Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick feedback for D3D12 implementation: didn't see any check if the device is VPAndRTArrayIndexFromAnyShaderFeedingRasterizerSupportedWithoutGSEmulation capable (that's not a joke, it's a cap-bit). Avoid dummy GS for scenarios such tessellation could speed-up most of devices supporting this capability (or OpenGL extensions versions like GL_AMD_vertex_shader_viewport_index and other IHVs' equivalent extensions). For devices not supporting VPAndRTArrayIndexFromAnyShaderFeedingRasterizerSupportedWithoutGSEmulation, a dummy geometry shader is created by the driver, so profiling is needed to see if a different path with an explicit GS could be a better solution.
    Last edited by Alessiot89; 11-15-2015, 07:21 AM.

Comment

You need to update those colours again so that green = this month, yellow = next month, orange = the month after etc ;-)

Comment

Perhaps this is planned or exists already but I haven't seen it.

I would like to be able to customize the text in array listings so that it is easy to browse to specific subobjects (easiest approach is to provide a "name property" within the class contained by the array). I would also like support for typical tree browsing controls - for instance ctrl up and down to rearrange items in the array.

A bit more detail on the array naming request here.

Thanks!!

Comment

There are some really good cards for VR, except November is almost over, and I wonder if November VR cards will be accomplished this year :/

I also wonder why isn't bringing Oculus Mobile 1.0.0 and Oculus Audio SDK 1.0.0 have cards neither in VR list nor in Platforms list. There are are a lot of new features, native screen capture specifically, that would only work with apps/games built against 1.0.0 Mobile SDK. UE4 still has 0.6 SDK :/

Additionally, spatialized audio performance optimizations are in 1.0.0 Audio SDK, which was released a while back, and yet UE 4 still doesn't have that

Thanks.

Comment

Hi what about Niagara? when its be done?

Comment

It was mentioned in another post that there where no plans to develop the Epic Games Launcher on Linux anytime soon..

Any chance the Epic Games Launcher source could get rolled into the UE4 repo or made its own repo on GitHub, and just allow the Linux Developers to build it themselves like they do the Editor? It would be useful to have direct access to the marketplace from the Linux Platform.

Thanks !

Comment

Any estimated release date available for 4.11? I need to rewrite a project and I would like to do it directly with the latest version
                Last edited by MaxiHori; 02-28-2016, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Then just use 4.11 now. It's actually quite stable, I use the 4.11P5 for the last 2 weeks now and it's really not bad. Not more crashes than in 4.10. But why do you want to work with the latest version? You could just rewrite it in 4.10 and then later switch to 4.11, that's just one click.
                  Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
                  Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
                    Then just use 4.11 now. It's actually quite stable, I use the 4.11P5 for the last 2 weeks now and it's really not bad. Not more crashes than in 4.10. But why do you want to work with the latest version? You could just rewrite it in 4.10 and then later switch to 4.11, that's just one click.
                    I need to always have a working build so preview is not an option,
                    I don't know if is worth to rewrite it now in 4.10 cause maybe in a month 4.11 will be released and I would like to avoid the waste of the switching/testing process.

Comment

4.11 is officially expected for end of March

Edit : see announcement of 4.11 preview 6 by Stephen Ellis :
                      The official 4.11 Release is currently expected to occur around the end of March.
                      Last edited by SRombauts; 02-29-2016, 07:28 AM.
                      [Gamedev programmer at Darewise (Paris) - We are hiring]
                      UE4 Git LFS 2.x Source Control Plugin 2.14-beta for UE4.23 - (v1 integrated by default since UE4.7)
                      UE4 Plastic SCM Source Control Plugin 1.4.6 for UE4.23 - (integrated by default in Beta status since UE4.24)

Comment

Originally posted by SRombauts View Post
                        4.11 is officially expected for end of March (from another thread)
                        thank you very much

Comment

Unfair engine.

Originally posted by amhagan View Post
                          It was mentioned in another post that there where no plans to develop the Epic Games Launcher on Linux anytime soon..
                          Regarding this topic. This is what happened:

Epic games first launched the Trello Roadmap for everyone to see the areas of development of the engine, and be able to vote which areas must be priorized over others.
                          The epic launcher for linux realeases as one of the areas in the roadmap and achieves a high amount of votes. Therefore and democratically, Epic must pay attention to this area.
                          There was an estimated time for this area since Epic had to pay attention to it, due to the high amount of achieved votes.
                          The deadline was reached (i think I remember it was october of 2015, if I recall well). The launcher was not released.
                          Some more months passed. The launcher still had several more votes than most other areas, and still remained unreleased.
                          The linux launcher then, was completly removed from the roadmap.... Ha!

So,we are not able to see it anymore, nor able to vote on this anymore...

Seeing this progression of facts, one feels very bad about it (it was like a kick on the stomach), and a lot of people on the linux community had very bad feelings for this behaviour!.

I will stick with Unreal Engine. Their price policy and openess of the engine is very fair, but Epic should listen to their users. I mean, how can you put a public roadmap for people to vote on topics that must be done, then ignore the voting results? This is not the way to go Epic. Definetly this is not fair, nor consistent with the voting system themselves have done.
                          Last edited by TheMoli_23; 03-01-2016, 07:52 PM.

Comment

I have a big wishlist:
                            -Proper hierarchy and pivot points
                            -Mesh colliders with prefix (like for UCXes)
                            -Mesh LODs with prefix (like Unity)
                            -Objects animations
                            -Vertex animations
                            -Automatic lightmaps assignment for composed meshes, and not limited to only one
                            -Better vertex snapping inside of editor
                            -Node wire pins in material editor like we have in blueprints
                            -Materials Layering
                            -Opaque glass material
                            -Shadows from translucent materials (even like from cutout only and very approximated - you can see that in Stingray Engine already)
                            -Cloth Editor
                            -System for character skeleton definition (like Unity Mecanim Humanoid, but customizable)
                            -Character Root Motion template
                            -NPC AIs examples for all templates
                            -HUDs examples for all templates
                            -River and cascades tool
                            -Day timelapse and weather with rain and snow ready to use, properly integrated with Editor + no rain, wind or snow volumes (for interiors)
                            -Vector field editor for particles

Those things would make us all soooo happy
                            Last edited by dzodzu; 03-02-2016, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Dynamic Planetary Terrain:

This which is already in UE4 but combined with this from Unity....
                              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              What are the BEST Unreal Tutorials / Docs? There are none tbh... Here's why
                              Instead its better to just take projects apart (see the free 'creators' listed here)

Comment

How about texture array support? From what I can tell, the engine already supports them, they just haven't been exposed to the editor yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X