Please add custom hardware cursor support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom hardware cursors would be a nice christmas gift

Or maybe anyone could write a plugin for this and release it on the marketplace?
    Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
    Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Plugin won't solve it. There are baseline changes needed to the platform layer, as well as a host of changes to what we cook.

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
        Hey LittleGiant, where is it on your list?
        That one time, the list I had reached into 2018.....

I feel this.

Comment

Just want to say, I need custom hardware cursors

In a RTS the cursor is usually used to indicate what actions the currently selected units can do, based on where the mouse hovers. So the cursor tells the player "they can walk here", "they can attack this" or "they can do nothing here".

I think there is really no alternative to this. If you know any, please tell me. I don't wan't to wait another year until I can implement this, since it's such a basic thing.

Just found this:

http://blogs.unity3d.com/2012/10/22/cursor-api/

Unity did that in 2012. We now have 2016.
          Last edited by John Alcatraz; 01-20-2016, 12:42 AM.
          Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
          Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
            Just want to say, I need custom hardware cursors
            Welcome to the club
            Modular Menu System @ UE4 Marketplace: "Build your UMG Menus in Minutes!"
            Marketplace Page | General Discussion | Support Thread | Preview Video

Comment

Bump :-)

Comment

I think there is really no alternative to this. If you know any, please tell me. I don't wan't to wait another year until I can implement this, since it's such a basic thing.
                Yes, It is getting frustrating, I am waiting for long time too. It looks like that this will be first feature which forces me to use source version of engine.

Comment

Posting here to +1 the desire for this feature.

I don't feel as emotionally invested as the other people itt do because I'll probably never actually make anything good with the Engine... but it'd be really really cool to have so that RTS stuff would look prettier.

Comment

So... This thread has been started over a year ago.
                    Dear Epic, is there *any* chance we will see hardware mouse cursors before UE 4.20 or something?

Would be awesomely terrific

Cheers!

Comment

Still no hardware cursor...
                      Epic Games, please add it!

Comment

Since there is no such thing as a "wetware cursor", I guess will have to vote for a hardware cursor instead. :/

Meh...

Comment

Any news on this?

Comment

Originally posted by haimat View Post
                            Dear Epic, is there *any* chance we will see hardware mouse cursors before UE 4.20 or something?
                            There is a chance that hardware cursors will exist before 4.20

Comment

Hey Nick... lol... btw I have one related question. Yesterday I was playing with assigning widgets to cursors in project settings. How these work ? Do they have same latency as hardware cursors ? For me it looks like they are a bit more responsive than manual cursors created and attached in UMG or HUD.

Is using these cursors what you suggest to RTS game devs ?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Darnell View Post
                                There is a chance that hardware cursors will exist before 4.20
                                Awesome

Comment

Working...
                                X