No announcement yet.

[Request] Blueprints: Possibility to change background grid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok so we see this in the next update WOW!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Babcock View Post
      If you go into SNodePanel.cpp, SNodePanel::PaintBackgroundAsLines() is where it is drawn. Take out the code commented horizontal bars and vertical bars and you'll have a dark background without lines for blueprint editor and material editor.
      It's quite sexy to see.

Click image for larger version

Name:	NoGrid.png
Views:	1
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	1109007
      Marketplace Asset - Economy Kit; Marketplace Asset - Notification Kit; Marketplace Asset - Achievepedia; Marketplace Asset - Player Stats Kit; Marketplace Asset - Photomode;
      Marketplace Asset - Interaction Kit; Marketplace Asset - Turret Kit; Marketplace Asset - Character Stats Kit; Marketplace Asset - Smooth Camera Kit; Plugin - Toggl Plugin;
      Hire us here; Panda Studios, Game development company.; Official Unreal Engine Game Jam Sponsor

Comment

You can also edit the colors in SlateEditorStyle.cpp if desired (making all three the same color would eliminate the distinction between the origin line, major, and minor grid lines):

Set( "Graph.Panel.GridLineColor", FLinearColor(0.035f, 0.035f, 0.035f) );
        Set( "Graph.Panel.GridRuleColor", FLinearColor(0.008f, 0.008f, 0.008f) );
        Set( "Graph.Panel.GridCenterColor", FLinearColor(0.000f, 0.000f, 0.000f) );

If you are really desperate for that cat background, the BG is still an image (it just doesn't contain the grid lines):

Set( "Graph.Panel.SolidBackground", new IMAGE_BRUSH( "/Graph/GraphPanel_SolidBackground", FVector2D(16, 16), FLinearColor::White, ESlateBrushTileType::Both) );

Cheers,
        Michael Noland

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Noland View Post
          If you are really desperate for that cat background, the BG is still an image (it just doesn't contain the grid lines):

Set( "Graph.Panel.SolidBackground", new IMAGE_BRUSH( "/Graph/GraphPanel_SolidBackground", FVector2D(16, 16), FLinearColor::White, ESlateBrushTileType::Both) );
          Michael Noland knows where the priorities are here.
          Twitch /unrealalexander| Twitter @UnrealAlexander
          How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues?
          Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION]

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander Paschall View Post
            Michael Noland knows where the priorities are here.
            Challenge accepted:
            Hobby game developer from Germany Follow me on Twitter!
            Stuff I made:
            Steam Workshop Tutorial/Wiki
            Making a full working translation for your game and change it at runtime

Comment

Whoa... This is amazing!
              Sexy, indeed. Actually... Both the pure-dark and pure-cat backgrounds look very sexy!

Comment

I would find very confusing working with a cat image on background.
                [MENTION=2289]Michael Noland[/MENTION]
                Can Epic devs bring a menu option to turn on/off Blueprint grids please ?
                Without grids , it brings a better readability.
                Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Galeon View Post
                  I would find very confusing working with a cat image on background.
                  Well, it could serve as a substitute for Rubber Duck Debugging Cute Kitten Debugging.

Originally posted by Galeon View Post
                  [MENTION=2289]Michael Noland[/MENTION]
                  Can Epic devs bring a menu option to turn on/off Blueprint grids please ?
                  Without grids , it brings a better readability.
                  Thank you.
                  +1 I'm thinking the same, it would be awesome to have some ON/OFF switch somewhere in editor settings. Better readability and cleaner look.

Comment

Originally posted by Slavq View Post
                    +1 I'm thinking the same, it would be awesome to have some ON/OFF switch somewhere in editor settings. Better readability and cleaner look.
                    We just got a PR for this, so we'll see
                    Twitch /unrealalexander| Twitter @UnrealAlexander
                    How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues?
                    Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION]

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander Paschall View Post
                      We just got a PR for this, so we'll see
                      We will win better readability also on video tutorials.

Jut do it
                      Last edited by Galeon; 06-29-2016, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Just FYI, possibility to turn off the grid is already available in 4.13 Preview! It's under Editor Preferences -> Appearance.
                        It's eye soothing - and it brings clearer readability indeed! Great job, thanks!

PS. No default cats yet

Comment

I'd be happy if all nodes would have the same size.
                          Array Nodes are immensly larger than normal nodes and causing the Execute path to be uneven.

Comment

I've worked with the non-grid background for some time and it's indeed much nicer to work with and cleaner! Clean, dark background looks great in both blueprint & material editor + it's more readable.
                            Imho the new look without grids should be on by default, many people probably don't even know about this possibility. What's your thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Slavq View Post
                              I've worked with the non-grid background for some time and it's indeed much nicer to work with and cleaner! Clean, dark background looks great in both blueprint & material editor + it's more readable.
                              Imho the new look without grids should be on by default, many people probably don't even know about this possibility. What's your thoughts?
                              +1

We need more BP visual customisation options too...
                              Like the ability to change the look of wires & nodes...
                              To help differentiate variables form node spaghetti...
                              How hard can that be for the talented team at Epic?
                              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              What are the BEST Unreal Tutorials / Docs? There are none tbh... Here's why
                              Instead its better to just take projects apart (see the free 'creators' listed here)

Comment

Now that this is supported in 4.14, can we also have it extended to the UMG Designer Viewport too?

Comment

Working...
                                X