UE 4.9 Suggestion: Quality of Life Improvement release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UE 4.9 Suggestion: Quality of Life Improvement release

Just a quick suggestion; after the huge update in 4.8, I wonder if we could get a release (4.9) that would focus more on "quality of life" improvements rather than "new and stunning tools". At this stage, it would seem appropriate to do a massive "Bug-Squashing", existing tool improvements, and optimization release. That way, instead of releasing something new, albeit hugely impressive, we could get a huge set of bug fixes, existing tool improvements, and optimization out there before introducing more bugs (as we all know happens unfortunately) that inevitably is released with new features.
    WIP: Science Project - A collection of middle school through advanced college level science theory and formula-based functions for use in your own projects
    World Machine to UE4 Export Macro
    WM Folder Generator - Creates a folder that you name with HeightMap, NormalMap, SplatMap, and Tile sub-folders

I second that idea , a stable release and less tools for 4.9

Comment

thirded!
      10chars
      Follow me on Twitter!
      Developer of Elium - Prison Escape
      Local Image-Based Lighting for UE4

Comment

Fourthed!
        (May the fourth be with you)
        Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
        Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

fifted
          (of vodka)

Comment

Combo breaker!

It would be great if a few experimental features were finished as well.

Sixed!
            (Super Hexagon?)

Comment

Since the engine is now free and "keeping people subscribed with exciting updates every month" is no longer a thing, Epic needs UE4 users to release successful games to make money and I agree that getting rid of the bugs plays a huge role in that. I lose way too many development ours doing detours around the minefields.

Comment

sevened
                (7up)

if u make a multiplayer game like me
                the delay node will be youre best friend (or mother).i think its becouse the blueprint is slow on replicating .
                this need to be fixed ASAP

Comment

Eighted! Also mabye some fun improvements to the Blueprint only networking (almost there- just needs dedicated server options/nodes, team based player/AI support- if Blueprints can do all that ShooterGame can (regarding networking) in the future, there won't be anything else I'd like to see improved!
                  ARTSTATION: https://www.artstation.com/artist/noisestorm

Comment

Originally posted by illYay View Post
                    Combo breaker!

It would be great if a few experimental features were finished as well.

Sixed!
                    (Super Hexagon?)
                    Paper2D!

Also, I am getting ready to finally beat that stupid game.

Comment

+1
                      would be great if ue4 was a lot less sketchy. please prioritize adding polish and optimizing the existing features.
                      isn't this something everybody wants and has wanted since the beginning?...
                      tegleg.co.uk - indie electronic music label
                      Android + HTML5 WIP Physics Game
                      PC Games - Android Apps

Comment

4.8? That's still not a public release though. It goes through 4-5 rounds of public Preview Builds before it's a stable public release.

Comment

NineThd!
                          (because 7 8 9....windows 10)
                          Hey guys I just posted this, its relevant to this thread and I want some opinions.

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...to-think-about
                          Last edited by SilverNeon; 04-21-2015, 09:13 AM. Reason: 7 8 9!

Comment

I totally support this.. sure.. we need new "stunning" features and tools and GI and huge open worlds and all that () but if the cost of that is to have a buggy engine (let's face it, UE4 has been pretty buggy so far.. and it seems to be getting worse) then personally, I would rather have zero new features for 4.9.

I think it's completely worth it to sacrifice a month or two JUST for quality improvement and bug hunting.. it's completely reasonable IMO, all things considered.

4.10 Update! -> [Community Project] WIP Weather & Ocean Water Shader
                            WIP Interactive Water Shader, WIP 2D Water Sim
                            WIP FFT Ocean w/ Foam, Quad-tree Infinite Ocean LOD

Comment

I'm seeing loads less editor crashes now.....4.7 has been the most stable release yet. In fact, I now believe I could make a finished product with it. My point being that they are working on bug fixes already and should give me loadsa new cool features alongside the fixes, I wanna see soft body physics implemented and I'd like the ability to use multiple materials for landscape paint-able layers (rather than making the layers in the material), I believe both of these were possible in UE3/UDK...
                              [FREE] Procedural Bridge Blueprint, [FREE] Spline Enabled Ivy BP

Comment

Working...
                              X