Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UE4 Roadmap

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Giinyiz View Post
    I Have a quick Request that wil be a joy regarding the New Cloth System.

    Can you PLEASE apply an option to update the physics asset for an existing cloth asset? Also anytime i i remove a cloth asset, the random character pieces suddenly stretch some vertexes down to the origin zero. Weird buggy thingy.
    Cheers.
    The physics asset will be changing to just reference the object so we can extract updated bodies at spawn-time. That will be in place when we move out of experimental status for that tool.
    Animation and Physics Programmer, UE4, Epic Games

    Comment


      Hey all,

      Thanks again for all of the thoughts and concerns regarding the roadmap. We've had a lot of conversations here at Epic and have began to make adjustments. Now, you'll find other larger initatives we're tackling in a "Future Releases" section. On top of that, we're adding a card that links over to the bugs that are marked fixed for each version, so you can see what's on the way. We've also added rough timelines in which you can expect each release to drop so you know when to expect each major release from us.

      As we prepare 4.16 for public release (hopefully soon!), you should start to see more meat come to the bones of the 4.17 release as the weeks go on afterwards.

      Thanks again for your input, and keep an eye out on the roadmap for more updates!
      Let's Connect [Twitter]

      Comment


        Ah thats much better, just had a look, thanks for listening!

        I wonder if there is some way to indicate which future features are actually already available in preview/experimental form - eg Unreal Audio is not ready to be the default in 4.16 but it is there as a preview but you wouldnt know it from looking at that roadmap.

        Comment


          Very nice roadmap. Thanks!

          Comment


            If I could ask for one thing. It would be that when importing a model into UE4. The material goes into the material folder, and texture goes into the texture folder.
            I'm not sure if there's a setting somewhere I missed, but it may already be there.
            If I could ask for a second thing it would be an option to resize an image.
            As sometimes I've gotten things from marketplace, and there are very small items with 1.5 gb of non necessary weight to them.
            Easier installation on Ubuntu/Linux. Would get you a Darden gift card for dinner. Olive Garden, Longhorn, Bahama Breeze, Seasons 32, Yard House, or Red Lobster. MY TREAT!!!! Make it happen

            Comment


              Question, why bother with percentage closer soft shadows? They look horrible and are high end only. Might as well work on dynamically animated signed distance fields so SDF shadows can work on skinned meshes as well as static. It'll look ten times better and run on the same hardware targets, not to mention offer support for dynamic GI on the same meshes as well.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Frenetic Pony View Post
                Question, why bother with percentage closer soft shadows? They look horrible and are high end only. Might as well work on dynamically animated signed distance fields so SDF shadows can work on skinned meshes as well as static. It'll look ten times better and run on the same hardware targets, not to mention offer support for dynamic GI on the same meshes as well.
                Agreed. It's so outdated that I don't know why it is even here.
                Why just not use HFTS, which looks like 2x times better than anything else except ray traced shadows..
                https://github.com/iniside/ActionRPGGame - Action RPG Starter kit. Work in Progress. You can use it in whatever way you wish.

                Comment


                  ^ Agreed. Would like to hear what's the reason for such moves.
                  Artstation
                  Join the support channel
                  Gumroad Store

                  Comment


                    Is there a way to enable PCSS on master branch? (I guess by a console command)

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by overfuze View Post
                      Is there a way to enable PCSS on master branch? (I guess by a console command)
                      r.Shadow.FilterMethod 1

                      Comment


                        [MENTION=1124]Zeblote[/MENTION], thank you. Im not amazed by PCSS so far, I tought they would be MUCH softer. I agree with [MENTION=5516]Frenetic Pony[/MENTION] and [MENTION=80]iniside[/MENTION].

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Chance Ivey View Post
                          Hey all,
                          As we prepare 4.16 for public release (hopefully soon!), you should start to see more meat come to the bones of the 4.17 release as the weeks go on afterwards.

                          Thanks again for your input, and keep an eye out on the roadmap for more updates!
                          What's is a chance of updating roadmap now?
                          Nothing changed in month. It's OK, if simply there's no new features in engine yet :P
                          Last edited by Moth Doctor; 06-21-2017, 06:51 AM.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by kjustynski View Post
                            What's is a chance of updating roadmap now?
                            Nothing changed in month. It's OK, if simply there's no new features in engine yet :P
                            Howdy kjustynski! Chances are good.

                            We've actually been gradually adding features to the roadmap over the past few weeks. It's been more of a slow trickle than one of the really huge updates though, so these smaller additions may have flown under the radar.

                            We expect update activity to increase as we get closer to 4.17's release, so please continue to keep an eye on the roadmap for new features.

                            Thanks for posting!

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by CharlesE View Post
                              Howdy kjustynski! Chances are good.

                              We've actually been gradually adding features to the roadmap over the past few weeks. It's been more of a slow trickle than one of the really huge updates though, so these smaller additions may have flown under the radar.

                              We expect update activity to increase as we get closer to 4.17's release, so please continue to keep an eye on the roadmap for new features.

                              Thanks for posting!
                              Initially the new roadmap was supposed to be updated once a month but since edits to the Roadmap are happening on a more random basis would it be possible to also write the updates here on this thread as well? So we wouldn't have to take a look now and then and try to see what's added/removed/edited.
                              Artstation
                              Join the support channel
                              Gumroad Store

                              Comment


                                I am VERY dissapointed with the change made to the Roadmap.

                                I really don't understand why you would change a system that was working well, unless it was done on purpose..

                                If you wanted people to not visit the Roadmap anymore, you've managed to do that. I, for one, don't visit it anymore as there's no useful info in it.

                                As others have said, that's not a Roadmap!

                                If somebody is listening, please do something about this. I'm starting to lose faith in Epic..

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X