No announcement yet.

Custom Bluprint nodes with C++ function code in-editor :-o

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe its possible to create utility that can convert bp in c++(nodes to c++ code symbols), for example i create my actor in bp with some logic and then click button and unreal generate "*.cpp" and "*.h" files with the same functional, bu default it can be done not ideal and if user wont? --- it can do optimization by hands

here is example from epic Unity to unreal tutorial
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Снимок.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	1080944
    We can see that c++ code the same like nodes in bp so need just conversion!!

Comment

I think its upto us to make things like that. It doesn't serve epic well to debug all the issues that come with scripting languages and let's face it they slow down the engine after all the work they put in to make it c++ based without uscript. I think the community will add languages in time. Money on LUA being first.
      http://unrealdeveloper.uk

Comment

Yep, Lua is first https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...one-interested

Comment

I really support the idea of compiling blueprint graphs into C++ code.Also the idea of in-editor coding is really nice.
          I dont really see the point for large scripting language support on the part of Epic.
          If users want/need that, they should implement and support that themselves on a plugin basis.

Comment

Originally posted by Doublezer0 View Post
            I think its upto us to make things like that. It doesn't serve epic well to debug all the issues that come with scripting languages and let's face it they slow down the engine after all the work they put in to make it c++ based without uscript. I think the community will add languages in time. Money on LUA being first.
            UE always had C++ coding, but accessible only to licensed developers. What replaced uscript is blueprint
            =========
            My Tutorials:
            Basic knowledge about Classes and UObject environment and stuff like that

Comment

I've wished for exactly this myself! In my opinion it would be a better use of resources than to implement a separate scripting language. It would not fragment the user base but bring C++ and Blueprint even closer together.

Tim, please make it happen!

Comment

I second this, it would be awesome to inline C++ in places where it's cleaner in code or performance is critical.
                Plugins: Node.js - TensorFlow - Socket.io Client - ZipUtility - Leap Motion - Hydra - Myo - RealSense

Comment

it would be awesome to inline C++ in places where it's cleaner in code or performance is critical.
                  I would be carefull with expectations to performance. It could be the same effect that sometimes happens when you use inline assembler.
                  The compiler has to manage around your machine code and some optimizations are now impossible and you lose more performance than you gain by your asm magic.
                  It is really difficult to beat modern compilers
                  Last edited by KVogler; 02-18-2016, 06:24 PM.

Comment

2 years later, I still wish this feature existed
                    Check out my awesome game :www.worldvoid.com Thank you

Comment

We really need something like this. There have been several instances where I refactored blueprints into C++ because the if-statement tree I was using or some kind of complex loop iteration proved to be far more cumbersome in blueprints. Blueprints are nice when you have a simple sequence of function calls going on, but things like mathematical arithmetic or more complex algorithms need to be done in actual code, and it would be nice if the two can easily be converted.
                      Last edited by GhostRavenstorm; 02-16-2017, 03:43 AM.

Comment

Hi [MENTION=195961]GhostRavenstorm[/MENTION]
                        I think we are closer now to see this implemented this way if they decide to do it.
                        With the last update (4.15), we can officially compile blueprint as native code just setting a checkbox, so we have the performance gain.
                        Someone could say that the original request on this thread is no longer necessary, but you give a good reason to still make this request useful.
                        For people that actually know how to code in C++ will be very handy to write some code in C++ inside some blueprint nodes without having
                        to go to Visual Studio; in some cases could be even easier, cleaner and faster than doing "everything blueprint" or "everything c++".
                        Regards,
                        Denys

WIP: Crabby Ball (2D platform game)

Comment

Upcoming hackathon I gonna have some fun

| Finite State Machine | Savior | USQLite | Object-Pool | Sound-Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Well ain't that a b**** of a tease.
                            [Submitted] Advanced Data Validation

Comment

That would be awesome.

Comment

I truly wish UE4 came with its own compiler in addition to code blueprint nodes. It would then become an ultimate tool.

Comment

Working...
                                X