X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks! I will use it then

Comment

Originally posted by David Morasz View Post
      well just try to do what it tells you to do, put PrecompileForTargets = PrecompileForTargetsType.Any; into SpaceMouseReader.build.cs
      Originally posted by roberteker View Post

I'm not a coder, so I don't know where in that file to do this.

However, it sounds as if the plugin will then be included in the build. That's, I guess fine as long as it doesn't complain that PCs running the build won't have 3Dconnexion hardware (or interfere with VR), but ideally, I'd just want it disabled in builds.
      Sorry to bring this up again, but I still get this in 4.25 when I try to package the game and I can't even find a build.cs file... (also, personally, zero interest in plugin support in the packaged build... I just want to be able to package it).

Comment

eobet I was erroneously only tested it when the plugin was sitting in the Project plugins folder, when I was packaging the Test project, which also uses the runtime module, I didn't meet with this error. I could however reproduce it when the plugin was sitting in Engine plugins folder. It's a known thing, and I will try to eliminate it once I'll have some dedicated time for it again.

Comment

Thats great news about the control of cine cameras David, will be a great addition especially with seq recorder, just about to try a build for 4.25, cheers

grabbed the 4.25 archive, worked a treat, great job
          Last edited by GeeTeeCM2016; 05-24-2020, 02:00 PM.
          Gee Tee
          Interactive Asia
          http://www.interactive-asia.com/
          Chiang Mai, Thailand

Comment

Got my SpaceMouse working with UE 4.25 - so satisfying! I would gladly pay for this plugin. One question: are there any plans to add in-game control axis mapping capability?
            Thanks!

Comment

JediMaster108 There are no proper axis mappings yet, but there's the runtime module which provides a BP node to get the unified data of all connected space mice

Comment

Hi All,
                Need space mouse working can not deal with this alt mouse combo stuff.. What is the status of this plugin. Can someone link the latest and 123 on how to install. for 4.25? Also who ever made this you have donation coming if this can work. Would like to support. The file from the link on the last page says wrong version for 4.25. Do i set the controls axis in ue4 or in the 3dconnexxion application?
                Thank you!
                Last edited by rich0550; 06-22-2020, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Thanks David Morasz this is great - excellent work! Would be cool if it also worked to pan and zoom in ortho viewports at some point.

Comment

Thank you, David for the development of this plugin! Really needed. I have been testing it: I use 3Dxware version 10.6.8.3210. Is it correct to say that the 3dconnexion properties won't affect speed or response inside Unreal? I have also noted 3dconnexion properties is no longer responding to other applications. I am trying to find out this is due to the use of your plugin or it's due to the newest driver.
                    I tell you this because everytime I left click the spacemouse inside Unreal Engine and tweak any propertie, I go back to unreal and "Translation speed" gets slower and slower,... I use U 4.25.1
                    Cheers,
                    Last edited by Lardizabal; 06-29-2020, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lardizabal View Post
                      Thank you, David for the development of this plugin! Really needed. I have been testing it: I use 3Dxware version 10.6.8.3210. Is it correct to say that the 3dconnexion properties won't affect speed or response inside Unreal? I have also noted 3dconnexion properties is no longer responding to other applications. I am trying to find out this is due to the use of your plugin or it's due to the newest driver.
                      I tell you this because everytime I left click the spacemouse inside Unreal Engine and tweak any propertie, I go back to unreal and "Translation speed" gets slower and slower,... I use U 4.25.1
                      Cheers,
                      Hi! You're welcome! This plugin reads HID device directly, bypassing 3DxWare, so 3DConnexion software will not know about UE4, and therefore UE4 will not read any properties from 3DxWare configuration. All settings are configured in the Editor Settings window in UE4. The camera speed is also affected by the Camera Speed slider in the editor viewport. This speed can be modified with the buttons on your device, it can be configured again in the Editor Settings window, under SpaceMouse section.
                      Originally posted by rich0550 View Post
                      Hi All,
                      Need space mouse working can not deal with this alt mouse combo stuff.. What is the status of this plugin. Can someone link the latest and 123 on how to install. for 4.25? Also who ever made this you have donation coming if this can work. Would like to support. The file from the link on the last page says wrong version for 4.25. Do i set the controls axis in ue4 or in the 3dconnexxion application?
                      Thank you!
                      This plugin should serve you well already. if it's complaining about wrong version for UE 4.25 then it might be necessary to recompile for newer revisions (I last compiled it with 4.25.0 and now 4.25.1 came out already) I will look into it. You set axis settings in UE4, as mentioned before this plugin doesn't care about 3DxWare.

Comment

Working...
                      X