Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Feature Request] Vehicle Interior Editor

Hey everyone,

I am currently working on a small project that requires a vehicle interior editor or something similar.
    I am looking at the Bohemia Interactive (ARMA 3 and DayZ Developers) Proprietary engines Vehicle Editor (O2) which I have some past experience with modding Arma 3 with.

As for the actual vehicle Interior editor - I am imagining Something like this just with a more Unreal 4 Centric Way of doing things...

I am guessing something like this could be done with sockets and anim trees for various character states.

Thank you for your time,

HeadClot

It think that might be too specific, engine made for ARMA defiantly will be more centric toward vehicles, thats why they made vehicle editor, but Unreal is made for everything I think you will see somebody do plugin like that faster then Epic implementing something like that
    =========
    My Tutorials:
    Basic knowledge about Classes and UObject environment and stuff like that

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowriver View Post
      It think that might be too specific, engine made for ARMA defiantly will be more centric toward vehicles, thats why they made vehicle editor, but Unreal is made for everything I think you will see somebody do plugin like that faster then Epic implementing something like that
      I am not saying make a direct copy of the Arma 3 Vehicle Editor. I just posted that as an example, Sorry I should have been more specific on that.

- HeadClot

Comment

Originally posted by HeadClot View Post
        I am not saying make a direct copy of the Arma 3 Vehicle Editor. I just posted that as an example, Sorry I should have been more specific on that.

- HeadClot
        He is just saying is that something like this is a has very specific use case. Not that it wouldn't be cool, and useful for other people. This is particularly why UE4 is different from so many engines. They are almost democratizing development priority of UE4. Trying to add stuff that will appeal to the most amount of users as possible. They gave you the entire source so that anyone could create a plugin for such functionality, and with the hope that one day people will put up these special tools up on the marketplace. Also if it become popular enough, and is polished and used, potential pulling it into the main tree (with authors approval of course).
        Twitter - @TheKRushin

Feel free to ask questions and come learn to be an #UnrealDev

How to report a Bug

Comment

Originally posted by HeadClot View Post

- HeadClot
          And i'm talking about concept of such editor,i see how it would be prioritized for engine for ARMA, but i don't see how it would be prioritized for Unreal, which is made to be more universal engine, not just shooter with vehicles or car racer. If anything i could see someone doing plugin like that.... besides isn't this external tool that can generate some file? maybe plug in that imports those files from that editor, or there might be already exporter to FBX which can be imported to Unreal.
          =========
          My Tutorials:
          Basic knowledge about Classes and UObject environment and stuff like that

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowriver View Post
            And i'm talking about concept of such editor,i see how it would be prioritized for engine for ARMA, but i don't see how it would be prioritized for Unreal, which is made to be more universal engine, not just shooter with vehicles or car racer. If anything i could see someone doing plugin like that.... besides isn't this external tool that can generate some file? maybe plug in that imports those files from that editor, or there might be already exporter to FBX which can be imported to Unreal.
            Ah fair enough. I see where you are coming from

Comment

Arma (oxygen):
              Lod0 = Interior
              Lod1 = Exterior
              Lod2 = Exterior / lod1
              Between lod0/1 - switch animations, meshes, camera, geometry (fire geometry, collision, etc).

Comment

Why wouldn't you be doing setting this stuff up in Max / Maya?

Comment

Originally posted by ambershee View Post
                  Why wouldn't you be doing setting this stuff up in Max / Maya?
                  I can imagine, that it is not all about making just static interior, but interactive one. Which might be well, hard to pull of in just DCC app.

But as people said before. It's to specific feature to be added by Epic. Someone might want to jump on it and create plugin.
                  https://github.com/iniside/ActionRPGGame - Action RPG Starter kit. Work in Progress. You can use it in whatever way you wish.

Comment

I'd imagine it'd largely be a case of setting up your animation properly and haven't a decent pipeline / plan from the start. You'd naturally still need to do a lot editor side too - but something like this is such an edge case I can't see it being really used by almost anyone!

Comment

Working...
                    X