[Request] Blueprints: Possibility to change background grid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    so how do you go about putting a cat on your blueprint editor background?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TheJamsh View Post
    Now that this is supported in 4.14, can we also have it extended to the UMG Designer Viewport too?
    That would be cool! Grid snapping could still be active, just without the visible grid (optionally). I thought that UMG grid uses the same logic for drawing these lines, I'm also quite surprised that it's not.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Dunno, I don't find it useful, same as removing grid in bp editor. But you guys seems happy about it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by CriErr View Post
    thats sounds like a bad idea, grid is kinda important when you actually trying to layout stuff.
    Thats why we have an enable / disable checkbox.

It's useful for taking screenshots of your User Interface (especially if you have transparency). 4.14 already has a toggle to enable/disable the widget bounding boxes (G on keyboard), and tbh I'm surprised the widget viewport doesn't draw from the same values as the blueprint graph.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TheJamsh View Post
    Now that this is supported in 4.14, can we also have it extended to the UMG Designer Viewport too?
    thats sounds like a bad idea, grid is kinda important when you actually trying to layout stuff.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Slavq View Post
    I've worked with the non-grid background for some time and it's indeed much nicer to work with and cleaner! Clean, dark background looks great in both blueprint & material editor + it's more readable.
    Imho the new look without grids should be on by default, many people probably don't even know about this possibility. What's your thoughts?
    +1

We need more BP visual customisation options too...
    Like the ability to change the look of wires & nodes...
    To help differentiate variables form node spaghetti...
    How hard can that be for the talented team at Epic?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've worked with the non-grid background for some time and it's indeed much nicer to work with and cleaner! Clean, dark background looks great in both blueprint & material editor + it's more readable.
    Imho the new look without grids should be on by default, many people probably don't even know about this possibility. What's your thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'd be happy if all nodes would have the same size.
    Array Nodes are immensly larger than normal nodes and causing the Execute path to be uneven.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just FYI, possibility to turn off the grid is already available in 4.13 Preview! It's under Editor Preferences -> Appearance.
    It's eye soothing - and it brings clearer readability indeed! Great job, thanks!

PS. No default cats yet

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Alexander Paschall View Post
    We just got a PR for this, so we'll see
    We will win better readability also on video tutorials.

Jut do it
    Last edited by Galeon; 06-29-2016, 07:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Slavq View Post
    +1 I'm thinking the same, it would be awesome to have some ON/OFF switch somewhere in editor settings. Better readability and cleaner look.
    We just got a PR for this, so we'll see

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Galeon View Post
    I would find very confusing working with a cat image on background.
    Well, it could serve as a substitute for Rubber Duck Debugging Cute Kitten Debugging.

Originally posted by Galeon View Post
    [MENTION=2289]Michael Noland[/MENTION]
    Can Epic devs bring a menu option to turn on/off Blueprint grids please ?
    Without grids , it brings a better readability.
    Thank you.
    +1 I'm thinking the same, it would be awesome to have some ON/OFF switch somewhere in editor settings. Better readability and cleaner look.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I would find very confusing working with a cat image on background.
    [MENTION=2289]Michael Noland[/MENTION]
    Can Epic devs bring a menu option to turn on/off Blueprint grids please ?
    Without grids , it brings a better readability.
    Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Whoa... This is amazing!
    Sexy, indeed. Actually... Both the pure-dark and pure-cat backgrounds look very sexy!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X