This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all.

Just a follow-up that the roadmap has been updated.

Cheers
    Stephen Ellis | Senior Engine Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
      Hi all.

Cheers
      What happened to the scripting language?

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
        Hi all.

Cheers
        Some stuff has been updated, but most of it is not changed. Just look at how many cards still exist that have the january label. If the roadmap would have been really updated, not a single january label would exist any more.
        Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
        Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Some stuff has been updated, but most of it is not changed
          Yupp..

Entire AI category is still backlogged and blueprints doesnt have any further cards at all...

Comment

Originally posted by KVogler View Post
            Yupp..

Entire AI category is still backlogged and blueprints doesnt have any further cards at all...
            Same for rendering.
            ArtStation - Portfolio

Comment

Same for rendering.
              Hmmm. When I look, I find a lot of in-progress cards. Some even extending to April ..

Comment

I meant no mid-term rendering feature goals were added, everything but one is within a one month time frame.
                ArtStation - Portfolio

Comment

Physical units for directional and sky light have been on the to-do since July. It's almost getting 8 months. I'm wondering what those labels actually mean...

Comment

Physical units for directional and sky light have been on the to-do since July. It's almost getting 8 months. I'm wondering what those labels actually mean...
                    I guess things would go faster if we would live in a world without GDC

Comment

Originally posted by KVogler View Post
                      I guess things would go faster if we would live in a world without GDC
                      GDC is not really the case at all.

Comment

Roadmap Update

Hi Everyone!

The next roadmap update is landing in early April, and we are skipping an update during March.

We apologize for this delay and would like to be transparent with you about why we are doing this:
                        1. To give you a meaningful update with current information.
                          GDC can alter our teams' development roadmaps, so we would rather supply you with a more realistic update in April than give you unrepresentative information now.

2. Curating information will take longer than usual because teams need time to regroup post conference.

Again, we apologize for the delay, but please look forward to the invigorating update in April!

Cheers

Comment

How i could name this? Asynchronous shadows, AO and reflections?

I'd like an option for dynamic shadows actuallization out of frame loop. Like the dragon's shadow in dark souls, that must run about 5 or 15 fps
                          This should be "1/2 actualization frecuency, 1/4, sync every frame"

Useful for sandboxes in mobiles but in pc usually shadows are the first option for downgrade. It should help too for 60 fps rate.

Same with reflections like in pc's Forza with the mirrors at 30 fps while the game runs at 60.

I pressume that could cause frame pacing if simply skip in a frame and run at next frame, so must be partially processed every frame, but i am no programmer.

Sould be even better with distance option like LOD. As example in a MGS style game the near shadows of your character and enemies are important for know about your visibility but far shadows can run at 15 fps
                          Last edited by crolus; 03-10-2017, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Could we please have a better native 3D path finding system for flying AI and enemy's
                            http://www.unrealengine.com/marketpl...rtual-grenades
                            https://www.artstation.com/alphawolf
                            https://www.youtube.com/user/AlphaWoIFuk/videos

Comment

I have a small Roadmap Update request. More info on this:

Twitch stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nshHCycft4A&t=5126s
                              @1:25:30
                              @Mieszko

Mieszko says he is working on something for 4.17. Sounds like its something from Paragon. I could really use the system that got those lane creeps working right. (RVO or Detour Crowds is not really going to do it, honestly). Hoping for some info on that. Thanks!
                              Last edited by GameMaster79; 03-26-2017, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Hierarchical Task Planner. It's already on github.
                                https://github.com/iniside/ActionRPGGame - Action RPG Starter kit. Work in Progress. You can use it in whatever way you wish.

Comment

Working...
                                X