.22 was never on the 2018 roadmap

Comment

4.22 was never on the 2018 roadmap
                    It's not named "2018 roadmap", it's "UE4 roadmap".

Comment

It's not named "2018 roadmap", it's "UE4 roadmap".
                      Don't tell me you didn't see this card https://trello.com/c/UA40A4XN

Comment

Don't tell me you didn't see this card https://trello.com/c/UA40A4XN
                        Are you going to argue that they only was going to release once per quarter in 2018? It's not true, the history proves that. And they never said it's a schedule for 2018 only.

Comment

Kalvothe Amanda.Bott

Do you happen to know if UE4 2019 roadmap coming soon to Trello ?

Comment

Unreal roadmap is very special, it only shows the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeblote View Post
                              Unreal roadmap is very special, it only shows the past.
                              Yea I loved that after the release of 4.21 they have added a bunch of new cards to "Done in 4.21" which didn't even exist before... the roadmap is entirely useless in its current state and probably will stay like this for a few more years
                              LinkedIn, Engine Contributions
                              Polars (WIP), Game Jam Projects
                              Marketplace: Viewport Utilities, Blueprint Streams, Control Structures

Comment

Well it would help if we had a centralized post/page or whatever where we could talk about the Unreal roadmap. As it stands there are so many different sources of information regarding suggestions for the engine (Answer hub, this forum, github, discord you name it etc etc) I'm sure it is a nightmare to keep track off all that.
                                Hotgates

Comment

Working...
                                X