Please add custom hardware cursor support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hahahaha, Slavq, that's hilarious
    Last edited by MaFloBra; 09-03-2015, 03:04 AM.
    Modular Menu System @ UE4 Marketplace: "Build your UMG Menus in Minutes!"
    Marketplace Page | General Discussion | Support Thread | Preview Video

Comment

I dunno if I trust bags of +1's; I mean there's no telling how much air was put in the bag, also a bunch of the +1's could be broken in the bottom of the bag, who wants that.

Comment

Originally posted by NickDarnell View Post
        I dunno if I trust bags of +1's; I mean there's no telling how much air was put in the bag, also a bunch of the +1's could be broken in the bottom of the bag, who wants that.
        Well, obviously one cannot trust a bag of +1's.

Still, it is apparent that quite a few devs here would love to see that feature -- more than many of the advanced features.
        And it surely doesn't help if there is no official statement from Epic if and when we will see it in UE4.

Comment

Originally posted by NickDarnell View Post
          Does this mean there's a chance?
          I personally care about this a lot more than any graphics features.

Comment

Hey all,

I've been talking with the development team on this and doing it properly will take some considerable time. We hear you, for sure, and it's something we'd also love to have put in place But at this time we're unsure of if/when we'll be able to get it implemented.

As things change, I'll let you know!
            Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Ivey View Post
              I've been talking with the development team on this and doing it properly will take some considerable time.
              Hi Chance, thanks very much for your feedback. It's good to know that you are aware of this issue. It would be great however if you could at least ask a dev to explain a bit in technical terms why it is so hard to implement. Because frankly I don't see the difficulty at all for the PC (Win, Mac, Linux). Why exactly (technically) is it that hard or time-consuming to implement that at least as experimental feature for PC platforms?

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Ivey View Post
                Hey all,

I've been talking with the development team on this and doing it properly will take some considerable time. We hear you, for sure, and it's something we'd also love to have put in place But at this time we're unsure of if/when we'll be able to get it implemented.

As things change, I'll let you know!
                Thank you thank you thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by haimat View Post
                  Hi Chance, thanks very much for your feedback. It's good to know that you are aware of this issue. It would be great however if you could at least ask a dev to explain a bit in technical terms why it is so hard to implement. Because frankly I don't see the difficulty at all for the PC (Win, Mac, Linux). Why exactly (technically) is it that hard or time-consuming to implement that at least as experimental feature for PC platforms?
                  I would also like to know this I don't see whats so difficult in adding this code to the engine:

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ardware+cursor

You just have to merge it into the engine and that's all.
                  Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
                  Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
                    I would also like to know this I don't see whats so difficult in adding this code to the engine:

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ardware+cursor

They want to do it properly, which I hope means full BP support.

Comment

Originally posted by SinineSiil View Post
                      They want to do it properly, which I hope means full BP support.
                      From what I can tell reading this and similar threads it would be preferred by most devs here to have an experimental/temporary solution (for PC platforms) now rather than a full-featured solution at some distant point in the future...

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
                        Heh, I wish. It's never that easy; we need to minimally

1) Merge It
                        2) Test It
                        3) Document It

Additionally the problem is that the solution provided is incomplete. What's provided is awesome and it's fine for a helpful bit of code on the forums to unblock some users, but it's missing these vital completeness factors,

1) Address cooking/deployment. (Probably also involving some kind of editor UI / Editor Import step)
                        2) Fixing it so you don't need custom assets to be made for each platform using custom 3rd party tools.

We could probably live without 2, but 1 is pretty much a must have.

Additionally if you're good enough to use the C++ as is, even if it was integrated by us, you don't need us to integrate it. It makes your life easier, but at the end of the day it would never stop you from making your game because you can just as easily merge the code yourself. Without us doing 1/1+2 though, it would definitely stop someone who doesn't have the skills needed to integrate or even use the C++ code, even if we integrated it.

Like Chance said, we want to add the support but we need the Demand, Complexity, Resource and Value equation to be balanced to bang it out as an officially supported thing. Which may happen soon, but probably not tomorrow.

Comment

Thanks for this detailed answer, Nick!

Comment

seems like demand was always here, so i really dont understand why thats takes so long to implement must have feature.

Comment

Time for another round :-)
                              Any news on this issue, guys?

Comment

Hey guys, are there any news on this matter?
                                The original posting dated from April, that's more than half a year now :-(

Comment

Working...
                                X