Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I think an improvement in the HTML5 packaging process would be great to reduce the resulting size of the package. imho, currently a lot of unnecessary stuff is referenced in the final files (see e.g. https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...kage-size.html)

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Davis View Post
      Hey there, I wanted to let everyone know we're updating engine planning this week so expect the monthly roadmap updates soon!
      Nice!

Thanks for the heads up

Comment

Hey there, I wanted to let everyone know we're updating engine planning this week so expect the monthly roadmap updates soon!
        any chance the 2D roadmap to be updated aswell?
        WIP Save the princess !
        https://twitter.com/stp_the_game

Comment

Can you add Vulkan api to roadmap ?

Comment

You haven't updated the roadmap on Trello for a month already. Are you hiding something from us, Epic?

Comment

Originally posted by dunenkoff View Post
              You haven't updated the roadmap on Trello for a month already. Are you hiding something from us, Epic?
              No hiding I swear! Things bit held up with GDC and making sure we're ironing out the remaining major issues with 4.7. I hope to start sharing our current thinking on the 4.8 release in the coming weeks, both in our release plans along with the key areas of development we're focusing on.

Comment

No hiding I swear! Things bit held up with GDC and making sure we're ironing out the remaining major issues with 4.7. I hope to start sharing our current thinking on the 4.8 release in the coming weeks, both in our release plans along with the key areas of development we're focusing on.
                No Worries Ray. We realize how hard it is to maintain an engine with as many features as UE4 provides us developers. Keep up the good work. I am looking forward to seeing those new "Large world" features that you've mentioned would be coming our way soon.

BTW, GDC was pretty cool. I spent a bit of my time at your both and thought that you guys did a really great job putting all that together. The "Hobbit" demo was truly amazing.

Comment

It would be great if we could fill an array with data based on an image/texture file. Using blueprint.

From: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...s-in-blueprint
                  Map Generator 1.0
                  Map Generator 2.0
                  Map Generator 3.0

Comment

Originally posted by Zeustiak View Post
                    It would be great if we could fill an array with data based on an image/texture file. Using blueprint.

From: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...s-in-blueprint
                    ...and to create texture2d from an array e.g. for creating debugging materials for custom pathfinder and AI systems. at least for me
                    Edge of Chaos RTS
                    "Age of Total Heroes" - RTS Pathfinding and Movement System for UE4
                    RTS Camera C++ Tutorial

Comment

Cloud development would be awesome to add. I know that is a huge task. /bows

Comment

Originally posted by Lateris View Post
                        Cloud development would be awesome to add. I know that is a huge task. /bows
                        What does that even mean?

Comment

Is there an ETA on the updated Roadmap and / or the first 4.8 preview being released?

I'm interested in the low end mobile optimizations, mobile dynamic shadows and further Android stability.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy_Jazz View Post
                            Is there an ETA on the updated Roadmap and / or the first 4.8 preview being released?

I'm interested in the low end mobile optimizations, mobile dynamic shadows and further Android stability.
                            Hey there! We typically update the Roadmap roughly every 6 weeks or so. It should be mostly up to date now!
                            Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

Does "UE4 Roadmap -> Rendering -> Hair/fur shading" mean NVIDIA HairWorks?

Comment

Originally posted by Aabs Inc. View Post
                                Does "UE4 Roadmap -> Rendering -> Hair/fur shading" mean NVIDIA HairWorks?
                                No, there are no plans to integrate that to the main engine at the moment.
                                Lead Programmer - UE4 Animation/Physics/Audio Team - Epic Games
                                Twitter: @EpicJamesG

Comment

Working...
                                X